• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2022-23 Season Cards - credit card sales now open on OS

Pricing always a difficult decision. Need the cash flow but also need the best overall revenue. I think next year getting big crowds in could be a major advantage for us over some of the opposition and pricing people out won’t make sense.

Blackpool early birds set at £339 and £359. I agree with Romford Blue - this is always a difficult balance. This year, with COVID, more than ever.

Those of you who came up for the first post Oyston game may be interested to know that our STs went on sale today and people have been queuing around the block all day. Clubs can bounce back, hopefully yours will too.

Blackpool early birds set at £339 and £359. I agree with Romford Blue - this is always a difficult balance. This year, with COVID, more than ever.

Those of you who came up for the first post Oyston game may be interested to know that our STs went on sale today and people have been queuing around the block all day. Clubs can bounce back, hopefully yours will too.
If you compare a lot of things between the Southend area and Blackpool, your town will come out favourably.

With the way things are going guessing first part of season will be played behind closed doors

I'd be a little surprised if we weren't allowed limited crowds back for first home game at least
I'd be very surprised if that was the case, deaths and hospital admissions are flat, we can't stay locked down because of virus you need to have a test to know whether or not you have.

I'd be very surprised if that was the case, deaths and hospital admissions are flat, we can't stay locked down because of virus you need to have a test to know whether or not you have.
I agree with you I was just saying it would surprise me if we weren't allowed any fans back for start of the season.Im hoping to be able to go to some away games this season

Right now i reckon it is 50/50, some clubs higher up are not making decisions on ST’s until they know whats what from the government.

With the 21/7 under threat of being pushed back it could well be we start with a reduced amount but as I say I reckon right now it is a 50/50 chance

I can see vaccine passports being needed for season tickets ( not a bad thing imho). In theory it would only need to be checked once - maybe when issued then sales on the day need to be checked.

I can see vaccine passports being needed for season tickets ( not a bad thing imho). In theory it would only need to be checked once - maybe when issued then sales on the day need to be checked.
Cannot see how that would work when season tickets could potentially go on sale as early as this weekend (if prices are announced this week as RM stated in the Zoom call). Some people have not been vaccinated once yet let alone twice, that would then be discrimination which was ne of the issues with vaccine passport sin the first place. Imagine being an ST holder for 15+ years and all of a sudden you cant have your usual seat as it is sold before getting your 2nd jab. Not saying I am against them but has to be done correctly

Cannot see how that would work when season tickets could potentially go on sale as early as this weekend (if prices are announced this week as RM stated in the Zoom call). Some people have not been vaccinated once yet let alone twice, that would then be discrimination which was ne of the issues with vaccine passport sin the first place. Imagine being an ST holder for 15+ years and all of a sudden you cant have your usual seat as it is sold before getting your 2nd jab. Not saying I am against them but has to be done correctly

No. No it wouldn't.

No. No it wouldn't.
what I was getting at was it was one of the reasons the Government were looking into as a concern when it was discussed last year or whenever it was.

ANyone should be able to buy them in my opinion, getting into the ground after that (if restrictions are in place) is a different subject for me.

ANyway I cannot see passports being needed to buy ST’s or tickets as they haven’t been so far when fans have been allowed in

A lot of STH don't make every game and lend their card to a friend as I do.

The discrimination thing can be addressed.
It should be a question of have you had the vaccination(s) you are expected to have had according to age.
So if you are an age group where you should have had both jabs that's the requirement
If you are an age group where you should have had one not yet the other then thats the requirement
If you are an age group where neither yet should have been had then that's ok
Medical grounds re the above just need a doctor to validate.
Its simple to set what your vaccination status should be by age and at each date as we progress (and build in leeway).

Problem is the endless dither and delay means the opportunity to sort this out has probably passed given STs need to go on sale. Indeed it shouldn't be just for football, it needed to be something brought in for all large-scale supporter events.

If someone is selfish enough not to have the jab when there is no reason not to then that's not discrimination in my view.

The discrimination thing can be addressed.
It should be a question of have you had the vaccination(s) you are expected to have had according to age.
So if you are an age group where you should have had both jabs that's the requirement
If you are an age group where you should have had one not yet the other then thats the requirement
If you are an age group where neither yet should have been had then that's ok
Medical grounds re the above just need a doctor to validate.
Its simple to set what your vaccination status should be by age and at each date as we progress (and build in leeway). Problem is the endless dither and delay means the opportunity to sort this out has probably passed given STs need to go on sale.

If someone is selfish enough not to have the jab when there is no reason not to then that not discrimination in my view.
It is yes, for the record i am over 50 and only had the first jab, i have 4 days to get the second before the first falls off nd thru no fault of my own i have yet to be offered the second jab. I have called 11 times (including this morning) but there is either no clinic for the one i had on or no appointments. They have forgotten to set up the instant alert for me say they will every time and as yet nothing. Quite painful really lol

Back