• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season cards for next season

Renew or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see you are a glass half empty type person.

Many teams have come back much stronger.

Lincoln, Oxford, Orient, Bristol rovers, Doncaster etc etc.

No reason why we cant too.

Supporting Southend isn't easy and never has been but for me personally, I'd still support the club in the Burrough combinations league.
A memory of happier times in my childhood when non league seemed an impossible thought

Attachments

• IMG_20210324_114534_compress49.jpg
    IMG_20210324_114534_compress49.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 74
Very good question. For many it will depend on the price and if you intend to go to every home game.For me me its my home town club and i will renew irrespective of what league we are playing in.Frankly the standard of football at non league is similiar to what has been thrown up this season its been pretty poor standard all season.I am not going to upsticks and support anyone else.I may go and watch other local sides when Southend arent playing which i have done in previous years.

All depends on the price, also bit worried if we go down that Roots Hall won't 'pass' the safety standards.
You seen some of them stadiums in that league Jesus
I tell you if Weymouth can get a safety certificate then will p!!s it

Looks like talk of a take over bid in that article. Can't quite read it all
Unfortunately had to compress the image to get it to download...... Yes it states Frank Walton was leading a group who had made a takeover bid of £50k. However the board were involved with a behind the scenes deal with a mystery buyer(Rubins?) and ignoring them.
The other familiar statement was from Alvin Williams who states we need to bounce back to Div 3 immediately (the same as was said this season, and how he had shored up the defence, but needed a couple of strikers!!! Always remember how my Dad used to curse him after he made the statement when joining stated he was going to get us out of Div3 for the first time in our history .... and ended up getting us relegated.

Depends on the price! It had to be under £350 this season for me to get one. Same applies for next season. Even if it’s £350 I will think carefully about doing it. Glad I didn’t for this season!

I see you are a glass half empty type person.

Many teams have come back much stronger.

Lincoln, Oxford, Orient, Bristol rovers, Doncaster etc etc.

No reason why we cant too.

Supporting Southend isn't easy and never has been but for me personally, I'd still support the club in the Burrough combinations league.

So glad you left them farmhands of that list

The bigger issue for me isn't what division we'll be in but whether we'll be allowed back into the ground.

The season ticket this season was ridiculously poor value: it would have been way cheaper to have purchased individual games passes. The club's made no attempt at ensuring season ticket holders got any value - eg throwing in away games/cup games, a new shirt etc. I know times are tough financially but would it have been that hard to do a little something to say thank you for our support and show we're appreciated? It seems shortsighted when they are going to need our support more than ever in non-league next season.

Why anyone even thought about getting a season ticket this season is beyond me, let alone next season! :Facepalm:

We still have not heard anything regarding next season and I suspect we won’t now until the close of season due to where we will be standing.

We still have not heard anything regarding next season and I suspect we won’t now until the close of season due to where we will be standing.

Probably standing in some tin pot away non league terrace that has a total of 6 steps I would guess.

Why anyone even thought about getting a season ticket this season is beyond me, let alone next season! :Facepalm:
I bought mine in the first 24 hours in case they said only the first 1 000 (or whatever) renewals could come to matches. That plan went well :Winking:. But there is something about that 'East Stand smell' that you get when you walk down the little plastic tunnel that will keep me coming back.

Will definitely renew my season in the East Greens as there is nowhere with such a nightmarish mens toilet facility as in there. It is the sort of challenge that every man and boy should face.

A door that seems to have a hydraulic ram on it coupled with the opportunity to queue up for food at the same time as queuing up for the bog. Can't think of anywhere with a more Covid friendly entrance and exit. Plus a tap that is always running - unlike some of our midfield.

Only at Blues!!

Will definitely renew my season in the East Greens as there is nowhere with such a nightmarish mens toilet facility as in there. It is the sort of challenge that every man and boy should face.

A door that seems to have a hydraulic ram on it coupled with the opportunity to queue up for food at the same time as queuing up for the bog. Can't think of anywhere with a more Covid friendly entrance and exit. Plus a tap that is always running - unlike some of our midfield.

Only at Blues!!
Sorry Jacob, but having sampled the East Stand bogs on rare occasions, and the West Stand bogs on a year in year out basis, your claim is deeply flawed. Nowhere in the footballing world matches up to the state of the West Stand toilets :Winking: , well, maybe the North Stand comes close, but that's for away supporters so it doesn't count. Well done on the Season Card renewal by the way.

Should there be an option to say that you're going to be a glory hunter and watch West ham?

:Fishing::Whistling:

bet chairman ron will charge more than that even if we drop down to national league . mind you a lot of other clubs around in the oldham area .

bet chairman ron will charge more than that even if we drop down to national league . mind you a lot of other clubs around in the oldham area .

They are up against it with so many clubs around them and it is also a big Rugby area too. I was surorised how low their pricing was though, they won’t be able to pay their way on those prices.

Back