• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2022-23 Season Cards - credit card sales now open on OS

There is a lot of assumption there.

Also the club being drip fed money might actually be better than getting the money all in one hit. After all. Our track record for maintaining funds is very poor indeed.

Also, we must be one of the only clubs doing this.

The club has offered no explanation as to why this year is different to any past seasons. We may no why, but at least explain. If you have a couple of adults and a couple of kids as a family then spending several hundred in the current climate may just not be possible. Credit cards allow the possibility to spread the cost.

Yes it has.

It was included from the very first announcement of season card prices.

The club said that due to Covid the credit card companies only released money after the games had been played, which means no money for the club until August and then only drip-fed.

Which suggests, if you were minded to, you could withdraw the cash from the C/C, and apart from the £9.50 withdrawal fee, the repayments would be the same as if you had paid by card.
My understanding is you’re charged interest from day of withdrawal as opposed to card payments when you only get charged interest from the day of the bill.

More generally borrowing on credit cards is generally a terrible idea which will just get you into a greater debt spiral. Please don’t buy a Southend season card on your credit card unless (a) you repay your bill in full every month; or (b) you have a 0% deal in which case you should pay it off in full as soon as that introductory offer expires. I appreciate times are tough due to inflation but season cards are still going to be available in August, most probably at the same price. Don’t put yourself in (more) debt, particularly when you have several months to try and save up and do it without incurring interest.

It’s too late for Southend United to escape debt problems but there may be time for Zoners to learn the lessons the club is only just embracing!

I was happy to use bank transfer in order to respond to the club's plea for cash, just as I was happy to forfeit my refund as the club needs all the help it can get if it's going to have a good season next year.

I just wonder if an alternative to the current stance might be a two-tier pricing structure - cheaper if you pay by cash or bank transfer, more expensive to use a card to reflect the additional costs and reduced cash flow for the club.

Not perfect, but would at least allow those who want to use cards to secure their season ticket. Maybe when they deem the early bird window over, they can say that there will be a discount (back down to the early bird price) for anyone choosing to pay cash or bank transfer?
In what other sales transactions does it cost you more to purchase with a credit card?

Would be interested if anyone can answer this.

In what other sales transactions does it cost you more to purchase with a credit card?

As I’ve posted, it doesn’t happen anymore. However, you don’t have to look back far, particularly if you booked a flight or holiday online when it was a commonplace rip-off.

Yes it has.

It was included from the very first announcement of season card prices.

The club said that due to Covid the credit card companies only released money after the games had been played, which means no money for the club until August and then only drip-fed.

My understanding is you’re charged interest from day of withdrawal as opposed to card payments when you only get charged interest from the day of the bill.

More generally borrowing on credit cards is generally a terrible idea which will just get you into a greater debt spiral. Please don’t buy a Southend season card on your credit card unless (a) you repay your bill in full every month; or (b) you have a 0% deal in which case you should pay it off in full as soon as that introductory offer expires. I appreciate times are tough due to inflation but season cards are still going to be available in August, most probably at the same price. Don’t put yourself in (more) debt, particularly when you have several months to try and save up and do it without incurring interest.

It’s too late for Southend United to escape debt problems but there may be time for Zoners to learn the lessons the club is only just embracing!
Key point for me. If the club just come out and said that, I'm sure that would help a lot of people. The whole thing is just far more complicated than it needs to be and is needlessly slowing sales and wasting bandwidth on here!

The club need to learn from previous mistakes and understand that being transparent is the way forward. More silence just causes confusion and anger.

Looks like it will be impossible to get a ticket for Maidstone without Away points from this seasons scheme. Lets see what they choose to do going forward as this will probably be the only game oversubscribed

Looks like it will be impossible to get a ticket for Maidstone without Away points from this seasons scheme. Lets see what they choose to do going forward as this will probably be the only game oversubscribed
I've just checked and their Stadium capacity is 4,200 (792 seated). As you say, probably over subscribed and cosy, especially if we are doing well.

I've just checked and their Stadium capacity is 4,200 (792 seated). As you say, probably over subscribed and cosy, especially if we are doing well.
The away allocation has been 600 there this season. We could probably take 3 or 4 times that depending on how we are doing. So yes that will be a tricky one to bag a ticket for.

The away allocation has been 600 there this season. We could probably take 3 or 4 times that depending on how we are doing. So yes that will be a tricky one to bag a ticket for.
All in the home stand then, sitting still and quietly obviously.

According to a few sites there average attendance is 2368 for the season.

Not sure if they have segregation but 4200 with no segregation will cut it again I guess

They got 3000 v Tonbridge angels and next highest was v dulwich 2500 and I’m sure they brought a few…

Maidstone and possibly Dorking Dartford and Ebbsfleet are all nearby and I'm sure there will be a big demand for tickets and maybe not particularly big allocations

Friend of mine has talked me into some away games for next season. I'm intrigued to try out some new grounds, maidstone away is 1 I'm definitely looking to do.
Did my first two this season, Chesterfield and Barnet. Good experiences ... our away support is brilliant!

Maidstone and possibly Dorking Dartford and Ebbsfleet are all nearby and I'm sure there will be a big demand for tickets and maybe not particularly big allocations
Hopefully none of these will come up.

Hassle to get tickets and full of day trippers.

Oxford city, havent and Waterlooville for me

Hopefully none of these will come up.

Hassle to get tickets and full of day trippers.

Oxford city, havent and Waterlooville for me

Each to their own, but Dartford is a cracking little away day. Nice little ground, decent facilities, an oddball fan base just begging to be brought down a peg or two… and more importantly just a 10 minute drive from sunny Grays.

What more could anyone ask for ?‍♂️

Maybe it doesn't cost you, the purchaser more BUT it does cost the seller, SUFC iirc? And the % the club gets charged could be anything and possible as high as 10 %

Back