• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season Five Review

The General

The Mouse (*)
1. First off, who has been your most influential player?!

Real mix up between Jackman and Titterton here. Probably just about plump for Titterton. A very special player and has scored 6 100's and 3 50+'s which from 14 matches, aint bad at all!! Taken 22 wickets and has an economy of under 4. However you cant look past this record from Jackman:

Bowling O M R W Ave SR Econ Best 5wi
Season 112 18 393 51 7.71 13.18 3.51 8-34 5

2. Who has suprised you the most a) in a positive factor b) negative factor.

a) Hitchman's bowling. For someone who is just mediorce, he is pretty steady week in, week out with the ball.
b) Thompson's bowling. Plain crap. A good bowler and the title would have been mine.

3. Plans for next 4 weeks?

Cry.
laugh.gif
Build upto 100 ITS and looking forward to the 20/20's.

4. Expectations for Seaon 6?

Promotion to Level 3.

5. Players to look out for?

Pete Raven. Upto 13,000 BTR and looking very nice with 3 nets on him.
smile.gif

6. Any other stuff

Lets hope those ITS are useful for once.

1. Most influential - Davenport, a strong/strong batsman who, when promoted to number 4 in the order, has excelled and performed very well, scoring 7 50's and 3 100's. Still has 2 batting nets on him so expecting better things next year.

2. Positive surprise: Clark - An economic bowler who has taken 27 wickets despite only being a respectable/strong. He may have to be replaced soon though.

Negative surprise - Hudson, my quality opener, who has averaged 55 this season but only thanks to a last day 120 not out. He has failed too many times, and should do better being my best batsman.

3. Plans? None. Watch my money grow thanks to interest, and then hope for useful youths from ITS.

4. Next season - I hope that a poor side comes down from III so that I can improve on 4th. Not too hopeful though unless I get some fine trainees which would let me play Granville, who is, incidentally, my player to watch out for

5. Granville. An 18 year old super batsman with strong bowling, he may be vital in my side next season. All depends on how his fitness fairs though.

All in all, pleased with the season as I avoided a play-off and consolidated in IV. Will also benefit from membership gains thanks to consecutive wins at the back end of the season.

1. Who has been your most influential player?!

Pretty easy for me, a one horse race but special mention to Sugden who managed to amass 1212 runs from 16 innings and with 12 not outs with a highest score 183* ends the season with also the best average of 303, making 5 50's and 5 100's. Thinking about training him in wicketkeeping he's woeful at the moment and at only 21 still trainable.

The hero, with 1607 runs from 17 innings with 9 not outs, an average of 200.88 and a high score of 164*, making 3 50's and a huge 9 100's,

Bartlett.

a) No-one really, Bartlett and Sugden carried the team most weeks
b) Special mention from my whole bowling attack here, they have improved, I managed Comp/Comp for my bowling today in the ratings, but are still crap.

Nowt, make money from the 20/20's

4. Expectations for Season 6?

Hopefully push on and to get promoted from this damn division

Gamage and Boateng, if they can ever reach the top level of fitness they'd be dangerous.
Drury only 19 and this time next year will be a wonderful batsmen to shore up the middle order if the big two fail.

6. Any other stuff

Nope, no ITS saved for next season. Decent wicketkeeper needed.

1. Saj without a doubt. His not out in the last innings gave him a league average of 94 which topped the IV.53 list. 6th in the bowling averages too with 21.55, throw the cup games in as well and it's down to 19.41.

2. Positive:
WK Askew proved what an asset concentration can be, despite only being a respectable bat he averaged 69.25 (our second highest!) but more importantly his lowest 'out' score was 21 so he can always be relied upon to add runs.

Negative:
Only one player to mention here! Rod Curtis opened the season with a career average of 109 despite a very tough first season in IV. 4 matches in he had 2 ducks and an average of 6. He managed two centuries but failed to break 50 in any other innings. He'll pop to quality shortly, if he doesn't perform at the start of next season he'll be sold.

3. Nothing specific, would like to do well in the 20/20's but there will be teams out there who've been able to TIE every game and therefore will be very tough to beat. Training is mapped out so just sit and wait.

4. The team relegated from III is all but a bot (they're managed but their best player is about 5,000 BTR!). Will likely make it a two horse race next season, we will play them in Week 2 so it will be pretty clear who's going to win it early on.

5. This should be Sutherland's season. Averaged 50 in his first 5 matches but 17 in his last 6. Also has a knack for taking out the oppostions best batsmen. I'm also hoping Mushtaq can push on after he showed a massive improvement as the season progressed.

6. I desperately need a star batsman. Unfortunately I'm not training anyone who will fit that bill and don't have any money to buy. This could be my downfall next season. I'll have 100 ITS saved, hoping for better than the mediocre rubbish I got this season!

1. Who has been your most influential player?!

No-one really. Although Tselane scored nearly 500 runs, I was expecting a bit more from him

Positive -  Dougie Thackery.

Batting  M  I    R  n.o. Ave     SR     HS  C  st  50s 100s
League 13 13 436  1   32.47  70.14  78  4   0    3    0

The figures don't look anything special but was our most consistent batsman.

Negative

Seamus Oconnor

Bowling  O  M   R   W Ave      SR   Econ  Best 5wi
Season 125 4 642 10 64.20  75.00 5.14  2-19  0

Only 10 wickets all season - absolutely shocking.

Continue with the training plan, try to win a game in the 20/20, maybe try and play a few "control" friendlies. i.e play the same side 3 or 4 times and fiddle about with indvidual orders.

4. Expectations for Season 6?

I've looked at the V that I'm going into, and unless the side being promoted from VI is half-decent, I will walk all over it. So instant promotion back to IV, with lots of new members, a bigger ground and more money.

This year's first year trainee Phillip Evelyn. Scored 344 runs at just under 50 including 3 50's this season, and he'll still be getting 2 batting and 1 w/k net next season, so I expect him to score close on 1,000 runs next year.

6. Any other stuff

Looking at the league in detail, I think I was a bit unlucky to be relegated. Lost both games to the side that finished 5th by 9 and 10 runs respectively, the 1st after needing 75 off of 10 overs with 8 wickets left and the 2nd after needing 15 runs off of 3 overs with 5 wickets left. If you take into account the associated drop in Morale they may wll have cost me another game. Also lost the 1st game of the season to the side that finished bottom after trying to juggle the squad with FC in mind.

Will have 100 ITS at the start of next season, and shall be starting to train an all-rounder. Evelyn, Tselane and Oconnor will continue on their training porgrammes, so hopefully at the start of season 7 I shall be in a far better position than I am now.

1. Its a team game and I wouldn't want any of my players to get big egos.... OK, Daniels and Ramsden had good seasons with the ball and Griffiths and Keigher had good seasons with the ball but no one player dominated.

2. My players all lived up to expectations. If I had to choose Griffiths probably slightly exceeded them considering he's only a superb bat. Flynn's lack of runs for a competent bat was probably the closest I had to anyone disappointing (but he does bat no.8!)

3. Carrying on training plan. Try and win 20:20.

4. More consolidation. I need to find out how to win more games on other surfaces/away from home.

5. Stewart Pembridge might be introduced to the first team, otherwise its same as before. Oh, until I splash the cash on a new player.

6. Most important week for me is wage updates. Wages increase exponentially so I hope to see a number of teams caught out when their over-trained superstar's wages become uneconomical for them. Best case scenario is that the top teams who opted for the two or three man teams over a balanced team will have to sell one of their starmen, and that 5th or 6th division teams won't be able to afford remarkables and above and have to sell to me.

Back