• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Paul Shrimper

Youth Team
Anybody been lucky enough to have their refund made as yet?

Promised before the start of the season. Then told by SUFC web site it would start from 4th August. Then told by ticket office it would start on the 11th August.

Come on RM you have defended yourself on the web site via a club statement how about making a truthful and honest statement about when the supporters can expect their refunds and why it has takeb so long.

He even had the audacity to tell the Court that all debts had been paid. Try telling Tilley and Brush that one.

How can anybody take this guy seriously when he tell one fib after another.

Fortunately, like myself, most supporters have been around far longer than RM at SUFC and will hopefully be around long after he has left the club.

Up The Shrimpers

UTB

You need to get yesterday's Echo. It was the main story on the back page, and carried on inside the back page. The club have responded. A spokesman said that it is being processed in alphabetical order, and the first cheques will be sent out by the end of the week.
The bad news is, this is the same promise that was made about 3 weeks ago, and in the mean time their has been different promises made by ticket staff to supporters. So we shall wait and see.
The ShrimpersTrust was promised on the 4th August after the court case, that they will be paid the 60K by the 18th August. Predictably, they are still waiting, Nine days late and counting.

Trust Statement - 4th August 2010
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shrimpers Trust Vice-Chairman Bryan Woodford was in attendance at the High Court on Monday to view proceedings in the dispute between Southend United FC and Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC).

The Trust are pleased that the petition requesting the placement of the club into administration was dropped by HMRC. Also, the news that the High Court was satisfied Southend United’s existing debts were settled and acceptance that future payments would be made on time is a further positive development.

Additionally, the Football Club have assured the Shrimpers Trust that the delayed repayment of a £60,000 loan from the organisation will be made within the next fortnight. We will issue a further statement in due course.

Last edited:
The sooner fossetts is built and teffron makes his money the better. Then maybe he will sell the club

I think I am one of the lucky few that has got my refund this week. The only reason why this happened though was because i pushed and pushed for it. I didn't get a cheque through the post, I got them to put the money straight back onto my card.
All you have to do is go down to the ticket office with your new season card, tell them to cancel the cheque they have issued to you and hand the your season card and the the debit or credit card you want the refund put back onto. The whole process takes less than a minute...

The ShrimpersTrust was promised on the 4th August after the court case, that they will be paid the 60K by the 18th August. Predictably, they are still waiting, Nine days late and counting.
In the liaision minutes of the 21st July that nice Geoffrey bloke said they should get it by the 15th August because everything "had been completed". Strange they were still chasing round on the 2nd August then!

GK said that formalities with Sainsbury had been completed and they would provide the club with sufficient funds to repay all outstanding debts and some operational liquidity. This would be of paramount importance when presenting the club’s case at the HMRC Court case on 2nd August, when evidence of ongoing solvency must be given. The Trust should receive full repayment of its £60k loan by 15th August.

I think rather than a Trust Race Night they should arrange a special edition of "Would I Lie To You" with Ron & Geoff as team captains (of teams of 1 of course). Although, to be fair the BBC describes the programme as "Comedy panel show where contestants have to bluff about their deepest secrets" and let face it none of this is funny nor is any of it really a secret as we expect them to lie through their teeth at any available opportunity.

whats the Odds the club will say 'you can have the money off when you buy next season's ticket instead' ?

Just goes to show how skint Martin is. He is involved in a multi-million pound stadium/retail/leisure project yet cannot find money to pay the supporters (his main customers) and the Shrimpers Trust.
It is truly as worrying as ever.
Martin out!!

I think I am one of the lucky few that has got my refund this week. The only reason why this happened though was because i pushed and pushed for it. I didn't get a cheque through the post, I got them to put the money straight back onto my card.
All you have to do is go down to the ticket office with your new season card, tell them to cancel the cheque they have issued to you and hand the your season card and the the debit or credit card you want the refund put back onto. The whole process takes less than a minute...

Welcome to the board mate, and a great first post. Hopefully others waiting refunds can take the same course of action as you.

In the liaision minutes of the 21st July that nice Geoffrey bloke said they should get it by the 15th August because everything "had been completed". Strange they were still chasing round on the 2nd August then!

GK said that formalities with Sainsbury had been completed and they would provide the club with sufficient funds to repay all outstanding debts and some operational liquidity. This would be of paramount importance when presenting the club’s case at the HMRC Court case on 2nd August, when evidence of ongoing solvency must be given. The Trust should receive full repayment of its £60k loan by 15th August.

I think rather than a Trust Race Night they should arrange a special edition of "Would I Lie To You" with Ron & Geoff as team captains (of teams of 1 of course). Although, to be fair the BBC describes the programme as "Comedy panel show where contestants have to bluff about their deepest secrets" and let face it none of this is funny nor is any of it really a secret as we expect them to lie through their teeth at any available opportunity.

Or they could do ''Call My Bluff''. Anyway Hooly, I thought this was a cracking idea and put it to Ron and
Geoff. 'Good news', they've just got back to me and said they would be delighted to do this for the ShrimpersTrust, as long as they don't mind paying a small appearance fee of 30K to Ron(Geoff's agent) and 30K to Geoff(Ron's agent).

Still not got my/our refund(s). So at the moment we are paying league one prices to watch league two football. Have asked (and been assured of a date of re-payment) three times now, and still no refund. Obviously being lied to, but what can you do, other than issue a small claim against the club (which I wouldn't do). Would rather have been told that I wasn't gonna get the refund and could have put the matter to bed. But instead I am now getting really fed up with the whole issue. I WILL RENEW MY SEASON TICKET NEXT YEAR, BUT NOT UNTIL THE VERY LAST MINUTE. So Mr Martin you can forget about getting any early revenue streams next year, you have totally lost my trust and I am sure that of a few others.

I think this is a typical example of how the club is run these days.....those that can put us out of business get paid at the last minute..those that cannot..get paid on the basis of who shouts loudest and becomes a pain in the arse.

Let's be honest here the only ones, or lets say the majority that have received payment of anything owed seems to be those that have gone through legal channels.

If he can't afford to pay back this dosh why did he reduce the cost in the first place by an extra 10% following relegation?

Also, would those who bought their tickets in the World Cup promotion have got their full £380 back by now had England actually gone on to win the World Cup???

I was promised an immediate refund back in July if I confirmed my card number I did but guess what no refund. I e mailed agin last week giving 7 days or legal action guess what no contact I have now e mailed with a final time extension saying I want money refunded by next Tuesday or I start legal action to claim it back.
I am very sceptical about ever seeing it again!

I have to say that all this "where is my money?" is really starting to get on my wick!!

We expected the players, Tilly and Brush to keep on fighting for the cause when they were not being paid (despite promises) and now because we have not had our 80 quid (!) refunded yet (despite promises) we are jumping up and down spouting legal action, not renewing again, Martin out etc ! I would rather the club kept my refund if it helped.

Gents, the money is obviously still tight...do you really think that the Club would not pay us if they could?

Feel better for that, going to listen us to us beating Bradford now.

I have to say that all this "where is my money?" is really starting to get on my wick!!

We expected the players, Tilly and Brush to keep on fighting for the cause when they were not being paid (despite promises) and now because we have not had our 80 quid (!) refunded yet (despite promises) we are jumping up and down spouting legal action, not renewing again, Martin out etc ! I would rather the club kept my refund if it helped.

Gents, the money is obviously still tight...do you really think that the Club would not pay us if they could?

Feel better for that, going to listen us to us beating Bradford now.

I admire your stance, and understand the way you see it. But I'm sure the club can pay. There's the 5. something Million Sainsbury's loan. The Bailey and the Hooper money. Even with what they had to pay out, that should leave more than plenty to pay Tilly, the fans, and the Trust. It's not just the delay that's winding people up, it's the way fans have to keep phoning up, waiting in line, only to be given another lie, promise or false hope. It's the way the club now handles things. Fans queueing up at 2.20 and getting in the ground after 3.10. Their becoming a joke. Like I said before, the Trust is now 9 days late receiving their money back as promised. Do you want your club to treat people this way?, Because I don't.

I was promised an immediate refund back in July if I confirmed my card number I did but guess what no refund. I e mailed agin last week giving 7 days or legal action guess what no contact I have now e mailed with a final time extension saying I want money refunded by next Tuesday or I start legal action to claim it back.
I am very sceptical about ever seeing it again!

Issue a winding up order, that seems to work for most people owed money by the club. ;)

When I bought my ticket I didn't budget to get the £80 back, so I see it as when I get it it's a bonus. I see a difference if someone had taken £80 I felt I could not part with at that time. At one stage this summer I had doubts about whether I would get anything from the whole of the £380.

I would like it now, of course I would - and it's good to see some cheques on their way. Truth be told though, if I didn't get it by next April it's just £80 from next years ticket as I'd be sure to get it back then

Back