• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season suspended again?

One thing that will help football to continue is if all clubs insist that celebrating a goal should NOT involve hugging or any other physical contact. Non football fans are continually complaining about this as they see it constantly on TV and rightly comment that it is against social distancing rules. This is the sort of thing that could change the mind of Government ministers and lead to a halt of elite football. The clubs really need to address this.

What purpose would that serve? It's a contact sport, they are touching each other anyway in training and in matches.

I agree we could do without managers hugging and slapping each other on the back before and after every game, but come on, you can't stop players celebrating. Surely they would've all tested negative before playing anyway.

What purpose would that serve? It's a contact sport, they are touching each other anyway in training and in matches.

I agree we could do without managers hugging and slapping each other on the back before and after every game, but come on, you can't stop players celebrating. Surely they would've all tested negative before playing anyway.

Yes, but it is what the non football public are seeing and that has an impact on government thinking.

If you can stop a son or daughter cuddling mum at their dads funeral then why is football even being played?.....I already know the answer but do you lot.

If you can stop a son or daughter cuddling mum at their dads funeral then why is football even being played?.....I already know the answer but do you lot.
My, you have a way with words, Riggers! BTW, don't forget the question mark next time.
Jai and post #77 has already supplied the answer, unless you have a different one?

The difference is though, during the game (and training) contact is fairly minimal and only for a very short period. Hugging etc is a lot more close contact and for longer.

However, I don't believe it makes that much difference, but what hasn't helped over the weekend is shots of players all huddled together celebrating, and fans lining the streets in large numbers - that type of thing could lead to football being halted.

Back