• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

See you Saturday

jackforever

Looking foward to Saturday, although I have a feeling it is going to be your day.
Very suprised you haven't sold out yet?
Especially as many of your fans were asking for more tickets a few weeks ago.
I have read a load of nonsense on hear today about safety fears etc on Saturday. Talk of pitch invasions putting people off, Park and ride putting people off etc.
Let me reassure you.
a)The P&R works very well and gets you in and out easily enough. It's only just off the m4.
b)If a pitch invasion happens (although why the hell any swansea fan would want to invade the pitch when we will have won nothing on saturday is beyond me) you will be perfectly safe. Unfortunatly we had 3 pitch invassions last season. Bury (a), Shrews (H) Wrexham (H) without any incident with away fans, just purely celebrationary.
The Police do an excellent job in S Wales at looking after away fans, and are very swithced on. If you do want to go into some local pubs avoid the railway inn, the rest should be ok. The Coopers on the corner by the church has had away fans in at numerous times this season. Anybody looking for trouble though will find it easily enough
sad.gif

Any questions or if you need some advice post away and I will try to help.

ATB
JF.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jackforever @ April 25 2006,13:56)]into some local pubs avoid the railway inn. Anybody looking for trouble though will find it easily enough
smile.gif

cheers jackforever. Any recommendations on what pubs us shrimpers can go in?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ April 25 2006,14:01)]cheers jackforever. Any recommendations on what pubs us shrimpers can go in?
It's in his post, The Coopers prehaps?

depends on how you are comming down mate?

By train I would stay in the city centre and get a cab at around 2.30 (lates)

By car,
i)either stop off on the way down. (eg Harvester @ J43)
ii)Come off at the junction for the P&R (45) and instead of going towards the ground head the opposite direction towards the Swansea Valley. Plenty of pubs in Clydach.
iii) Try and park in one of the many local businesses charging to park and go to pubs such as the Coopers, or go in the ground and have a beer and watch SS in there.

By Private bus,
The OB will make you park in the stadium and force you in the ground early, best bet is to stop of on the way in Bridgend, Port Talbot and stay there before going to the ground.

Offical Coach,
I would have thought they will take you straight in.

TBH anybody comming to Swansea looking for a quiet pint, mix with the locals and talk about the game doesn't get a problem. Anybody looking to come and make a statement usually wishes they stayed home and watched the Ateam .

Thanks Jack most informative and helpful. I am staying in Swansea on Saturday night so just looking for a good day out, 3 points and a good drink and feed in the evening.

Looking forward to visiting your shiny new stadium.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jackforever @ April 25 2006,14:25)]TBH anybody comming to Swansea looking for a quiet pint, mix with the locals and talk about the game doesn't get a problem. Anybody looking to come and make a statement usually wishes they stayed home and watched the Ateam .
Don't be fooled by some of what you've read on here it's a mixture of young muppets that give it the big one from behind the safety of a keyboard but would sh!t themselves at the reality of a genuine ruck and a few kids just trying to be funny. 99.9999% of Southend fans fall into the first category you mentioned.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ April 25 2006,15:03)]Is alcahol served inside the ground before the game please Foreverjack ??
Carling, Worthy and Bow I think all at 7 quid a pint, served in plastic glasses by a spotty student type. thats how me make our money you see to buy dodgy strikers from other clubs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jackforever @ April 25 2006,14:25)]Anybody looking to come and make a statement usually wishes they stayed home and watched the Ateam .
i bet take my anti-attack defence alarm

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RayleighShrimp @ April 25 2006,16:23)]7 quid a pint!? i never drink in the footy grounds but that is mental.
Well we have large overheads you see.
Hot dogs are £6.50
Burgers £7.25
Fries a very reasonable £4.00
Soft drinks £4.75 per bottle.

Jackforever , thanks for all the info, tell me is it true ( as per Brentford fans) that there is NO security in the Park and Ride and that a number of cars / vans etc that appear to come from England have had their windows smashed whilst owners have been at the game ?
sad.gif

TBH mate I don't know about the Park and ride. I have never been there. I would hope there is some kind of security on site. There was an incident with a away mini bus damaged a while back but that wan't in the Park and ride.
There has been very little trouble of not at our home games for a number of years now.

BTW I was only joking about the 7 a pint.
I believe its a reasonable 2.50.

Well I for one am really looking forward to Saturday. It should be a great atmosphere and yes it will be noisy and passionate, but just enjoy it and sing up for Southend. Swansea were very noisy at Roots Hall and it made for a good atmosphere. Come on Southend fans relax and sing up on Saturday, believe me this really is a pressure game for Swansea.

Question for Jack - Do the areas in the ground serving beer also have T.V. screens showing the 12.30 k.o. between Chelsea and Man U. ? Guess if so its £7 pay per view, just like the beer.
laugh.gif

Not sure if the Manure game will be on in the stadium, I will let you know.

Back