• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mgh

PL Cup Winner 2014
Comparison on the BBC website today on the cost of going to games. It also lists cheapest and most expensive season ticket prices.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29527838
The cheapest Southend season ticket is more expensive than any other team in League Two...and League One... and half the Championship... and even a few Prem teams! However as we only have one price the most expensive is way cheaper than lots of other teams.

South Essex is a relatively affluent area so have we got out prices right, or too high?

Last edited:
As you say the issue with our pricing is we dont have a cheap option.

Our prices if you compare main stands is fairly competitive and the family enclosure offers very good deals.

However other clubs have terracing which means they offer cheaper tickets for those areas.

Personally think we should offer cheaper season tickets for the South Lower to give people that option.

Good point Jam, South lower is almost a restricted view.
It is a real shame that it can not be turned back to standing.

One good think about Southend prices are that senior concessions start at 60 and not 65 like many/most clubs. As a season ticket holder it is about £150 cheaper so over the five years I will save about £750.

One good think about Southend prices are that senior concessions start at 60 and not 65 like many/most clubs. As a season ticket holder it is about £150 cheaper so over the five years I will save about £750.

Agree with this.

Even for an occasional visitor like myself, (these days),the concessions are a fantastic deal,certainly compared with what I pay at Fulham or Espanyol (where there are- as DODTS says-no concessions until 65).

Wembley tickets, at half-price for senior concessions, were a bargain for example.

Bit misleading comparing us to a premier league club in Manchester, compare us to the London clubs would be a better indication

Also we give some form of concession up until the end of the season in which a youngster turns 21 with the young persons concession which I know has been a big help in enabling both my sons to remain regular supporters through their early working years when their wages have been low, a time when there are many other competing attractions for their hard earned. :thumbsup:

That pricing guide also takes into account match programmes, pies and tea prices. For me, it ain't the price but the product. Why does football food continue to be insipid and uninventive, and the programme just one big PR exercise?
It was the reason fanzines took off in the first place.

As you say the issue with our pricing is we dont have a cheap option.

Our prices if you compare main stands is fairly competitive and the family enclosure offers very good deals.

However other clubs have terracing which means they offer cheaper tickets for those areas.

Personally think we should offer cheaper season tickets for the South Lower to give people that option.

The guide is inaccurate, we do have a cheaper option- South Lower. For example an adult ticket in South Lower is £15.00. Its not advertised on the website as far as I can see, but its in plain view on the online ticketing. As you say we don't AFAIK offer South Lower season tickets at a discounted price

The guide is inaccurate, we do have a cheaper option- South Lower. For example an adult ticket in South Lower is £15.00. Its not advertised on the website as far as I can see, but its in plain view on the online ticketing. As you say we don't AFAIK offer South Lower season tickets at a discounted price

Indeed.

I'm not sure what that is about in the South Lower, is it deemed to be a family enclosure as it is the same price?

Why not make it official and a season ticket option if so, we instantly come well down in these charts, which are pretty misleading to start with.

Indeed.

I'm not sure what that is about in the South Lower, is it deemed to be a family enclosure as it is the same price?

Why not make it official and a season ticket option if so, we instantly come well down in these charts, which are pretty misleading to start with.

What's misleading about them ? They state "cheapest" / "most expensive".

What's misleading about them ? They state "cheapest" / "most expensive".

Whats misleading is to say we are the most expensive when actually like for like our prices arent always so.

Other clubs have terraces so offer cheap tickets, yet sit in their main stand and it may well be the same, or even more than us.

The South Lower has never been standing.

Not wanting to be a pedant and you are correct in saying the South Lower has never been standing, but in it's previous guise as the South Stand, it was just standing. I know it's not the same, but the concrete steps etc that are there now were there before the second tier was built so technically that area was standing once upon a time.

I think it would be much better if they took away the seats in south lower and made it standing.
It would make the tickets cheaper,

you might actually see better,

and it would probably create a better atmosphere.
It's not like it would cost much money to do because they wouldn't need stewards or policing because away fans are on the opposite side of the ground.

Regardless of this idea, south lower should have season tickets at a reduced price and so should some seats in the west with restricted view, i.e. posts and ladders in your view.

Not wanting to be a pedant and you are correct in saying the South Lower has never been standing, but in it's previous guise as the South Stand, it was just standing. I know it's not the same, but the concrete steps etc that are there now were there before the second tier was built so technically that area was standing once upon a time.

My mistake. I didn't realise the south stand was built in top of the old terracing. I assumed it had been demolished , I thought the old south bank was a lot steeper than it is now. Must have seemed that way to my little legs back then...

Back