• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season suspended again?

I think that's it until mid Feb at least then, isn't it?
No your completely wrong the season wont be suspended as the premier league have already said they wont! And why does the season need suspending? Teams up and down the country will always have players testing positive for covid! Play the fit ones fo the test and the show goes on! Another negative person!

No your completely wrong the season wont be suspended as the premier league have already said they wont! And why does the season need suspending? Teams up and down the country will always have players testing positive for covid! Play the fit ones fo the test and the show goes on! Another negative person!

Steve , you are the Boris of SZ !

Priceless.

Why not read on a few posts before posting? I misheard the bloke who was on Sky news after Boris.

The real question we need to be concerned about is whether the national league will finish, some clubs still have 10 games to go until halfway so they are more likely to not finish.

From what I've heard the EFL and PL are discussing suspending the season for 2 weeks.

That doesn't mean it will happen, but apparently they're discussing it.

I expect there will be some disruption with games being called off due to a combination of covid and weather.

I can't see how a 2 week break would help as the wider situation is not going to get better any time soon, but i can see the season possibly being extended to accommodate a fixture backlog. I expect that the EFL will do everything to make sure that the season is finished this time round.

I think it could happen. As they said on BBC commentary yesterday on points per game we will be out of the relegation zone. I can't remember now but I assume that's how the season ended last year, I don't see that changing if it were.

Grimsby next weekend, let's carry on adding to that points tally while we can. COYB!

I think it could happen. As they said on BBC commentary yesterday on points per game we will be out of the relegation zone. I can't remember now but I assume that's how the season ended last year, I don't see that changing if it were.

Grimsby next weekend, let's carry on adding to that points tally while we can. COYB!
There is more chance of returning to roots hall In February then ppg.

As they said on BBC commentary yesterday on points per game we will be out of the relegation zone.
This makes no sense. What time frame is it referring to? Right now we're 23rd on PPG, Barrow are 0.004329 ahead of us ((20/22)-(19/21)), we would be relegated right now.

PPG to determine relegation and promotion would not happen at this still early stage of the season. For goodness sake we haven't even played half a season yet. In fact I would be amazed if it happened at all. A two or three week break is more likely but even that is not guaranteed.

Reactions: fbm
PPG to determine relegation and promotion would not happen at this still early stage of the season. For goodness sake we haven't even played half a season yet. In fact I would be amazed if it happened at all. A two or three week break is more likely but even that is not guaranteed.

I don't agree, Ministers from both parties are calling for tighter restrictions these last few days. This next week will be crucial, if the infection rate doesn't go down and the death rate at least halfs, then I can see football cancalled, it's a luxury we can't afford right now.

I don't agree, Ministers from both parties are calling for tighter restrictions these last few days. This next week will be crucial, if the infection rate doesn't go down and the death rate at least halfs, then I can see football cancalled, it's a luxury we can't afford right now.
Well the death rate is lagged up to two weeks after the cases, so I reckon the number of deaths will not drop probably until the end of January. A combination of lockdown and vaccine uptake should then see a significant decline in mortality. It would make no sense at all to then have no football during the spring months of March, April and May. No, a circuit break makes far more sense.

Perhaps to use as some sort of trial for a mid winter break under the cover of Covid. It’s something that has been muted for years.
The Premier League already did a winter break last season (although it turned out to be pointless given the season got postponed a few weeks later), one was scheduled for this season as well but was cancelled due to the season starting late, why would they need to secretly trial something they've already implemented?

Back