• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2022-23 Season Cards - credit card sales now open on OS

By the time the season starts, come hell or high water, the UK will be fully open for business and that includes football.
If the UK Guv and FA had sense they would be encouraging clubs to make areas like the North Bank, South Lower back to terrace standing with same numbers so it is safe for folks to distance and move about.
But that requires thought and we are lead by numpties.

It is yes, for the record i am over 50 and only had the first jab, i have 4 days to get the second before the first falls off nd thru no fault of my own i have yet to be offered the second jab. I have called 11 times (including this morning) but there is either no clinic for the one i had on or no appointments. They have forgotten to set up the instant alert for me say they will every time and as yet nothing. Quite painful really lol
Yes- when they said bring your second forward I cancelled my second then could only find later dates!! However, when I went on the NHS online booking I found by checking the different centres a big one that had dates the following day. I think thats the way to do it via the online booking site but its not as "user friendly" as it night be.

The discrimination thing can be addressed.
It should be a question of have you had the vaccination(s) you are expected to have had according to age.
So if you are an age group where you should have had both jabs that's the requirement
If you are an age group where you should have had one not yet the other then thats the requirement
If you are an age group where neither yet should have been had then that's ok
Medical grounds re the above just need a doctor to validate.
Its simple to set what your vaccination status should be by age and at each date as we progress (and build in leeway).

Problem is the endless dither and delay means the opportunity to sort this out has probably passed given STs need to go on sale. Indeed it shouldn't be just for football, it needed to be something brought in for all large-scale supporter events.

If someone is selfish enough not to have the jab when there is no reason not to then that's not discrimination in my view.
Sounds like something that would happen in China. By the way, now that children are being considered for vaccinations, how will they fit in to your plan. Also parents, who may or may not be vaccinated but won't allow their children to be. What next? Re education camp for anti vaxxers.

Yes- when they said bring your second forward I cancelled my second then could only find later dates!! However, when I went on the NHS online booking I found by checking the different centres a big one that had dates the following day. I think thats the way to do it via the online booking site but its not as "user friendly" as it night be.
Good tip will give it a go

Fans are being allowed to attend the Euros at Wembley if you can prove by showing on the NHS app that you are vaccinated or to provide a negative test.Wonder if the powers at be will want the same for all other sporting events.

Sounds like something that would happen in China. By the way, now that children are being considered for vaccinations, how will they fit in to your plan. Also parents, who may or may not be vaccinated but won't allow their children to be. What next? Re education camp for anti vaxxers.
Its already happening if you want to go on holiday and will happen even more. Many countries require you to have a certificate to say you have vaccinations for various local diseases of concern, and increasingly travel requires either a certification by way of vaccination, PCR test or both. This is going to become the norm probably for those of us who wish to travel widely.

You could apply the requirements only to adults (i.e. the over 16s or 18s if needed).

Any way for the purposes of the discussion on here its mute as I don't see it happening as a ongoing/longer term requirement in relation to sporting events in this country.

Fans are being allowed to attend the Euros at Wembley if you can prove by showing on the NHS app that you are vaccinated or to provide a negative test.Wonder if the powers at be will want the same for all other sporting events.
This may be a way- but the tests cost a lot currently- vaccination is free and once done is longer term- testing negative for a holiday or a major sporting event is a one or twice a year thing?

I'm let to believe the Government are now likely to not introduce them domestically but the owners of Wembley have introduced them for the euros as it's private land.

Good tip will give it a go
@Westcliff DGS - try here:

When I booked my appointments, I did it there rather than waiting to be contacted by my GP.

The website may be getting a bit hammered at the moment because they just opened up to a bigger age range. Ideally, you'll need your NHS number but, if you don't have that, they should be able to find you with just your address details.

It takes you through to a booking page where you can search for local places offering appointments and see what they have available. I booked both my jabs at once when I did. I did it on the morning they opened it up to my age range. The website was busy and it took me a couple of tries to go round because it was timing out. But it booked the appointments just fine.

I did find that it took quite a while to get the confirmation text/email. Their system was clearly under pressure and slow. I think it was actually a day or two later when I got the confirmation texts.

I printed the booking confirmation page to PDF to make sure I had all the details.

Only a few weeks now until my second jab...

Chance to buy a ST would be a good thing! Any ideas when they are going on sale?

I suspect that we will all eventually run out of steam and the various precautions will just expire. My journeys on C2C and being in London suggest that a lot of people are giving up on wearing masks and no one seems very bothered about enforcing it.

You would need some way of identifying people who can't have the vaccine, otherwise you would fall foul of the Equalities Act; and there is evidence that self-administered lateral flow tests are pretty poor as they are quite hard to do to yourself.

Is it weird that all this notwithstanding I am getting excited about the new season? I just get that sense of change.

I have been informed this morning that season card prices will be released next week.
Lol said last week it would be this week, we get to Friday and it is next week. I will renew when they are out doesnt bother me, just find it quite funny we delay when the club need the income

Lol said last week it would be this week, we get to Friday and it is next week. I will renew when they are out doesnt bother me, just find it quite funny we delay when the club need the income

You are probably correct but I can only report what I am told by the commercial dept.

I can see vaccine passports being needed for season tickets ( not a bad thing imho). In theory it would only need to be checked once - maybe when issued then sales on the day need to be checked.

So if you haven't been vaccinated you can't go to games? Can't see that working. My son is only 18 so nowhere near being vaccinated. If he can't go to games he won't buy a season ticket so revenue lost. I won't go without him so I won't buy a season ticket either, more revenue lost

So if you haven't been vaccinated you can't go to games? Can't see that working. My son is only 18 so nowhere near being vaccinated. If he can't go to games he won't buy a season ticket so revenue lost. I won't go without him so I won't buy a season ticket either, more revenue lost
Don't think it will happen in terms of demanding proof of vaccine (who knows it changes by the minute) but all over 18s will have been offered a vaccine by the end of July and it will be single a dose.

No thats fine Cricko, it is what it is, not having a pop at you or them. There is no point releasing the info til it is all 100% sorted
I guess they might also wait to hear if the is any clarity on the roadmap for outdoor events on Monday from Boris. its fair to say the is some uncertainty so waiting 2-3 days surely makes sense at this point.

Last edited:
Agreed. I'm sure the club will be waiting on Boris and the announcement.

Can't really pop the season card holders back in their normal seats if the government wants social distancing within the stadiums.

Looking forward to getting back to watching live football.

Back