• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That made me chuckle.... I've been a seaso in the past and you tend to look around you every home game to see who's next you.

It doesn't matter if you're a season ticket holder or not, everyone has a right (within reason) to express themselves at every home game.

I'm not a season ticket holder but I tend to park my arse in roughly the same bits of the West stand. When it was just me I would get the occasional nod of recognition from the elders but since Mrs RHB has been tagging along it's like I have introduced a strange creature into our midst. I am now working on getting her to say football style words that suggest she may have some understanding of the game, which in turn may resurrect the occasional nods.

Very amusing article by the way, a good find.

That made me chuckle.... I've been a seaso in the past and you tend to look around you every home game to see who's next you.

It doesn't matter if you're a season ticket holder or not, everyone has a right (within reason) to express themselves at every home game.

Agreed. Just as long as you don't direct it at anyone that's not a fan, player or coach. It's an odd way round, really.

Every seat around me is taken by a ST, AND every man and woman is a jolly nice person; the consequence is that interlopers for cup games are often disappointments to us diehards.

East Greens, surrounded by gnarled bald blokes who moan a lot and seem to return from the bar well into the second half, they also happen to be some of my best friends!

East Greens. Always entertaining and I miss my colleagues when they don't show. More leg room though as nobody is getting any slimmer with age.

STHs around us too, we all get on quite well apart from the odd "SIT DOWN!" bellow when someone gets up to go to the loo or get a drink! :smile:

Was going to say the same, a real good group where I sit in the South upper

Every seat around me is taken by a ST, AND every man and woman is a jolly nice person; the consequence is that interlopers for cup games are often disappointments to us diehards.
Same here, I sit South upper now, but was in the west for 20 odd years and had a good group around me there too.

We had seaso in the east blacks,nightmare sitting next to the "burger family" and in addition not far from Dag Kev.

We had to surrender:smile:

There's a guy who sits quite close to me who talks the most amazing amount of drivel it's unbelievable. What makes it worse is he thinks he's really insightful and is therefore really loud with it.

There's also two old guys a bit in front of me who never crack a smile, and seem to be continuously in a bad mood. The only thing that makes them laugh is when a guy in near us shouts something at the ref. He shouts it every game when the ref. gives us a free kick. According to this guy every challenge by the opposition is a foul, so when the ref. finally gives us a free kick, out comes this line.

I listen out for it now, because the two guys in front look at each other and laugh.

East Greens. Always entertaining and I miss my colleagues when they don't show. More leg room though as nobody is getting any slimmer with age.

When I was a kid we sat in the East Greens. My dad, my brother and I had season tickets about half way up right next to the Directors' Box. We had great seats, and my brother and I used to laugh at the couple who sat in front of us. Every time a Southend player was fouled the bloke would shout "You dirty persher!"

Or at least that's what it sounded like. Eventually my dad explained that this guy was from Yorkshire and he was actually saying "You dirty perisher". Up until then my brother and I would laugh our heads off.

I would imagine that both him and his wife are long gone now...happy memories though.

There's a guy who sits quite close to me who talks the most amazing amount of drivel it's unbelievable. What makes it worse is he thinks he's really insightful and is therefore really loud with it.

There's also two old guys a bit in front of me who never crack a smile, and seem to be continuously in a bad mood. The only thing that makes them laugh is when a guy in near us shouts something at the ref. He shouts it every game when the ref. gives us a free kick. According to this guy every challenge by the opposition is a foul, so when the ref. finally gives us a free kick, out comes this line.

I listen out for it now, because the two guys in front look at each other and laugh.

With free kick

laugh.jpg

Without free kick?

no laugh.jpg

I've sat in the same seat in the East for years now, next to the same bloke. We've now moved to the stage of nodding at each other with a smile and an occasional "Alright?" and sharing a chuckle or two if something funny is said in the stands or done on the pitch. I once offered him a sausage roll, but I think that may have been pushing things a bit far at this fledgling stage in our relationship - I don't want to rush things after all.

Back