• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperhosk

First XI
Well for me and 2 mates we enjoy our home football from AM to PM we have a great time making a full day of it with stop to the cafe followed by a few hours in the pub then hit the betting shop, match then home (or pub) we was discussing the increase and i feel more for the guys/dolls who take the whole family to watch us as im young & dont have kids im on a pretty decent wage and have a nice house/car im not rich but im not poor the way i look at it (i put this in another article but was a very busy post)

23 games = 23 days away from the Mrs (would be 48 if we make playoffs)
That’s £15.22 for a get out of seeing the In-laws/DIY card
all in all i say its pretty cheap and if you cant afford it stick it on DD i have done and its like £40odd a month so not much at all

i can appreciate different people have different budgets and I’m sure if i had 2 or 3 kids to take then i to would be moaning.

Whats your view people? (please try not making this a Club Bashing post more a i cant/won’t renew because .....)

Well if I take the Missus to the Cinema or Bowling or a meal then you are looking at a lot more than £22 and all will last about 2 hrs odd , so i suppose in that resepect its not bad value ......thing with me is that if we lose and more importantly we play poorly and show no fight or passion then I stay on a downer for the rest of the day ...........something that Bowling , Cinema , meal etc doesn;t do for me !!!

Well if I take the Missus to the Cinema or Bowling or a meal then you are looking at a lot more than £22 and all will last about 2 hrs odd , so i suppose in that resepect its not bad value ......thing with me is that if we lose and more importantly we play poorly and show no fight or passion then I stay on a downer for the rest of the day ...........something that Bowling , Cinema , meal etc doesn;t do for me !!!

This season there's not many times we've shown a lack of fight or passion. The ability has been missing at times with such a small squad, but I continue to support as you can see the players are trying (even after if reports are true, not being paid). I like this group of players, and with the right summer editions next season will be well worth the money.

This season there's not many times we've shown a lack of fight or passion. The ability has been missing at times with such a small squad, but I continue to support as you can see the players are trying (even after if reports are true, not being paid). I like this group of players, and with the right summer editions next season will be well worth the money.

I like your optimism

Well for me and 2 mates we enjoy our home football from AM to PM we have a great time making a full day of it with stop to the cafe followed by a few hours in the pub then hit the betting shop, match then home (or pub) we was discussing the increase and i feel more for the guys/dolls who take the whole family to watch us as im young & dont have kids im on a pretty decent wage and have a nice house/car im not rich but im not poor the way i look at it (i put this in another article but was a very busy post)

23 games = 23 days away from the Mrs (would be 48 if we make playoffs)
That’s £15.22 for a get out of seeing the In-laws/DIY card
all in all i say its pretty cheap and if you cant afford it stick it on DD i have done and its like £40odd a month so not much at all

i can appreciate different people have different budgets and I’m sure if i had 2 or 3 kids to take then i to would be moaning.

Whats your view people? (please try not making this a Club Bashing post more a i cant/won’t renew because .....)

Seems to me your main argument is that it is not too much for a reasonably well off person to pay to get to do other things before or after the game and get out of doing things you don't want to do.

The majority actually just come to the game (possibly with the very people you're trying to get away from!), watch the game and go home. They are the ones who are going to have to decide whether the football, such as it is, is worth what is being asked.

Seems to me your main argument is that it is not too much for a reasonably well off person to pay to get to do other things before or after the game and get out of doing things you don't want to do.

The majority actually just come to the game (possibly with the very people you're trying to get away from!), watch the game and go home. They are the ones who are going to have to decide whether the football, such as it is, is worth what is being asked.

Not at all i just live to my means so i dont overspend and can afford to enjoy the day my pals dont have much money but all in all a saturday would cost (including ticket) about £25-£30 now i have spent more in petrol driving round picking things up for DIY

Back