• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big Bad Barry Corr

First XI⭐
Apart from the 1st game of the season when Sturrock gave the kid a debut in the last minute v Peterbourough in the Capital One Cup, he's been on the bench for a few games now (last one being Tuesday's debacle) and with our strikers hardly being in the greatest of form at the moment, might it not be worth at least giving Seedy some game time to see what he can do?

You don't get better by not playing and perhaps it's time to give a youngster a chance? Nothing to lose by chucking him on for 20 mins/half hour in a couple of games before the end of the season surely? Good experience and he might just pleasantly surprise us, you never know.

Apart from the 1st game of the season when Sturrock gave the kid a debut in the last minute v Peterbourough in the Capital One Cup, he's been on the bench for a few games now (last one being Tuesday's debacle) and with our strikers hardly being in the greatest of form at the moment, might it not be worth at least giving Seedy some game time to see what he can do?

You don't get better by not playing and perhaps it's time to give a youngster a chance? Nothing to lose by chucking him on for 20 mins/half hour in a couple of games before the end of the season surely? Good experience and he might just pleasantly surprise us, you never know.

Agreed - nothing to play for now, seems the perfect time to give some youngsters a run out. I'd rather spend £20 watching some enthusiastic youngsters run around and get beat than watch all the regulars going through the motions and getting beat.

I think with Tomlin back and others wishing to 'show their worth' before Wembley , I don't see the young lad getting a look in just yet.
Maybe post-Wembley ?

I think with Tomlin back and others wishing to 'show their worth' before Wembley , I don't see the young lad getting a look in just yet.
Maybe post-Wembley ?

Agree with this. Post Wembley will be a different story though, let's play Njie, Agawaka, Woodyard etc.

Agree with this. Post Wembley will be a different story though, let's play Njie, Agawaka, Woodyard etc.

Woodyard's on loan, and we already know what he's capable of. I'd rather see Paxman given a go to be honest.

Agreed - nothing to play for now, seems the perfect time to give some youngsters a run out. I'd rather spend £20 watching some enthusiastic youngsters run around and get beat than watch all the regulars going through the motions and getting beat.

Whilst it's still mathematically possible for us to get into the play-offs, the team can't take the attitude that there's "nothing to play for". Play-offs aren't out of the question, I don't think the fans will be very happy if Sturrock puts out a team of youth players on Saturday. Plus we want a strong team ready for the JPT final. There's still 7 games left, do that when there's 2/3 games left and we really do have nothing to play for. I agree it would be nice to see a few of these youngsters, especially now there's no reserve league.

Whilst it's still mathematically possible for us to get into the play-offs, the team can't take the attitude that there's "nothing to play for". Play-offs aren't out of the question, I don't think the fans will be very happy if Sturrock puts out a team of youth players on Saturday. Plus we want a strong team ready for the JPT final. There's still 7 games left, do that when there's 2/3 games left and we really do have nothing to play for. I agree it would be nice to see a few of these youngsters, especially now there's no reserve league.

I wasn't suggesting putting them all out - just blooding a few here and there. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we could have done that for the last 3 games and the worst we could be is 1 point worse off.

Back