• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you renew

• Total voters

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~2325750,00.html

Not sure people are going to be rushing out for these. With what we have seen this season i would have a further reduction would have been needed.

The bottom line for most is an increase of £50 to £350. They must be the highest prices in the division?

Even some of the championship clubs charge around that much.

If we flog 2k seaso's i will be amazed.

Wont be renewing mine.

What did you honestly expect? They were frozen last year and there's been a VAT increase, I fully expected an increase of about 10%....surely most people did as well?

What did you honestly expect? They were frozen last year and there's been a VAT increase, I fully expected an increase of about 10%....surely most people did as well?

I excpect us to be in line with our competition (ie) The rest of the league.

I expect to pay what is right for the quality of football we are watching.

That price is a joke to watch the likes of morecambe crawley and acrington etc etc

I guarantee that we will see a decrease of 25% atleast on seaso sales

The final nail in the coffin for me was the complete lack of ambition by the club with the play-offs in reach we had to field teenagers as the board didnt support paul sturrock on the field.

So i wont pay either except at matches of my choosing. Ive missed maybe 5 games this season any way so i'll save money.

I excpect us to be in line with our competition (ie) The rest of the league.

I expect to pay what is right for the quality of football we are watching.

That price is a joke to watch the likes of morecambe crawley and acrington etc etc

I guarantee that we will see a decrease of 25% atleast on seaso sales

The final nail in the coffin for me was the complete lack of ambition by the club with the play-offs in reach we had to field teenagers as the board didnt support paul sturrock on the field.

So i wont pay either except at matches of my choosing. Ive missed maybe 5 games this season any way so i'll save money.

I think a lot of fans will think the same way tommy, however the "pay by 10 instalments" option will help some spread the load.

I think a lot of people will look back over the last 2 seasons and seen the way the club have refused to back the manger at a time when it was obvious the squad was to small/players needed to be rested or paid etc etc etc and basically taken the fans for mugs......Twice bitten 3rd time shy for some and I would say the season ticket sales will fall by at least 25%

I think a lot of fans will think the same way tommy, however the "pay by 10 instalments" option will help some spread the load.

Thats true Ken...I mean they can pay once by direct debit, then cancel it and still use the ticket all season..:winking:

Thats true at a further 9% cost

So last year to pay upfront cost £300

This season with vat and increase in price and spread by instalments you pay £381.50

That my friends is scandelous and must put us at top of the league 2 price table.

And considering we tried sign half the football league and they wouldnt come , then what the **** have we got to look foward to for our £381.50 ticket?

No thanks Ron im afraid i saw you coming way before you saw me this time!

I love this bit Tara added.....

"The more fans who sign up the greater the budget will be available to Paul Sturrock to improve the side and consequently, you would hope greater success will follow."

Ha Ha Ha of course he will....look where the supposed 1.3 million budget has taken us this year.. They really do take fans for mugs at times.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear..... so out of touch with the fan base. The statement says they consulted supporter groups before deciding the prices. Who on earth did they speak to????
The prices are way too high and I reckon it will reduce the number of STH from around 3,300 currently to no more than 2,500 for next season (This will only be held up by the very cheap child offering). As for non STH supporters the price rise from £16 to £19 in advance is an 18.75% increase. If an adult turns up on the day the £21 ticket price will make them think twice.
My only comment is that these prices will be OK if we are up there and challenging for promotion from early on and it seems obvious we have got a team worth supporting. If we look a mid table side I fear these prices will empty the stands very quickly and we''ll be back to where we were with average crowds of just 4,000.
High risk strategy, but that sums up everything to do with the club owner.

Edit.......... Wise Head beat me to it with the increase in Match Day tickets.

Last edited:
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear..... so out of touch with the fan base. The statement says they consulted supporter groups before deciding the prices. Who on earth did they speak to????
The prices are way too high and I reckon it will reduce the number of STH from around 3,300 currently to no more than 2,500 for next season (This will only be held up by the very cheap child offering). As for non STH supporters the price rise from £16 to £19 in advance is an 18.75% increase. If an adult turns up on the day the £21 ticket price will make them think twice.
My only comment is that these prices will be OK if we are up there and challenging for promotion from early on and it seems obvious we have got a team worth supporting. If we look a mid table side I fear these prices will empty the stands very quickly and we''ll be back to where we were with average crowds of just 4,000.

The same group they checked with on the ludicrously late change of kick off time on Saturday probably?

Colchester are not only freezing their prices, but offering a 5% discount for early renewals. Fulham prices start at £329 for an adult.

Last years 300 was at 17.5% Vat so pre vat the price was 255.31

if there was no increase in the season ticket price the VAT rise alone will have put the price up by 6.39 to 306.40

The season ticket has gone up by 30.80 a rise of 14.2% to 291.67 the VAT on the new price means that the VAT has risen from 44.68 to 58.33 (13.65)

Current seats are guaranteed until the end of April and prices will be increasing by a further 45 quid after that.

Last edited:

Crowds will be back to the level when RM took over.
I wonder who they consulted, anyone on here?

So much for us thinking the club would want as many season ticket holders as possible for when we move to our lovely new ground!

And add another 9% on top of the price for doing so? Prob get a loan at a cheaper rate.

I dont know whether I will be bothering next season. Cost, watching a load of dross week in week out coupled with the endless bull from the club is making me consider whether I bother next season. If I decide not to bother that will be 3 less season tickets sold.

To be honest Kay I didn't, I expected them to be frozen at least, and apart of course for the VAT increase. IMO there's absolutely no justification for a 10% increase given the division we are in, and to say that the more sold the higher Sturrock's player budget will be is spurious at best. The season ticket monies collected will go to keep the club afloat during the summer, and the manager will have the square root of sod all to spend on the squad.

Oh dear, might have renewed even if they had tried and failed to make the play offs, as it is now, not going to anymore games this season so my current card has come out on average much more than individual tickets. As for these new prices, don't make me laugh you silly little men!

Last edited:
Back