• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Robbo

South Upper miserabilist
I've given up the three season tickets that I have in the South Lower for me and my two sons for next season. Instead we're moving to East Reds. There are several reasons for this - poor view, too many bored kids dragged along by parents, etc - but one thing that hasn't bothered me is the fact that some fans, or so we have been told, have been "abusing" the club by having season tickets in this area solely to benefit from cheaper prices.

I've been to seventeen of the home games in L1 this season so far and the South Lower has never been 100% full. Yes, there are always some adults who seem to have "lost" their kids but is it really such a big deal? When my youngest boy who is only 4 has not been able to come I have brought one of my mates along - a Gooner, God forbid - who is now really up for watching his local team and could be a potential season ticket holder for the future. But at the Walsall game we were pulled over at the turnstiles and made to feel like naughty little kids by an over-zealous steward. My point is, if new fans are being introduced to the joys of football at Roots Hall, is it really such a big deal if season tickets are occasionally misused by their holders?

I've given up the three season tickets that I have in the South Lower for me and my two sons for next season. Instead we're moving to East Reds. There are several reasons for this - poor view, too many bored kids dragged along by parents, etc - but one thing that hasn't bothered me is the fact that some fans, or so we have been told, have been "abusing" the club by having season tickets in this area solely to benefit from cheaper prices.

I've been to seventeen of the home games in L1 this season so far and the South Lower has never been 100% full. Yes, there are always some adults who seem to have "lost" their kids but is it really such a big deal? When my youngest boy who is only 4 has not been able to come I have brought one of my mates along - a Gooner, God forbid - who is now really up for watching his local team and could be a potential season ticket holder for the future. But at the Walsall game we were pulled over at the turnstiles and made to feel like naughty little kids by an over-zealous steward. My point is, if new fans are being introduced to the joys of football at Roots Hall, is it really such a big deal if season tickets are occasionally misused by their holders?

If your kids season ticket works out about £40 and Mr. Gooner is occassionally using it when he should be paying about half that for a single match I can see their point.

Presumably you are paying up considerably to move? I pay £190 for my son to sit in the middle of the West Stand when I could have got him a ticket for £40 in the family section. He misses a few matches on school nights, I leave his seat empty.

£620 as opposed to £440, I think. I certainly don't begrudge the money at all - I've even bought shares in the recents new shares option. I just think that maybe the stewards could cut us fans a bit of slack at this stage in the season.

My point is, if new fans are being introduced to the joys of football at Roots Hall, is it really such a big deal if season tickets are occasionally misused by their holders?

There has to be a line otherwise people will abuse it and how do you ensure its 'occasional'.

I dont see a problem taking someone else if the ST holder cant make it but if you want to take an adult they should pay adult prices, even if it was the difference between the two.

In fairness, ST card regs do quite clearly state that they are "non transferable" so you shouldn't really be using a child ticket for an adult. Having said that, we do use one of our adult ones for others if they can't come but not the child ones. The light on the turnstile shows up a different colour so the stewards can see if it's an adult or child ticket.

?

May i be the first to Welcome u to the East Reds Yellows and Blue section

I will Apologise in advance as Trueblue sometimes takes it top off and your two sons may get traumatised:stunned: at first

May i be the first to Welcome u to the East Reds Yellows and Blue section

I will Apologise in advance as Trueblue sometimes takes it top off and your two sons may get traumatised:stunned: at first

Thanks for the warning!
icon9.gif

In fairness, ST card regs do quite clearly state that they are "non transferable" so you shouldn't really be using a child ticket for an adult. Having said that, we do use one of our adult ones for others if they can't come but not the child ones. The light on the turnstile shows up a different colour so the stewards can see if it's an adult or child ticket.

Think its one thing if your using a child ticket for an adult but something totally different if your taking a child in for an adult.

Back