• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
see Yeo is off - this from Sky Sports

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Simon Yeo has left Lincoln City to join the new Australian A-League.

The 31-year-old striker has penned a three-year deal with Auckland-based New Zealand Knights - who have a plethora of former English league players including Neil Emblen, Danny Milosevic and Danny Hay.

"I'm 31 and they've offered me a very good three-year deal, which means security for my wife and two young children," said Yeo.

"It's an exciting challenge but, sadly, it means I have got to leave Lincoln.

"I've had a couple of weeks to think about it and it's a decision based on what is right for my family, which I hope people will understand."

Imps manager Keith Alexander fears a mass exodus from Sincil Bank after Lincoln's play-off final defeat to Southend and Yeo may just be the first to depart.

The likes of Peter Gain, Ben Futcher, Alan Marriott, Paul Morgan, Gary Taylor-Fletcher and Richard Butcher are all of out contract and are believed to be attracting interest from other clubs.

"I've got 20 players out of contract and if most of those go elsewhere, I've got a lot of work to do," he said.

"I haven't got a clue who I'm going to be able to keep. I certainly know three or four who are on the way, but obviously that's meant to be a secret.

"At the end of the day, if we'd have gone up, we'd have had a good chance of keeping hold of them. But we haven't and that's life. One or two of my players want to play at a higher level and I'm not going to stand in their way.

"Gareth McAuley has just broken into the Irish squad and we'll do well to keep hold of the likes of him."

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ May 30 2005,15:36)]see Yeo is off - this from Sky Sports

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Simon Yeo has left Lincoln City to join the new Australian A-League.

The 31-year-old striker has penned a three-year deal with Auckland-based New Zealand Knights - who have a plethora of former English league players including Neil Emblen, Danny Milosevic and Danny Hay.

"I'm 31 and they've offered me a very good three-year deal, which means security for my wife and two young children," said Yeo.

"It's an exciting challenge but, sadly, it means I have got to leave Lincoln.

"I've had a couple of weeks to think about it and it's a decision based on what is right for my family, which I hope people will understand."

Imps manager Keith Alexander fears a mass exodus from Sincil Bank after Lincoln's play-off final defeat to Southend and Yeo may just be the first to depart.

The likes of Peter Gain, Ben Futcher, Alan Marriott, Paul Morgan, Gary Taylor-Fletcher and Richard Butcher are all of out contract and are believed to be attracting interest from other clubs.

"I've got 20 players out of contract and if most of those go elsewhere, I've got a lot of work to do," he said.

"I haven't got a clue who I'm going to be able to keep. I certainly know three or four who are on the way, but obviously that's meant to be a secret.

"At the end of the day, if we'd have gone up, we'd have had a good chance of keeping hold of them. But we haven't and that's life. One or two of my players want to play at a higher level and I'm not going to stand in their way.

"Gareth McAuley has just broken into the Irish squad and we'll do well to keep hold of the likes of him."
That's been on the cards for some time apparently - it was a done deal well before Saturday.

I would love Tilly to have a sniff around Futcher, Marriott, Fletcher and even Morgan!

Lincoln for the conference next year?!

lincoln on paper have not a bad side

Unfortunatly with long ball keith at the helm none of those players will forfill their potential there!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ May 30 2005,18:47)]I would love Tilly to have a sniff around Futcher.
Better get him some stilts first

sad.gif

Back