• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sell-on clauses/EPPP movers

flangejackrabbit

Reclusive rabbit
I was hoping to establish an ongoing list of players on whom we have sell-on clauses or have moved under EPPP rules.

The bottom selection contains players who have moved away from us with some sort of sell-on which has since been resolved one way or the other.

Anyone that can help, please do!

Outstanding:

Sell-ons (Known):
Dominc Iorfa (15%)

Sell-ons (Unknown):
Jack Payne
Dan Bentley
Glen Kamara

EPPP:
Jordan Gabriel (Forest)
Keith Asare (Forest)
Finley Burns (Man City)
Cameron John (Wolves)

Unknown - before or after EPPP?
Stephy Mavididi

Resolved
Michael Ngoo - released, no gain
Freddy Eastwood - £300k (25% of £1.2m)
Gary Hooper - £420k (17.5% of £2.4m) + about £45k of Scunthorpe's sell on I believe?
Femi Orengua - released, no gain
Keith Orengua - released, no gain
Medi Abalimba - released, no gain
Lyle Della Verde - released, no gain
Kane Ferdinand - Released, no gain
Isaac Hayden - Believe about £310k (12.5% of £2.5m) but happy to be corrected?

Last edited:
I was thinking more players where we have potential future income that hasn't yet been realised, but that could be an interesting separate section of the list as well!

They often aren't made public until they then move on from their next club.

Isaac Hayden is another resolved one.

Cheers, added. If anyone has more accurate figures than the ones I've estimated based on press/other info I'm all ears.

EPPP payment schedules and potential future payments should be public in theory shouldn't they? As they're all dictated to by a formula.

EPPP payment schedules and potential future payments should be public in theory shouldn't they? As they're all dictated to by a formula.

Yeah, they will be public. EPPP sell-ons are all 20% plus 5% of any subsequent transfer.

Was thinking about this today in relation to Jack Payne & Bentley. Aren't there ad-ons built in to these deals for number of appearances and promotions etc? Which if true could mean some wonga coming our way if Udders or Brentford get promoted surely? Just hoping..

Was thinking about this today in relation to Jack Payne & Bentley. Aren't there ad-ons built in to these deals for number of appearances and promotions etc? Which if true could mean some wonga coming our way if Udders or Brentford get promoted surely? Just hoping..
Depends on what's been agreed. Not every player who is sold as a youngster has a contract that includes "add ons".

Not quite sure what the point of all this is - are you going to declare at the end that we're millionaires? We aren't - the club loses money monthly and little tickles like that just temporarily ease the situation. Read the accounts. In fact, read the accounts of 90% of clubs at our level that don't have a sugar daddy.

Not quite sure what the point of all this is - are you going to declare at the end that we're millionaires? We aren't - the club loses money monthly and little tickles like that just temporarily ease the situation. Read the accounts. In fact, read the accounts of 90% of clubs at our level that don't have a sugar daddy.

No - it's just interesting to me to keep track of where our youth ends up and how our academy will benefit us in the long run. Obviously even with this income we are still losing money hand over fist.

Back