• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you renew

• Total voters
The line by Tara about the playing budget will come back to haunt us as a club. One could argue that this is exactly what RM wants - less support - less funds - no investment - drop down another league. Ron has managed things now what with the recent council support that the revenue generated by the club is irrelevant to his plans. Its all about the land deals always has been always will be. I do believe he originally thought he could deliver both but now only has one priority and that is to get as much financially out of the land deals that he can and provide only what's legally required regarding the football/stadium side of things.

So taking that to its logical conclusion, those of us who are lucky enough to be able to afford it, should donate significantly more? Because we do, of course, know that every penny taken will go straight into team strengthening and be used wisely. You'd never see it squandered on expensive lawyers and administration expenses

Touche. But if you don't give any money, whilst none will go to expensive lawyers and the like, none will go to helping the club either.

So you'd rather no club, than a club with RM in charge?

...obviously not but it is has become a frustrating wind up with him in charge and the other blokes statements are even worse. Would gladly drop down and start again without him as it's gonna end up that way eventually just a little longer as he has zero interest in the football side of things!

The Official Site story states 'Supporters can spread the cost of their Season Card up to a maximum 10 months' but when you download the brochure it states you have to have completed the final payment by the 15th November. Now is that only 8 months?

Great post chadded.

As a business, the company has taken the correct steps in the right order. We've been cutting costs by slashing the wage bill over the summer, minimising staffing levels (to a point where frankly there's not enough people around to do what's needed), we've won marketing awards and maximised the use of government and other external funding to promote the club in the community with an award-winning outreach programme, and we've now had our debts underwritten to the tune of £5m by a major supermarket for a year. The only thing we've not tried (for 4 years) is increasing prices - the only price changes we've had in those four years is a price DROP - a hit the club took BEFORE we had been able to off-load all of the financil liabilities lingering from rosier financial days.

Most businesses that don't put their prices up for 4 years go bang. Yet we, as 'customers' are now asking for the impossible - keep prices the same for a fifth year, AND improve the quality of the product (which, by definition, cannot get any better than League 2 for another year anyway).

Let's be realistsic. Yes, this will mean some can't afford it, but actually we're talking about a hike of 10%. So however many we lose of our season tickets (and that's the moot point - how many seasos will we actually lose) to 'floating voters' who pick and choose their games, the gamble is we make that money back by the single game ticket prices. If ex seaso's go to 2/3 of the games on average, the income to the club remains the same. It actually makes good business sense even if on the face of it it looks like a PR gaffe.

I think its still good value for money if you think about it like me lol

Thats 23 games = 23 days away from the Mrs (would be 48 if we make playoffs)
Thats £15.22 for a get out of seeing the inlaws/DIY card
all in all i say its pretty cheap and if you cant afford it stick it on DD i have done and its like £40odd a month so not much at all

i will renew even if it was £800 a year (but would be pi**ed
UP THE BLUE

Great post chadded.

As a business, the company has taken the correct steps in the right order. We've been cutting costs by slashing the wage bill over the summer, minimising staffing levels (to a point where frankly there's not enough people around to do what's needed), we've won marketing awards and maximised the use of government and other external funding to promote the club in the community with an award-winning outreach programme, and we've now had our debts underwritten to the tune of £5m by a major supermarket for a year. The only thing we've not tried (for 4 years) is increasing prices - the only price changes we've had in those four years is a price DROP - a hit the club took BEFORE we had been able to off-load all of the financil liabilities lingering from rosier financial days.

Most businesses that don't put their prices up for 4 years go bang. Yet we, as 'customers' are now asking for the impossible - keep prices the same for a fifth year, AND improve the quality of the product (which, by definition, cannot get any better than League 2 for another year anyway).

Let's be realistsic. Yes, this will mean some can't afford it, but actually we're talking about a hike of 10%. So however many we lose of our season tickets (and that's the moot point - how many seasos will we actually lose) to 'floating voters' who pick and choose their games, the gamble is we make that money back by the single game ticket prices. If ex seaso's go to 2/3 of the games on average, the income to the club remains the same. It actually makes good business sense even if on the face of it it looks like a PR gaffe.

Have to say I feel the same. It may be a bitter pill to swallow and I'm certainly not ecstatic about paying £50 more, but this was an inevitable course of action given the finance troubles that are currently plaguing the club. Without an influx of investment (which seems as likely as a competent Louie Soares performance at the moment), then we're simply not in a position to drop ticket prices or even freeze them.

Hopefully the ones that moan non stop for 90mins are the ones that don't renew.

Great post chadded.

Well Ron's certainly reeled you in, FISH!

So who will be at the ticket office to renew come Friday...?

Talking of which, I notice that both the last day for "cheap" renewals and the last day in the seat swap window are Bank Holidays. Oversight or done deliberately so punters can get there?

Sorry, but that's poor. Make it a fair comparison. Which is the £50 rise. Comparing last years flat rate with this years rate plus an installment charge, you are merely seeking to make the scandalise the announcement further. Why not say compare last years flat rate plus installments, compared to this years flat rate, I reckon, without doing the maths, the increase would equate to less than one match. But that's not as scandelous, so why would you?

The simple fact is the club is skint. It needs more money. They've put prices up, and as they've mentioned, they've absorbed the VAT increase, when I'm sure they refunded the VAT decrease before that. You might not like Ron Martin, you might think Tara Brady is really a girl. Either way, the club needs our help, or else we will be back in the Courthouse again. If you can't afford it, that's entirely understandable, but otherwise, I can only urge you to support the team and the club, regardless of who is in charge.

Correct!

We all support the team Chadded - we just cannot anymore support those running the club - we have been mis-informed and used too often - monies used for Paul Sturrock to strengthen the squad - does Tara Brady really take us for mugs? This increase is a disgrace - it is solely a tool to drag more coffers into RM's debt ridden company's.

I will always support, but will pick and choose what games I will attend next season.

Oh dear, oh dear,oh dear - think the club maybe shooting themselves in the foot here :thumbdown:

Are they not aware that in the present climate people are fighting for their jobs? Many people will not have pay rises this year and are having to cut back on some luxeries (and yes going to football can be called a luxery), we have all noticed our pay packets getting smaller and we have the increase in NI coming next month, added with this the rise of petrol, food etc people will be looking at where they can make savings and an extra £50 to find is quite an amount. For me personally I purchase 4 tickets so this is £200 extra.

I fully understand what people are saying here especially with regards to no ticket sales - no club but come on do you honestly think that RM has the heart of the club here because if you do then I am afraid you a very deluded, he wants the sale of the ground so he can swan into the sunset, Besides, if ticket sales are slow on the update initially will they then drop the price like last season and those that paid the higher price had to wait months for their refunds. Also, by reduction in gate receipts this has a knock on effect in the tea-bar, programmes etc.

I myself will be thinking very hard about renewing especially when throughout this season there have been promotional games at reduce entry price and I do not feel that a) I get value for my money b) my support/loyality is considered c) am not treated well by the club.

Back