• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
The official word from the club is that we have sold around 3500 odd season cards.

Is this a good number?

I would have thought that somewhere between 4-5k would be a good number given price and the state of roots hall.

What is a nice gesture and also a clever one one that the club tweeted that any further season card sales will include a £10 donation toward the grenfell tower fund. Also all tickets between now and the end of September will include a £1 donation.

Credit to the club for doing this.

I was reading earlier in the week up here that Lincoln have sold over 5000 season tickets so far as they prepare for their first season back in the football league. Pretty impressive considering that at the same point last year they'd only sold 1400.
What the Cowley brothers have done for the club and the city is unbelievable.
I couldn't help feeling a tad bit jealous when Danny Cowley was talking about having agreed fees with two young and hungry players who want to prove themselves.
For me at least, this approach to player recruitment gives supporters far more excitement and expectation when compared to our approach of looking at players like Karl Henry and Anthony Grant who are the wrong side of 30.

Wouldn't surprise me if Cowley brother will be managing their local side, Southend Utd in near future!

Wouldn't surprise me if Cowley brother will be managing their local side, Southend Utd in near future!

I'm not sure that either of them have much time for Southend United.

If they get Lincoln promoted again this season I can see them ending up at a champ side.

To sell that many season cards for league 2 is impressive. Having checked their prices, they aren't that cheap either.

I was reading earlier in the week up here that Lincoln have sold over 5000 season tickets so far as they prepare for their first season back in the football league. Pretty impressive considering that at the same point last year they'd only sold 1400.
What the Cowley brothers have done for the club and the city is unbelievable.
I couldn't help feeling a tad bit jealous when Danny Cowley was talking about having agreed fees with two young and hungry players who want to prove themselves.
For me at least, this approach to player recruitment gives supporters far more excitement and expectation when compared to our approach of looking at players like Karl Henry and Anthony Grant who are the wrong side of 30.

Just goes to show how fickle fans can be!

Yeah it does. I think in every season since PB has been here we have improved not just the squad but also the support.

I'd really like us to push on for an 8k average next year.

Hopefully the club will continue to do the 3 for £60 promotion next season amongst others to keep improving gates.

I wonder if the season cards would be up a bit more if some excitement had been generated on the transfer front?

I wonder if the season cards would be up a bit more if some excitement had been generated on the transfer front?

Very good point... How many season card holders did we have last year? I expect this year to be up on last.

I would expect this to be a slow sales period for season tickets, the offer has run out and the fixtures are due soon.
Some may wait and see if we have some good fixtures at start, xmas and end of season which could make owning a seat a good safety point for ensuring a good seat.
Is there any incentive to buy now or in 5 weeks time?
Looking at the seating map many of the "best" seats have gone and those not yet "taken up" don't become available until 1st July.

A lot of people wait until the fixtures are out, especially if they have a couple of holidays booked. The season before I had a two week holiday booked and missed one game. Last year I had two one week holidays booked and missed four games.

My mate is waiting to see what the fixture list is like, before he can get 3 season tickets, as he booked a holiday in September.

Just a heads up for fellow Zoners...I have bought one for me in the East, and one for my nipper (junior), in the West.

Due to work commitments and travelling time.....is it viable to put up on here when we are not attending and allow others to use ours?

Or, do I ring the club on a match by match basis and they release our seats for general purchase?

Any advice gratefully received :thumbsup:

Just a heads up for fellow Zoners...I have bought one for me in the East, and one for my nipper (junior), in the West.

Due to work commitments and travelling time.....is it viable to put up on here when we are not attending and allow others to use ours?

Or, do I ring the club on a match by match basis and they release our seats for general purchase?

Any advice gratefully received :thumbsup:

I believe that tickets are non-transferable. Therefore resale is illegal, and offering them on a public forum, in that case would be asking for trouble.

Annoying i know. But just tread carefully. :winking:

Back