• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Seaway Leisure Plans Submitted

The only bit of the above that might need a closer look is the wanting out of Essex part. Where would you go? The issues you describe are everywhere and Essex is still a wonderful place to live and raise kids, unless you want to go really mega rural.

The county lines (drugs) and police resourcing issues are widespread. That doesn’t mean that they will only get worse. They might, but this is a huge focus of government at the moment and one that I believe we will start to see improving in the coming years.

Northumberland

Long trip to Roots Hall though

Difference between the older generation you talk of and the current influx of Londoners is they came here to work hard and make a better life for themselves, however the new generation are sent here to fill the social housing, bought up by richer councils such as Tower Hamlets and Dagenham and our corrupt local councils cash in. Call me a NIMBY, but I have seen 1st hand open drug dealing, dealers who just smirk at you as more cars pull up, and have seen stolen cars dumped around the Highlands Estate in Leigh, ask any local plod (if you can find one and they’ll tell you the numbers).

Ive lives in Leigh for over 20 years, and only until the last year had I seen this behaviour before. Teens riding stolen scooters along pavements and threatening staff in the Tesco Express on the London Road. Staff tell me they now get gangs in there every day. Po-lice aren’t interested either

Too many people in a small town. Leigh is a nice place, but it’s only 3 stops from Trafford House next to Bas station. Easy pickings for the residents who only know crime in their lives
I honestly didn’t have a clue about any of that going on. By the Tesco Express do you mean the one next to the Furniture Outlet or the one in the petrol station near Hadleigh?

I honestly didn’t have a clue about any of that going on. By the Tesco Express do you mean the one next to the Furniture Outlet or the one in the petrol station near Hadleigh?
The one in the Hadleigh end if Leigh (corrected for Cricko ?). Next to Trade Windows.

Last edited:
Leigh is still a pleasant place to live .. I've never seen any drug dealing going on in side streets, as you describe ... so that surprises me a lot. ..

Nor have i & i've lived in Leigh for many years, but then i rarely go out these days at night ( getting old! ).
I remember being told by a 'reliable source' about 2-3 years ago, that the previous summer there was a big problem in central Leigh with 'suppliers' from the Romford area, dealing on a daily basis. Certain local 'blokes not to mess about with' apprehended them one evening, told them what would happen if they returned, & that was that.
Problem is, for every pondlife you run out of town, there are another 20 waiting to replace them?.

Anyone who hasn't seen drug dealing in Leigh must surely not know what they're looking at. It's quite brazen these days, and probably doesn't look like what you're expecting.

Benfleet is the same - it's rife. And young people's attitude to it is certainly a lot different to my generation, or even my kids' generation.

Basildon they open deal near schools , police stop them three weeks they are back selling and peddling

One day the ordinary people will stand up as Vigilant's and clear the scum away with baseball bats and a good kicking, personally would love to get hold of the toe rags and stuff every last drug they hold in their gobs and make them swallow the lot

Then I get sued by parents who spout "My boy was a good lad, he doesn't deserve this ending " and end up for murder or manslaughter at best !!!

Anyone who hasn't seen drug dealing in Leigh must surely not know what they're looking at. It's quite brazen these days, and probably doesn't look like what you're expecting.

Benfleet is the same - it's rife. And young people's attitude to it is certainly a lot different to my generation, or even my kids' generation.
Again, I haven't seen it so I must be naive or out at the wrong times. I live near Old Leigh not up near Eastwood .. all I see are dog walkers and people buying chips and taking in the views of the Estuary. No drug dealing though I'm pretty sure it happens in the area. Basildon, not at all surprised ... I'd be more surprised if there wasn't crime. They need to get a grip of it.

So, special dispensation granted by SBC (larger brown envelopes submitted?) for the so-called Marine Plaza scheme to proceed comprising 282 flats plus shops. Where they supposed to park?

So, special dispensation granted by SBC (larger brown envelopes submitted?) for the so-called Marine Plaza scheme to proceed comprising 282 flats plus shops. Where they supposed to park?

Ron needs larger brown envelopes.......RDC take them!

Yep, don’t I know it ! Masses of developments currently underway approved by RDC as being essential yet all with totally inadequate road access.

At least the Marina Plaza Development (on the old Foresters Pub site) will have 282 self-contained flats in six blocks (comprising one 14 storey block, one 9 storey block, one 5/6 storey block, one 4/6 storey block, two 2/4 storey block), erect 2717sqm of commercial floorspace (A1, A3 and D2 uses), layout 318 underground parking spaces, landscaping, cycle/motorcycle/refuse storage, formation of vehicular access from Southchurch Avenue and Pleasant Road.

235879054.jpg.gallery.jpg

Marine-Plaza-1.jpg

marine plaza1.jpg

JBs-View-A3a-web.jpg

marine plaza3.jpg.gallery.jpg

marine plaza5.jpg

Marine-Plaza-3.jpg

0-View-C3-cropped-web.jpg

View-E-cropped-web.jpg

SW1a.jpg

Again, I haven't seen it so I must be naive or out at the wrong times. I live near Old Leigh not up near Eastwood .. all I see are dog walkers and people buying chips and taking in the views of the Estuary. No drug dealing though I'm pretty sure it happens in the area. Basildon, not at all surprised ... I'd be more surprised if there wasn't crime. They need to get a grip of it.

The good residents of Leigh-on-Sea don't like doing business in side roads with those London types. They prefer a door to door delivery service as they can get a good deal on a bulk buy.

In the same way you shouldn't blindly pick a builder from Yell, its best to go with a well established family firm who have been recommended and you know you can trust.

At the end of the day its a case of buy cheap buy twice.

Parking will only be allowed between two hours before and after low tide, and further restricted if it ever rains.

That will take some sorting out knowing the way the seafront floods from below and the old fashion drainage problem.

Good point, Ye olde chippy used to be about 2ft under water from a summer down poor. That section a long to the pier is the lowest part of Southend if we have a tidal flood. I presume they will have some serious flood defences incorporated into the build design

That said it is right to develop that part of the sea front into something for the 21st century.

Back