• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Self-Righteous Brothers

Bentley's Absurd Gait

For those of you who listen to talksport and 606, I would like to ask a question. Does every West Ham fan that gets on to the airwaves sound like a cliche-ridden self-righteous loathsome ****? Standard bon mots from our ****-ney chums (emphasis on first syllable) :

'We won the World Cup'
'Academy of Football'
'Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Pele, Maradona etc all started at West Ham'
'Best fans in England'

All crap. You're a medium sized club with delusions of grandeur and fickle fans, and you cheated to stay up last year. See you in the Championship very soon, where we'll beat you AGAIN.

For those of you who listen to talksport and 606, I would like to ask a question. Does every West Ham fan that gets on to the airwaves sound like a cliche-ridden self-righteous loathsome ****? Standard bon mots from our ****-ney chums (emphasis on first syllable) :

'We won the World Cup'
'Academy of Football'
'Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Pele, Maradona etc all started at West Ham'
'Best fans in England'

All crap. You're a medium sized club with delusions of grandeur and fickle fans, and you cheated to stay up last year. See you in the Championship very soon, where we'll beat you AGAIN.

Mr Bentley, I doff my cap in your direction sir!!

Top post and couldn't agree more with you.

'We won the World Cup'
'Academy of Football'
'Best fans in England'

Blatant attempt to get more positive rep.

However it is all quite true and if it would allow me, I'd positive rep you again. I find it best to avoid talk****e and 606 anyway.

Blatant attempt to get more positive rep.

However it is all quite true and if it would allow me, I'd positive rep you again. I find it best to avoid talk****e and 606 anyway.

You see through my plans! Still trying to live down the Eastwood episode.....

I also like how the Hamsters boast how Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard and Michael Carrick all came through the youth set up at Wet Sham and provide the spine for England, then without pausing for breath they'll criticise England and say how crap England are.

To be fair you speak to most Hammers they all hate Lampard however the we won the world cup craps annoying. For all the spanners out there remember football is a team game there were 11 players on the pitch and a manager who wasn't in anyway anything to do with them picked the players.

I also like how the Hamsters boast how Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard and Michael Carrick all came through the youth set up at Wet Sham and provide the spine for England, then without pausing for breath they'll criticise England and say how crap England are.

When have any of them critised england?
What a load of bollocks this is! These players all came through west ham and have all done pretty well for themselves. (though not for their country) But then, lets face it, our national team is dog ****!

What a load of bollocks this is! These players all came through west ham and have all done pretty well for themselves. (though not for their country) But then, lets face it, our national team is dog ****!

When have West Ham fans criticised the national team?

On numerous occasions, I'm surprised that you consider this a controversial claim. I think fans of most clubs have abused the England team, its just they don't then say with pride how they are the academy that produces a substantial number of players that play for that "dog sh!t" team.

Yeah, what a great bunch of lads those cockney boys are. Lambeth Walk, Boiled beef and Carrots, Didn't the Queen Mum have a lovely smile, Sieg Heil, great stuff......

When have West Ham fans criticised the national team?

On numerous occasions, I'm surprised that you consider this a controversial claim. I think fans of most clubs have abused the England team, its just they don't then say with pride how they are the academy that produces a substantial number of players that play for that "dog sh!t" team.

Ok, fair point. In fact i misread the thread and was under the impression that it was suggested the players...not the fans had abused the team. Having not had the benifit of trawling west ham forums, I can neither substantiate or deny your statement. However, If true, I would imagine that most would be talking of the halceon days of 66 when west ham did indeed, provide the spine of the england team.

Oh Touche. But your chip shop reference is utterly meaningless and devoid of humour.

Hmm, Some would say you had a LARGE chip on your shoulder regarding all things east london. Maybe not the joke of the millenium but fairly easy for joe average to pick up on.
Listen, I dont want to go handbag to handbag with any fellow southend supporter but slagging west ham (and all thing east london) off, just for the sake of it is a lazy thread. I'm proud of my roots...Just like im proud to now call myself a southend supporter.

Oh I see. And I have no chip on my shoulder, I lived in East London for four years, and just didn't like it. And I don't want to get into a slanging match either fella, so will agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Back