• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I for one trust PB to bring in further players he thinks we need as he has much more of an idea on what needs adding to the squad than most.

Have some faith in the club, people! The year Sturrock took over with barely a squad we could have sunk into oblivion but as it turned out our last 3 managers IMO have all done a very good job and we now find ourselves in League 1 with a decent squad.

The season starts tomorrow. These should be good times! :smile:

i would like a work-horse up front, willing to put the shift in to help the other around them. add cover at full back and maybe a wide player and i think we're find though that is assuming that Bentley and Thompson stay

You know we signed Noel Hunt right?

Many on here only see what they want to see which is their choice,however rightly or wrongly I say it as I see it!

Remember it's only an opinion,an opinion which you or any other can ignore,laugh or whatever,still just an opinion though.

Quality not quantity!

Great timing.

MrsB. Nought wrong with having an opinion as you well know. Maybe if you could just let us have yours once, maybe twice. Even just the three times I could live with. Once you get to three, take it as read that we've understood your point.

As for the season and bodies, we have the same debate every year. Those at the top of the game with plenty of cash will get their recruitment done early. For the rest of the world, most ongoing discussions will only conclude at the business end of the window when everyone's options become clear. Without a doubt, we'll be supplementing our squad with loans from higher divisions that will only become clear once squads get settled. I'm more than happy with the nucleus of our side which shows great intent.

How many games has Hunt played this year?

When did he last play a full game?

Did he do well in his pre season with Ipswich? The one that all the experts on here said he was definitely having?

zzz:sad:

Fresh legs needed, apply within.

So true, it's time to stop the rubbish, as I said way back Hunt has NOT played for ages, or had a pre season, well unfit... he won't be able to be a worrier, his games played for a 32 year old are very low, it's tells you a few things.

I do hope brown is not looking at some of the injury prone strikers mentioned, we have one already, the treatment table will be on overload.

fit, runners in the Revell mould.... Someone who works so hard, that's what we need.

Yet Revells goal scoring stats were not good enough to not be abused by the same people on here, including you !!! If you want a person that runs like Revell, that will score 20 goals a year, is below 30 and is not prone to injury, I would suggest you need to watch premier league football because this player that you want, does not exist on a budget of a club like ours ! That's where your argument falls down, you want Lionel Messi on the wages of Jason Williams !

As it stands we are only a injury or two away (especially up top) from being in a bit of trouble selection wise. That being said I think its a certainty that we will get another three in before the window shuts. IF we don't then I think we will struggle.

I doubt any of these 'previewers' have any actual knowledge of Southend United and where we match up against 23 other sides who they also don't know anything about.

Great timing.

MrsB. Nought wrong with having an opinion as you well know. Maybe if you could just let us have yours once, maybe twice. Even just the three times I could live with. Once you get to three, take it as read that we've understood your point.

As for the season and bodies, we have the same debate every year. Those at the top of the game with plenty of cash will get their recruitment done early. For the rest of the world, most ongoing discussions will only conclude at the business end of the window when everyone's options become clear. Without a doubt, we'll be supplementing our squad with loans from higher divisions that will only become clear once squads get settled. I'm more than happy with the nucleus of our side which shows great intent.

Very true,

Hence why I have left the TTS debate .

Yet Revells goal scoring stats were not good enough to not be abused by the same people on here, including you !!! If you want a person that runs like Revell, that will score 20 goals a year, is below 30 and is not prone to injury, I would suggest you need to watch premier league football because this player that you want, does not exist on a budget of a club like ours ! That's where your argument falls down, you want Lionel Messi on the wages of Jason Williams !

Who asked for 20 goals? I asked for none. I asked for a person who works like him, our other stiker can get the goals... I never disliked Revell?

Who asked for 20 goals? I asked for none. I asked for a person who works like him, our other stiker can get the goals... I never disliked Revell?

Revell was imo excellent up top,he constantly worked the centre backs and chased lost causes.

Revell was imo excellent up top,he constantly worked the centre backs and chased lost causes.

Yes it's why we will have problems with,

How many games has Hunt played this year?

When did he last play a full game?

Did he do well in his pre season with Ipswich? The one that all the experts on here said he was definitely having?

zzz
Sad%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

Fresh legs needed, apply within.

As you know....

We need to get a point at Fleetwood and beat Walsall at home because the following four matches versus Doncaster, Swindon, Coventry and Peterborough will be tough.

Mind you, there will be many tough games this season.......

Nonetheless I think we'll finish 17th or 18th.

I'm really hoping Hunt scores on Saturday just to shut Kev and MrsBlues up.

don't get the pessimism, I honestly have no fear of relegation with the side we have and we know we will strengthen too. As long as we keep Phil and there are no major off the field problems I think we'll be safely mid table or better. Every signing we have made has been of good quality, I think we will enjoy this season

We have a player who has not played since February,Mooney requires somebody to set him up,we have possibly 3 who IMO are not league one standard,we have Bents who may or may not go.

You say retained 95% of the squad,oh yes the same squad who spluttered all season and only became galvanised when Adam joined,the same squad who were 20 seconds away from still playing league 2!

The same squad who got promoted.

Fact.

[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Shrimper
I'm really hoping Hunt scores on Saturday just to shut Kev and MrsBlues up.

I hope Noel scores plenty and features in most of the games !

Oh dear, they just don't get it Mrs Blue, do they... I feel the same....

I agree we need more strikers and I'm sure Phil will get some more loanees in.

The When Saturday Comes preview has us down for 20th which I'd gladly take. Last time we came up to this level we overachieved and won the division! This time I hope we just consolidate in mid table.

One downer is this division is so northern dominated it is effectively Division Three (North). We'll have a lot of long away trips, although with our amazing away following I'm hopeful they will be fruitful.

No pessimism from me. I remember thinking last season that we wouldn't have a crack at promotion and look where we are now. Yes its not ideal going into tomorrows game without the signings, but we need the signings for the rest of the season - not just tomorrows game :-)

Back