• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Second Misconduct Charge

I said as much on another thread, but actually there's also an alternative view (not necessarily one I subscribe to though).

Given how bad our crowds are at the moment I doubt our ticket sales etc. really count for a lot. Add to that the fact that Ron is (apparently) securing funds for the rest of the season and next we may actually come out of this rather unscathed in comparison to other clubs.

Lets hope so, by the way your crowds are great compared to ours:Blush:

Without ron we would have no club! Must be really easy running a football club and having to find huge tax payments on a regular basis?ron backed the managers and they was the ones who signed these players!! How they perform on the pitch is not down to ron!! and because they havent performed money isnt coming through the turnstiles so that must be rons fault too?

Nobody is saying it is easy. But Ron wouldn't have to find huge tax payments on a regular basis if he paid the smaller tax payments on an even more regular basis. He may have backed his managers but he has been working without a budget. Which is absolutely stupid.

We've been severely neglected as a club by the chairman. We need a CEO to manage the club on the day-to-day. Ron has spread himself too thin, for too long, and the house of cards is tumbling down. There is nobody else to blame.

Well I wouldn't wish a crisis on anyone- but if indeed attendance at football matches is banned this afternoon then the EFL are going to be working overtime sending out their misconduct charges. And as many on here have said, and the EFL have indicated many times, being caught by surprises is no excuse and every club/chairman should plan for the unexpected.
As a transfer embargo this time of year is for most ineffective I expect the EFL will resort to their other weapon in their armoury- nice big fines.. that will help immensely.

Seriously you do wonder how many L1 and 2 clubs could cope with no gate money for the remaining 9 games or so. Wonder how much it would cost the EFL to replace those losses through an emergency fund- or via the Premiership with a levy on Premiership Clubs? Or will the EFL do what they normally do- precisely diddly squat? Answers on a post card..
They could of course ask those wealthy and greedy big clubs to help us all out!

His wealth has no relevance
yes, and I said it, in jest and I agree with you...

But and its a big but (and I know this isnt the case with how Ron Recruited him)

if you had a huge huge sum of money, and you had the opportunity to voluntarily give something back to the lower levels of the industry that you made your money in, as long as expenses were paid etc, Would you?? I would ...... ( Let me reiterate again) I know that wasn't the circumstances to the contract that was agreed

yes, and I said it, in jest and I agree with you...

But and its a big but (and I know this isnt the case with how Ron Recruited him)

if you had a huge huge sum of money, and you had the opportunity to voluntarily give something back to the lower levels of the industry that you made your money in, as long as expenses were paid etc, Would you?? I would ...... ( Let me reiterate again) I know that wasn't the circumstances to the contract that was agreed
So you're saying he should work for free?

Ridiculous

Regardless of what he has (allegedly) done/not done, said or not said the very fact that SUFC has already been in (and remains in) a technical breach of contract for late payment of wages at least once does rather weaken the position somewhat if they intended to discipline a member of staff. Especially when Mr Campbell has access to some pretty good legal advisors and is not worried about litigating against a football club.

From the side-lines it would be very "interesting" to watch how this plays out but personally I think it's incredibly stupid to allow Sol to be one of those not receiving wages on time if the club had any intent of getting rid

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless of what he has (allegedly) done/not done, said or not said the very fact that SUFC has already been in (and remains in) a technical breach of contract for late payment of wages at least once does rather weaken the position somewhat if they intended to discipline a member of staff. Especially when Mr Campbell has access to some pretty good legal advisors and is not worried about litigating against a football club.

From the side-lines it would be very "interesting" to watch how this plays out but personally I think it's incredibly stupid to allow Sol to be one of those not receiving wages on time if the club had any intent of getting rid

I think it would be extraordinary wise for the mods to stop this discussion now and not allow it resurface without at least a grain of substance (and even then with appropriate caution).

Back