• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Semenya a hermaphrodite!!!!!!

Sexual ambiguity is one thing, but for a "woman" not to have a womb or ovaries is another!

Not really , plenty born without sadly or have them removed as children due to ovarian cancer or other issues , puberty has to be artificially induced.

This who mess is getting ridiculous now its not international news and its a silly leak .

Not really , plenty born without sadly or have them removed as children due to ovarian cancer or other issues , puberty has to be artificially induced.

This who mess is getting ridiculous now its not international news and its a silly leak .

These leaks tend to then become fact though and if there is a case that she/he has gained an advantage by being between sexes then is it fair on the other female competitors who she races against that are 100% female.

How? I don't understand. I'm pretty sure the whole world knows about this special case. It's on every news channel. And i can't see why it's getting so ridiculous? It is fairly interesting news

The IAAF have stated that the results haven't been checked over by experts yet. Some Aussie paper has printed it though, who knows if their sources are true or whether they are just making it up.

Sexual ambiguity is one thing, but for a "woman" not to have a womb or ovaries is another!

no it's not, the term intersexed/sexually ambiguous covers a wide range of genetic conditions, including people born without gonads that develop into testes or ovaries. it's rare, but the stigma attached to this (as witnessed by your exclamation-mark ridden title) means that it's probably higher than currently estimated

How? I don't understand. I'm pretty sure the whole world knows about this special case. It's on every news channel. And i can't see why it's getting so ridiculous? It is fairly interesting news

Its a personal matter that should have been delt with privately , the preassure on her must be enourmas , i mean imagine if she was unware of the details of these test's and discovered she had a very small male genital and mental image of her self is female , be like you waking up tommorow getting medical results and being told you have a small uterus and femal chromosoans (and yes thats happened before to guys ), and teh Echo splashing it all over teh front page.

These leaks tend to then become fact though and if there is a case that she/he has gained an advantage by being between sexes then is it fair on the other female competitors who she races against that are 100% female.

Define 100% female. There's no such thing, and it's just as much a mental thing as a physical/genetic issue. I'm sure Semenya isn't the only women athlete who may have unusually high levels of masculine characteristics, that may in turn give her an advantage. I agree a line has to be drawn somewhere to ensure fairness, but I'd personally lean towards not having to put athletes through complex and distressing gender tests, especially in the public eye.

Its a personal matter that should have been delt with privately , the preassure on her must be enourmas , i mean imagine if she was unware of the details of these test's and discovered she had a very small male genital and mental image of her self is female , be like you waking up tommorow getting medical results and being told you have a small uterus and femal chromosoans (and yes thats happened before to guys ), and teh Echo splashing it all over teh front page.

Only difference is i'm not involved in an international sport, where i am deemed one of the best and have won Gold Medals

I can't see the Echo or any paper wanting to print a story about some random person, who no-one gives a toss about.

Define 100% female. There's no such thing, and it's just as much a mental thing as a physical/genetic issue. I'm sure Semenya isn't the only women athlete who may have unusually high levels of masculine characteristics,

I agree...

Venus_Williams3.jpg

Only difference is i'm not involved in an international sport, where i am deemed one of the best and have won Gold Medals

I can't see the Echo or any paper wanting to print a story about some random person, who no-one gives a toss about.

That sells papers normally makes silly season could have said teh same thing about the pregnant man recently . Same as an athlete , its a medical condition that needs to be looked at in private .
I totally agree with Pubey as well , even noraml "women " athletes have higher levels of testosterone then the average female as the produce more muscle .

Last edited:
I feel really sorry for her. I doubt anyone is suggesting she / he has been deliberately trying to mislead people and to have her profession put in doubt, as well as leaving her open to ridicule must be an awful thing for her to go through. Shame on the IAAF or whoever for leaking the info and dealing with it all so insentively.

Define 100% female. There's no such thing, and it's just as much a mental thing as a physical/genetic issue. I'm sure Semenya isn't the only women athlete who may have unusually high levels of masculine characteristics, that may in turn give her an advantage. I agree a line has to be drawn somewhere to ensure fairness, but I'd personally lean towards not having to put athletes through complex and distressing gender tests, especially in the public eye.

If we are talking from a physical point of view, (which is where i am coming from). IMO if a human being has only female reproductive organs and no male reproductive organs, then she is 100% female.

Should Semenya not be running in the mens races as well/instead then?

If we are talking from a physical point of view, (which is where i am coming from). IMO if a human being has only female reproductive organs and no male reproductive organs, then she is 100% female.

Should Semenya not be running in the mens races as well/instead then?
Sorry medical since would disagree with you there , as stated many woman and men are XY (if female) and XX if (male) while having what would be considered all "normal" reproductive organs , and even then you have people who believe they are the incorrect gender (who's brains development appear to match more the opposite sex).

Its not easy , hence the large amount of tests they had to do .

Back