• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Our travelling bench warmer for another season! This squad is coming together nicely..

Really pleased for him hopefully he will get more chances next season. Looking like it will be a pretty young team next season.

Good stuff, I think. He'll likely get game time this year considering our other strikers.

It appears we'll have a few more youth lads in the first team than usual. Hopefully in time we can supllement that with new players who'll provide that bit more experience. If not then the young guys will need much encouragement and support. And I think patience will be key as well.

Whos to say we wouldnt be if we signed a load of old journeymen from oop north too.

if those journeymen are relatively experienced or at least a little older in age you'll stand a better chance of staying away from a relegation fight. To achieve this with many 17/18 year olds will be a tough ask. But I'm sure in time there will be older heads coming in july/ august time. Thats not being hard on the youngsters its just that they first time proffesionals who'll need to gain first grade experience which can only come with time. Even then theres no guarantee they will go onto be successful and thats any youngster in any club. I know Hansen said you can't win anything with kids but Utd are obviously of a different class. Paul Sturrock had journeymen in his first year here and finished mid table after flirting with the play-offs. Don't quite think that would have happened with many youths involved.

Have you actually seen any of the youth players play or are you just going to dismiss them as not good enough for league 2 without giving them a chance?

They are youths who have been playing youth football. We have no reserve team to blood them in. The jump from youth to L2 is massive physically and mentally. The youths have a lot to learn and throwing too many in at once will spell disaster

They are youths who have been playing youth football. We have no reserve team to blood them in. The jump from youth to L2 is massive physically and mentally. The youths have a lot to learn and throwing too many in at once will spell disaster

We aren't talking about throwing loads into the first team and expecting them to thrive, we have promoted 3 (Pinnock, Auger and Njie) and would expect Payne to also sign. Njie has first team experience as he was on loan at Bishop Strotford, might not be League 2 but still bridging the gap between the two.

Brown has said that he will be promoting around 6-7 players from the youth team, and I doubt any of them will start more than 10 game next season unless they prove to be a real talent, like Ferdinand.

Back