• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well done. A fair assessment and well put together.

Very good read. My only point would be that although those Brown-skeptics among us (not haters as some like to say, we all want him to succeed) would point to his bizarre team selections, his dull style of football and the necessity of replacing two or three players a season that he has fallen out with due to his lack of man-management skills would say that's the main reason for the skepticism, not his media work.

All about opinions though of course!

Very good read. My only point would be that although those Brown-skeptics among us (not haters as some like to say, we all want him to succeed) would point to his bizarre team selections, his dull style of football and the necessity of replacing two or three players a season that he has fallen out with due to his lack of man-management skills would say that's the main reason for the skepticism, not his media work.

Thankfully OBLs name was put forward. Great effort!

Good stuff OBL. If we smash this league and go up as champions you can do it again next season as a lucky mascot! Out of interest, (for me anyway), does anyone read other clubs write ups, I seldom do.

Good stuff OBL. If we smash this league and go up as champions you can do it again next season as a lucky mascot! Out of interest, (for me anyway), does anyone read other clubs write ups, I seldom do.

I tend to read the WSC pre-season preview, it's always good to read about what is going on at other clubs as it gives you perspective.

Thanks for the kind comments, Gerry contacted me today to ask why there was so much traffic to the blog from ShrimperZone! :hilarious:

That would be YOUR view, I was asked for MY view, hence my response! :winking:

Not sure why you've adopted the American for scepticism; adopting American practices rarely works out well !

That apart, I agree entirely. The reasons for wanting Brown to be elsewhere are absolutely nothing to do with his media work. It's what he does when he's back on his day job. In addition to your well documented defects, you might add puzzling substitutions and the inability to change things round when things aren't going to plan.

Well done OBL - good and fair account - done our club proud. Oh but hang on, lets turn this into a anti Brown thread!
OBL was spot on when she said something about moaning before a ball has even been kicked.

NO, we're discussing her blog. She said, categorically, "I know that some supporters don’t have much time for him. They don’t like the amount of time he spends in media work". I wanted to put on record that the reason she had attributed to my dislike was simply not true. The reasons are far more fundamental.

NO, we're discussing her blog. She said, categorically, "I know that some supporters don’t have much time for him. They don’t like the amount of time he spends in media work". I wanted to put on record that the reason she had attributed to my dislike was simply not true. The reasons are far more fundamental.

Hang on, did I name you? There are definitely some people who have issues with his media work, I was pointing out that I disagreed with them!

I felt I had answered some of the questions at length and, whilst I could have gone on about Brown more, I chose not to.

Thanks for the kind comments, Gerry contacted me today to ask why there was so much traffic to the blog from ShrimperZone! :hilarious:

That would be YOUR view, I was asked for MY view, hence my response! :winking:

Quite. I did say it was a good read. :thumbsup:

Did she mention you by name? No she didn't.
Do some go on about Phil Brown in the media? Yes they do.
I might by wrong but I don't think OBL's article was about you.

Quick edit of post as just read OBL's reply above.

And while we're at it, You're not discussing her blog at all - all you're doing is having a pop at Brown which is the point I was making which you have highlighted - thanks!

Did she mention you by name? No she didn't.
Do some go on about Phil Brown in the media? Yes they do.
I might by wrong but I don't think OBL's article was about you.

....... clouds in your coffee ?

Actually, on reflection, I do have a problem with his media work. I'd like him to do it full-time.

Back