• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

south247

Coach⭐
Anyone else have to give up their season tickets for a nice scrap of paper today?

What a farce. What is betting it is not sorted out for the next home game? They have had my money for more than 3 months and still can't sort this out. It is basically shoddy and unprofessional but sums up a Southend fan's lot at the moment.

Was just going to start my own thread so Ill just paste what I had typed up instead of editing :smile:

Anyone else have a non-working season ticket taken off them today?

I went through no problem but young un's card still don't work, despite stating at the Accrington game they would be fixed by today. Teething troubles I can understand, but the complete **** of a steward at the South Upper today riled me no end.

He snatched the card out of her hand saying 'I have to take that & this bit of paper explains what's going to happen'. Now whoever at the club thought that this was the way to deal the issue really needs to think a tad deeper, but if your going to treat paying customers this way, at least use people with the tiniest amount of people skills & not the neanderthal I encountered today.

And did the club really think a pathetic bit of paper saying they will fix it by the next game would pass as a receipt for the card they've taken? Experience has taught me never give over anything Ive paid for without getting a receipt in return, but neanderthal thinks writing a 'x' & putting the seat number will do. I know it's the club's **** up & he acting upon instruction, but he should realise a clipboard & a flourescent vest dont give you the right to talk to people like ****.

Still least we won UTB :)

are you new season ticket holders I ask only that this seems to happen every year and is not really anything new? And as they haven't managed to sort it now for at least 5 seasons i doubt they will get it sorted now however strong your protestations maybe, just lets be thankful we have at last got 3 points under our belts and accept that things ain't as they should be re season tickets but as they have probably told you it will be sorted and next year you can gloat if it doesn't happen to you

As I said it's not the fact that it doesn't work, it's Southend after all, it's the prat at the turnstile & the way he handled it & when he's supervisor turned up he wasn't much better either.

I dont see the big deal myself. Been a season ticket holder for over 10 years. They took mine today as it didnt work. Still got to see all the game and dont expect to miss anything in the future when its replaced

I agree with all comments made so far. What irks me the most is this is just systematic about how unprofessional the club is. For instance, even the ticket line recorded message - it is 4 seasons old advertising a home game against Millwall. Maybe I am expecting too much.

Don't wanna have a go or anything!

But we've just won a game, it is a bit annoying that sometimes the seaso cards don't work! But do we really have to moan about that?

Maybe it's a good sign, maybe nothing to moan about today on the football side of things!

Don't think I'm having a pop or anything! Just made me smile a bit that there always has to be a moan about something!

But yes seaso card system is annoying at times! Bring back the old ticket based season card! Technology aye? Great when it works...

But we've just won a game, it is a bit annoying that sometimes the seaso cards don't work! But do we really have to moan about that?

Maybe it's a good sign, maybe nothing to moan about today on the football side of things!

Don't think I'm having a pop or anything! Just made me smile a bit that there always has to be a moan about something!

But yes seaso card system is annoying at times! Bring back the old ticket based season card! Technology aye? Great when it works...

I'll just recap some bullet points from my two posts :smile:

As I said it's not the fact that it doesn't work, it's Southend after all, it's the prat at the turnstile & the way he handled it

Still least we won UTB :)

Took mine and wife's season ticket. I had to ask what was going to happen now as no explanation seemed to be forthcoming. As previously mentioned it's so unprofessional. When they did not work at the Accrington game, I was told it would be sorted by today. Been a season ticket for the past 6 years and they never seem to work for the first game.

clap clap well said

I loved them old season tickets. Get one ripped off every week then at the end of the season you can keep it as a memory.

I think that this is something that Trueblue should sort out as he seems to have friends in high places at RH.:thumbsup:

Back