• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Seaside MK-Donkeys- a match report

Southendsleeper

Manager
So very very cold today

Well what can I say

Cole got offficial man of the match but Freddy was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

Dodgy penalty decision, ball to elbow as opposed to hand to ball. Fantastic miss though, the only thing to get a bigger cheer was the announcement of McScriv's engagement.

Its catch 22, the crowd were quite, not getting behind the team because of the performance, the players dont respond to the lack of noise and get frustrated/low in confidence when boos ring out.

Gray spent most of the game on his backside, Freddy kept trying, but MK Dons were the better side for the first half without question. Maher was anonymous and a couple of great saves from Daryl kept us in it.

For a period 15 minutes after the break we were great, the crwod responded and I thought we would get something out of the match. But then it petered out and I cant see anything on the bench to change this. JCR still can run like lightning but has no end product. Gower kept passing to the opposition and when he got the ball would go backwards rather than take people on. Southend players kept colliding with a frequency that was alarming. Its a confidence thing, as this team was top of the league a while ago, not that much has changed.

Even the Blue Belles was a bit lackluster as there were only 5 today. A half hearted dance, to an equally uninspired reception.

Never mind as I heard as I left, we're unbeaten in 4 games
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Dec. 26 2005,17:38)]Maher was poor today but yet still he is still on the pitch! come on Tilly get some bottle and show Maher who is boss
I cant quite put my finger on it, but the league table looks better now
tounge.gif

Come on, who really rated Maher today? Personally i thought he had another sh!t game. Gutts and Beno in the middle on wednesday!

Utter garbage today.... no shots on target first half.... an hour before their keeper had to go down and make a save.....Maher, Gray and man of the match Cole(?
rock.gif
?) all should have been subbed at half time. We desparately need a target man to hold the ball up, Gray falls over whenever he has his back to goal and Freddy cant be expected to drop deep and play telling balls through the channels and be on the end of them at the same time. Again why wait so long to make changes when things are so obviously going pear shaped all over the place. Tilson on Essex radio saying that Cole was a creative player must have been watching a different game to me today,I only saw him make one telling run betwwen two deffenders which ended in a cross.When he is up against one deffender who stands off him ,he hasnt a clue, he ends up knocking the ball ahead of him and getting blocked out.

That has to be the worst game of the season, i thought gray was mk dons best defender cos every time he got the ball he kost it to one of there players, gower just looked lazy he would not take a player on down the line but he would cut in and lose the ball,pryor looks panic stricken every time the ball goes near him.Maher also had a poor game , fredy and jupp were probably the best players for us today.Oh well my first post on this site had to be after a sh*t game pity i couldn't have been a win

Terrible game, embarrasing. Had to leave the family meal before dessert!

Just to add my tuppence worth, I thought Gower was our best player.

I thought as a team we were pretty clueless, Gray was awful, Darryl showed why he is too small to play at a higher level and we were lucky to get a draw. I'm not sure how much more of that sh*te I can put up with to be honest. Tilson needs to give them a lesson or two in how to pass and move.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Dec. 26 2005,17:38)]Maher was poor today but yet still he is still on the pitch! come on Tilly get some bottle and show Maher who is boss
That's getting a bit old now.

I had the pleasure of sitting near the Maher Fan Club and I have to admit, in my first game at Roots Hall this season, I was a bit dissapointed.

No way should Eastwood be even thought about getting the MOTM award, Southendsleeper. Was even suprised when Cole got it. I thought Barrett should have been considered it, as he did work hard today.

My next game is against Bournemouth and I hope we improve a hell of a lot by then.

Why did tilly sub gutts off in injury time, when we needed a goal. Surely he should have done it 5 mins from the end and not in injury time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Dec. 26 2005,20:11)]
[b said:
That's getting a bit old now.

I had the pleasure of sitting near the Maher Fan Club and I have to admit, in my first game at Roots Hall this season, I was a bit dissapointed.

No way should Eastwood be even thought about getting the MOTM award, Southendsleeper. Was even suprised when Cole got it. I thought Barrett should have been considered it, as he did work hard today.

My next game is against Bournemouth and I hope we improve a hell of a lot by then.
GETTING A BIT OLD!!!! f%&kING HELL HOW CAN WE JUSTIFY THE WAY HE IS PLAYING EACH GAME HOW CAN WE ALLOW IT!
every man should earn his place in the squad its not a god given right!

personally i hope maher stays in. at least it stops true blue picking out someone else to ridicule.

true blue "southend forever" what a joke, a supporter is someone who supports the team. all you seem to do is criticise on here. no doubt you do this during the match as well.

Yes it was crap, and yes this is a message board.

But how long have some of you been going to RH,every year we are crap at Boxing Day.

It is a tradition like putting up with your uncles jokes, i for one am pleased we did'nt lose.

Jupp was MoM without a doubt. Apart from him the majority of the rest of our players didn't perform, particularly Gray. He's got to be dropped to the bench for the next match. Lawson & Eastwood to start up front.

Back