• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Westcliff Shrimper

Director of Footballs⭐
Saturday morning I pitched up at the Home of Football to renew my "Season Card" to take advantage of the Early Bird Discount.

So, being the organised so and so I am, I had the form filled out correctly, and had a cheque made payable to the club for the £380 price. I then waited for an hour and a half
wow.gif
in the queue, to spend thirty seconds handing over said cheque and form. The reason it didn't take so long? The club will (quite correctly in my opinion) simply update my Season Card with next season's fixtures - hence Bob's your Auntie's live-in-lover.

The moral of this story? If you are simply renewing your Season Card, and aren't paying by Credit Card - post the renewal form and your cheque in ! ! You will save a load of time...

p.s. The staff were their usual helpful selves - and should get a pat on the back.

p.p.s. Spoke to a couple of people in the Club Shop about "League One Champions" gear - there will be announcements on the official site this week, however there is already a t-shirt on sale.

Put my renewal in with CC payment last Tuesday. I would hope and expect to hear soon.

Here's hoping.
glare.gif

It's a shame there wasn't someone to specifically deal with renewals as, like CI-City I spent an hour, to have 23 games credited to my card in a jiffy.

But it's done now, and I would still  have queued safe in the knowledge that its done and dusted than rely on Postman Pat and his ever emptying/getting robbed post vans.

For some supporters, getting nearly £400 cash before June 1st may not be desired or even an option. For them, including myself, CC payment may be the only alternative.

To be fair the club have not officially said that CC payment will be a problem. The cash flow generated from unprecedented season ticket sales is something which I am sure they would wish to maximise. Hence thats why cheques and cash are the preferred method of payment.

Until I hear otherwise, I am sure the very busy and helpful staff in the ticket office will be doing their best to process all applications as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

Did anyone go to the ticket office this a.m for a seaso ticket?
rock.gif
If so how long was the q/wait??? I've got to nip out of work to go and renew mine so wondered what sort of excuse i'd need for my length of absence !!
Got 3 renewels to sort and one new one to buy so would rather not rely on the postie.!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ May 15 2006,17:26)]so when sending in a renewal do you have to send the existing card with it?
Well I didn't, the way I understand it works is that they update your card with the 23 league games for next season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fred @ May 15 2006,12:32)]For some supporters, getting nearly £400 cash before June 1st may not be desired or even an option.  For them, including myself, CC payment may be the only alternative.

To be fair the club have not officially said that CC payment will be a problem.   The cash flow generated from unprecedented season ticket sales is something which I am sure they would wish to maximise.  Hence thats why cheques and cash are the preferred method of payment.

Until I hear otherwise, I am sure the very busy and helpful staff in the ticket office will be doing their best to process all  applications as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
we were unable to pay for a season card by Credit Card had to go back the following day with a cheque .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ May 15 2006,21:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fred @ May 15 2006,12:32)]For some supporters, getting nearly £400 cash before June 1st may not be desired or even an option.  For them, including myself, CC payment may be the only alternative.

To be fair the club have not officially said that CC payment will be a problem.   The cash flow generated from unprecedented season ticket sales is something which I am sure they would wish to maximise.  Hence thats why cheques and cash are the preferred method of payment.

Until I hear otherwise, I am sure the very busy and helpful staff in the ticket office will be doing their best to process all  applications as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
we were unable to pay for a season card   by Credit Card had to go back the following day with a cheque .
Has anyone else been told that they couldn't use a Credit Card to pay for their season ticket.

we was not told we could use a credit card but was made to feel that it could cause a problem so we went home and got our cheque book and paid by cheque

a friend of ours was told also they dont want you to use C Cards so they also went back and paid by cheque.

it seems that cash or cheque are the payments they like and the try to stop you from using your C Cards.

rock.gif

So Credit Cards were quite acceptable last season and the season before when the Club were desperate to sell tickets, but now there is more of a demand they dont want them?
Makes the Club seem more like a small time penny pinching outfit than ever.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ARSE!! @ May 16 2006,08:16)]i used a card
But have you had your new card or renewal confirmed in the post
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

Well I'll be using a credit card. It's on the form so it's an accepted option. I'll be posting mine at the weekend.

Back