• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Grayson

Life President⭐
After my foray in the cup has ended, it may be time for me to sell up and rebuild. I've an ageing side and struggling to meet wages. When are prices highest? I'm thinking of selling the likes of Raisani, who won't fetch much anyway, soon and then the most valuable players at the beginning of next season, as I believe that's when you get the best prices due to YP sales pumping money into sides.

Could anybody value my players please?

Here are the ones that may go:

2. Agha Raisani - 35 yo, BT Rating=186,149, Wage=£106,912 shortcut
A defensive LH batsman and a defensive LH finger spin bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and elite experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, proficient bowling form and changeable fitness.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: miraculous Concentration: elite
Bowling: woeful Consistency: quality
Fielding: competent

5. Dirk Dowe - 31 yo, BT Rating=165,790, Wage=£60,815 shortcut
A steady RH batsman and a steady RH finger spin bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and elite experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and changeable fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: exquisite Concentration: phenomenal
Bowling: woeful Consistency: wonderful
Fielding: quality

8. Doug Blaney - 31 yo, BT Rating=174,070, Wage=£124,983 shortcut
A steady RH batsman and a steady RH wrist spin bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and elite experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, woeful bowling form and changeable fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: strong
Bowling: miraculous Consistency: elite
Fielding: wonderful

12. Douglas Sipho - 31 yo, BT Rating=91,854, Wage=£45,734 shortcut
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He has competent leadership skills and elite experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and changeable fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: woeful
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: exquisite
Fielding: proficient

10. Kanan Raipur - 26 yo, BT Rating=176,587, Wage=£117,205 shortcut
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking RF bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and elite experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and changeable fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: competent
Bowling: phenomenal Consistency: elite
Fielding: superb

6. Jason Tsietsi - 26 yo, BT Rating=138,185, Wage=£69,638 shortcut
A steady LH batsman and a steady LFM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and phenomenal experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and changeable fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: masterful Concentration: masterful
Bowling: superb Consistency: proficient
Fielding: proficient

11. Mark Rennie - 29 yo, BT Rating=196,887, Wage=£84,162 shortcut
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking RFM bowler. He has superb leadership skills and phenomenal experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and changeable fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: remarkable Concentration: masterful
Bowling: masterful Consistency: masterful
Fielding: remarkable

4. Richard Blake - 27 yo, BT Rating=131,427, Wage=£70,888 shortcut
An attacking LH batsman and an attacking LM bowler. He has competent leadership skills and masterful experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, superb bowling form and changeable fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: woeful Concentration: competent
Bowling: masterful Consistency: miraculous
Fielding: strong

9. Mo-mo Prospere - 24 yo, BT Rating=142,563, Wage=£71,464 shortcut
A steady RH batsman and a steady LH finger spin bowler. He has woeful leadership skills and sensational experience. He has no preference and no trait.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: masterful Concentration: phenomenal
Bowling: worthless Consistency: competent
Fielding: superb

7. Roland Chill - 23 yo, BT Rating=135,681, Wage=£67,978 shortcut
A defensive LH batsman and a defensive LFM bowler. He has superb leadership skills and superb experience. He favours RH Bowlers but has no trait.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: exceptional
Batting: exquisite Concentration: masterful
Bowling: woeful Consistency: respectable
Fielding: worthless

Valuations are fluctuating wildly, hard to put a specific amount on anyone at the moment. Definitely depressed at the moment as proven by the AR that Dibs picked up. Obviously the bottom two are worth way more than the rest but you'll want to keep those to build a team round.

I'm also considering a rebuild, there's some monster teams approaching the top which will make the top divisions untenable for a couple of seasons.

There are a few for sure. I feel like keeping Chill, Prospere and Tsietsi. Raipur is good and particularly useful in FC but I'm not sure 117k wages are the way to go, which therefore makes Blake a useful player to keep, as he's an optimum high division skill/wage balance. I fear I'd struggle to make 10m from the rest combined though!

Ideally you'd have a team of exquisites and masterfuls, optimum wage/skill ratio. Unfortunately these players are therefore expensive to buy!

I would keep Raipur, you need that one gun bowler to make the difference sometimes. The other 5 should get you at least £15m if bidding goes ok. It's a hard process to go through though, several steps backwards, however other teams have it as bad if not worse so if you can get it done now, take a couple of relegations and get settled, you should be well set when other teams have to do it (or quit as they can't be bothered).

I'm waiting until BT20 is finished so I can go up in that to get a members boost that will offset the losses next season and the season after that. Will then re-evaluate whether to sell then (just before our FC game!) or at the start of the new season.

Some of the teams have weekly wage bills in excess of £1.5m pw, mine is a more sedate £900k but we're still struggling to make ends meet. Will probably sell HHH, he doesn't justify his £250k pw. Get a gun bowler to replace him and save myself £150k pw. Will also sell Sandy, never bats in OD and his FC average is 10. Might as well cash in and blood my youth captain instead to get him XP, can hide him down at 8 or 9. Also decided to keep training my WK as a long term replacement for Lamo.

So 4 sold. Pleased with the fee for Raisani, delighted with Dowe in comparison to Sipho who was a bit short of expected and Blaney's was a fair bit lower than I'd hoped.

01/07/2011 Sold Doug Blaney Blahmasterfunsters £1,785,000 190,357
29/06/2011 Sold Douglas Sipho River Styx Rowers £2,654,000 93,230
29/06/2011 Sold Dirk Dowe Oakham Eagles £4,018,000 168,702
23/06/2011 Sold Agha Raisani Riverstone Imperials £1,200,000 178,149

Back