• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you renew

• Total voters
the club are losing money every week, there are two ways of redeeming that, increase income or cut costs.

The income could be increased by an input of cash, but I don't see anyone rushing to give the club spare dosh, so it has to come from an increase in prices or an increase in sales

The costs could be cut by reducing wages, this has already been done off the fireld, the next option is on the field.

It would appear that the first option is increase prices, I presume in the hope , as Wise head said, that the team will perform well enough to increase sales.

If it doesn't.....

This is exactly what was being pointed out in the many consortium threads a year ago when self sufficiency was mentioned.

What did you honestly expect? They were frozen last year and there's been a VAT increase, I fully expected an increase of about 10%....surely most people did as well?

put season cards up, what a cheek to the season card holder that buys one every year, they should reward the loyal supporter, and they say the money will go on the team to buy players and improve the side, well mr brady that was said last season as well, wont wash this season as ive had enough of the ball that gets said for the last three years, i will not renew mine and still will not if they were £300 as it pays just to pick and choose the games now as half of them end up being on friday or tuesday nights, sorry mr brady but i am not the only one who feels this way and think you are just ron martins voice and that counts for nothing and never has done.

What does regardles of which division mean, youv'e made sure it is League 2!

It would appear that the first option is increase prices, I presume in the hope , as Wise head said, that the team will perform well enough to increase sales.
If it doesn't.....

What between now & the 22nd April before the prices go up again?

the club are losing money every week, there are two ways of redeeming that, increase income or cut costs.

The income could be increased by an input of cash, but I don't see anyone rushing to give the club spare dosh, so it has to come from an increase in prices or an increase in sales

The costs could be cut by reducing wages, this has already been done off the fireld, the next option is on the field.

If it doesn't.....

This is exactly what was being pointed out in the many consortium threads a year ago when self sufficiency was mentioned.

I do not doubt your maths or your reasoning for one second Gary but you fail to take into account the fact the club has ****ed all over the fans for the past 2 seasons at least...there is NO trust whatsoever in RM and his side kicks, people are fed up to the back teeth with lies, spoken bollocks and broken promises.

There is MORE to supporting the Club than just watching a crap team playing crap football and for a huge amount of fans the club as a whole and a respected SUFC hardly exists at all anymore.

£21 for a full price adult ticket for League 2 football is a bitter pill to swallow whichever way you look at it. I can't make it to enough games to justify buying a season ticket but a £3 increase on what were already high prices, combined with a second season in this league is not the best way to get the fans back to Roots Hall.

Having said that, I know we need to either cut costs (and accept what would probably be a worse team on the pitch next year) or increase income but I fear crowds are going to drop even further next year. We had the opportunity to push on this season and Ron/Tara failed to back the manager at the crucial time. Now that the fans are being asked to stump up even more cash next season, I fear many will simply vote with their feet.

Last years 300 was at 15% Vat so pre vat the price was 260.87

if there was no increase in the season ticket price the VAT rise alone will have put the price up by 13.04 to 313.04

The season ticket has gone up by 30.80 a rise of 12% to 291.67 the VAT on the new price means that the VAT has risen from 39.13 to 58.33 (19.20)

Current seats are guaranteed until the end of April and prices will be increasing by a further 20 quid after that.

I think the increase for Adult season tickets is £45 after 22nd April.

£350 to watch dire League Two football all season is a joke. And is it me or have matchday prices also increased, which they fail to mention and only list sneakily at the end? You can get a season ticket cheaper than that at a Bundesliga club in Germany! And how patronising to say this will increase Sturrock's budget so he can improve the squad bla bla bla, yeah pull the other one.

Thats true at a further 9% cost

So last year to pay upfront cost £300

This season with vat and increase in price and spread by instalments you pay £381.50

That my friends is scandelous and must put us at top of the league 2 price table.

And considering we tried sign half the football league and they wouldnt come , then what the **** have we got to look foward to for our £381.50 ticket?

No thanks Ron im afraid i saw you coming way before you saw me this time!

Sorry, but that's poor. Make it a fair comparison. Which is the £50 rise. Comparing last years flat rate with this years rate plus an installment charge, you are merely seeking to make the scandalise the announcement further. Why not say compare last years flat rate plus installments, compared to this years flat rate, I reckon, without doing the maths, the increase would equate to less than one match. But that's not as scandelous, so why would you?

The simple fact is the club is skint. It needs more money. They've put prices up, and as they've mentioned, they've absorbed the VAT increase, when I'm sure they refunded the VAT decrease before that. You might not like Ron Martin, you might think Tara Brady is really a girl. Either way, the club needs our help, or else we will be back in the Courthouse again. If you can't afford it, that's entirely understandable, but otherwise, I can only urge you to support the team and the club, regardless of who is in charge.

Sorry, but that's poor. Make it a fair comparison. Which is the £50 rise. Comparing last years flat rate with this years rate plus an installment charge, you are merely seeking to make the scandalise the announcement further. Why not say compare last years flat rate plus installments, compared to this years flat rate, I reckon, without doing the maths, the increase would equate to less than one match. But that's not as scandelous, so why would you?

The simple fact is the club is skint. It needs more money. They've put prices up, and as they've mentioned, they've absorbed the VAT increase, when I'm sure they refunded the VAT decrease before that. You might not like Ron Martin, you might think Tara Brady is really a girl. Either way, the club needs our help, or else we will be back in the Courthouse again. If you can't afford it, that's entirely understandable, but otherwise, I can only urge you to support the team and the club, regardless of who is in charge.

I think we have helped the club long enough with this bloke in charge as we all love going to football to watch Southend United play. Unfortunately he has got away with too much bull shi t over the years and we can take no more. This statement on price increases is just as bad with the allow Paul to improve the squad rubbish, don't think it is going to wash anymore!

So taking that to its logical conclusion, those of us who are lucky enough to be able to afford it, should donate significantly more? Because we do, of course, know that every penny taken will go straight into team strengthening and be used wisely. You'd never see it squandered on expensive lawyers and administration expenses

I think we have helped the club long enough with this bloke in charge as we all love going to football to watch Southend United play. Unfortunately he has got away with too much bull shi t over the years and we can take no more. This statement on price increases is just as bad with the allow Paul to improve the squad rubbish, don't think it is going to wash anymore!

So you'd rather no club, than a club with RM in charge?

Back