• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We finished 7th.....fact
Higher than most predicted.... fact
You don't finish 7th without a good reason

I agree partly but in football especially aims and objectives can be quite fluid...given we missed out on the pmay offs by 1 point I think it's impossible to deny how appalling we were at either end of the season....again definite reasons for over a dozen shocking performances....one point from those games...just one.

Well I'm going to respectfully disagree. Front to back this is a team packed with quality to a degree that I've never seen in my decades supporting this Club. If this team can't compete right at the top of the division then I'm not sure I see the point any more!

Have you actually watched any of the pre-season games?

Playoffs minimum will be the target for PB but unless he's holding out for some quality signings again like last season then I can't see us finishing any higher than 10th in all honesty. Too small a squad with quite a bad injury record. Having 4/5 players out before a ball has even been kicked is never a good sign either.

Agreed, it isn't a good start but we have a good back room team, so I'm confident they'll be back soon.

We will finish higher than we did last season so 6th as a minimum, if we do that then we have improved. We have strengthened our squad, we have not changed it like others.

5th. We always improve under PB.
There is obviously money to spend as it appears that Damien Hirst did the team photo!

Have you actually watched any of the pre-season games?

I watched today.

Had we lost today I would have been on here imploring calm and patience. However we won. Today shows to me that our best team can compete with anyone's. We've a good sub bench too.

Back