• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Senior players take training at Southend United

What makes the whole thing stranger if that indeed is the case, is why was Ron telling us on the zoom call as late as Thursday night that he and Tom had been down to the training ground on Thursday morning and had agreed to a request from Phil to strengthen the team?!
I personally do not think it was planned, if the players knew the how did they keep it secret from PB, and as you say they had as per the zoom agreed to strengthen the team.

I personally do not think it was planned, if the players knew the how did they keep it secret from PB, and as you say they had as per the zoom agreed to strengthen the team.
Maybe the players thought it was PB's turn to be under the bus.

Dont forget we had a Zoom with Ron vouching for MM a week or so before PB came in.

Players gossip. The fact that PB was in a precarious position was hardly hidden. Quite possible the gossip was he was finished, rumour is shared as fact, and here we are? All sound familiar..?

Players gossip. The fact that PB was in a precarious position was hardly hidden. Quite possible the gossip was he was finished, rumour is shared as fact, and here we are? All sound familiar..?

Maybe the players thought it was PB's turn to be under the bus.

Dont forget we had a Zoom with Ron vouching for MM a week or so before PB came in.
Yep i remember that, but this just seems different to me, i truly do not believe it was planned otherwise RM would have told him he was sacked surely, if reports are true then it was TL that told PB.

Do not get me wrong it should be part of TL’s role but then so should hiring and I do not think PB was TL’s choice.

PB expected to be sacked after the Tuesday game. You only had to look at his body language for the first 20mins.

Someone mentioned in the stand on Saturday that the famous bark was not heard once.
And he was prepared for us to have lost all 6 points, instead of just 3 with his deliberate bizarre starting 11 at both games.
Guess that showed what a lack of morals he had, both for the club & fans.

And he was prepared for us to have lost all 6 points, instead of just 3 with his deliberate bizarre starting 11 at both games.
Guess that showed what a lack of morals he had, both for the club & fans.

I would have done exactly the same if I new I was going to be sacked, so would most people..... Good for him I say.

I would have done exactly the same if I new I was going to be sacked, so would most people..... Good for him I say.
Really??. And why would he have known he'd be sacked?. Probably because he was out of his depth in a Div he knew FA about, & as per usual tried to blame all & sundry on recent results?.
And if your happy with a deliberate surrender of 3 points last Sat, then what a great loyal fan you are?.

I'd presume he did, he was the manager. Yes we beat Eastleigh, but the question has to be asked, were we set up to fail?.
What was his quote about who's in charge?

100's of posts on here claiming Akinola was the answer and It was just personal grudge PB had against him. 4 months ago others claimed a DoF would solve many of our problems longterm (including Stan) They would be the best person to sign loanees, deal with contracts etc.

After Solihull we needed a complete clear out and others need their 'chance'.....PB took the fans advice and it worked.

What was his quote about who's in charge?

100's of posts on here claiming Akinola was the answer and It was just personal grudge PB had against him. 4 months ago others claimed a DoF would solve many of our problems longterm (including Stan) They would be the best person to sign loanees, deal with contracts etc.

After Solihull we needed a complete clear out and others need their 'chance'.....PB took the fans advice and it worked.

I don't think there were any posts saying Sim was the answer. Personally I queried how he wasn't in the squad relative to some other players.

Back