• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Seeing as today is a write off - your bucketlist

Napster

No ⭐
No sleep last night, can't really be arsed to do any work today, let's have a bucketlist thread. Places to see, films, plays etc etc.

Comments, recommendations, etc etc as always - let's limit to 20.

1) Listen to Gershwin performed in New York
2) Road trip round the States
3) Write that screenplay!
4) Limoncellos on the Amalfi Coast
5) Go to the Montreux Jazz Festival
6) Get that PhD

I'm sure there's more, and I'll keep adding...

1) - love Gershwin, want to see it in NY!
2) - bit midlife crisis, but something I've always dreamed of
3) Yes yes, procrastination blah blah. But I need to get it on paper at some point
4) Naturally. Without the kids.
5) Just because. Would be amazing.
6) On hold again,because need to earn the money!!! - But plenty of time.

I would like to hunt people I dislike for sport on a Jurassic Park style island.

Keith Allen would be amongst the first.

Write the book(s) that are in my head. Only been 20 years of procrastination. :dizzy:
Live by the sea.
Live somewhere warm.
Own a restaurant.

The top 3 on my bucket list to do currently are:

1) Ciudad Perdida in Colombia
2) South(ern) Africa - in particular Newlands for a SA v Eng test and then a proper safari to see lions and giraffes in the wild
3) Cycle John O'Groats to Lands End

The top 3 on my bucket list to do currently are:

1) Ciudad Perdida in Colombia
2) South(ern) Africa - in particular Newlands for a SA v Eng test and then a proper safari to see lions and giraffes in the wild
3) Cycle John O'Groats to Lands End

Cool. Re 3 - didn't the bloke from Beautiful South do this recently? Sounds good if the weather holds up. Not heard of the first one must admit. But now I have, and it looks awesome.

Write the book(s) that are in my head. Only been 20 years of procrastination. :dizzy:
Live by the sea.
Live somewhere warm.
Own a restaurant.

A restaurant by the sea, in Italy. Perfect. ps have you started writing anything at all? Sometimes it's the first paragraph that I have trouble with.

Live by the sea.
Live somewhere warm.
Own a restaurant.

Been published
Have lived by the sea
Live somewhere warm And have just 3 weeks ago opened a restaurant,you should be me.

I just want to see my kids grow up happy and safe.

Done both the Montreaux Jazz Festival and cycled Land's End to John O'Groats. I'd like to do both again but enjoy them this time. Ditto Southend at Wembley.

I'd also like a time machine so that I could go back to about 1980 and see the Adrian Belew era Talking Heads.

Well I've done 2&4 of Napster list - two month road trip of the Western US states in 2000, plus a honeymoon driving from NYC up to Boston & Niagara Falls. Freeways :thumbdown:

berrichone could do with some tips mate, just got my publishing deal...

mk if you pulled your finger out and didnt **** around playing with trains and shrimperzone all day you too could live by the sea, and write a book

Live by the sea.
Live somewhere warm.
Own a restaurant.

Where is the "Enter - and be accepted for - Masterchef"?!!!

Keep hassling :thumbsup:

I wonder if bucket lists are more of a bloke thing, I don't have the urge to do any of these things, I just want to be happy and see my children grow up happy and fulfilled.

Hmmm, some of the below might not happen

Learn Cantonese. Been here over two years and just want enough to have basic conversations with locals. I know a few words and that's it (to my shame). As an aside if any kids have the option to take Mandarin as a language do it. At my age and with my career I don't need it. This is fast becoming the second most important language in business.

Marry Emma Bunton. I can see two fundamental flaws with this, possibly 3.

Tick off some more Asian countries. Still not got around to Indonesia (not just Bali), Vietnam, Malaysia and Mongolia which is supposed to be fantastic in summer

Back