• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Senior players take training at Southend United

Already has all badges except the one permitting league management. That's the one sufc were prepared to assist with.
Are there any requirements (badges/registrations etc) needed for the person in charge on Sat - or could it literally be anyone?

Massive sesh apparently, curtains drawn with a few bags of Excelsior cans and a couple of ounces between them, mainly spent listening to a stack of Josh Coulson’s old hardcore tapes- slipmatt, Fabio and grooverider, mickey Finn etc. Akinola was cracking everyone up with his PB impressions. Bit of an argument when Rhys Murphy wanted to put on Pink Floyd mid-afternoon. He went for a walk to cool off and then reappeared at three in the morning, quite dishevelled with another ounce and a stolen BMX. All finished around dawn when Sayers and Clifford had to go and do their paper rounds. Some of the youth team bailed out early after they did a ouiji board and a bong and chucked up in the front garden. By the end it was just John White and Demi left watching Living Planet and Performance on VHS.

"Senior Players" we have quite a few of those on the books.

My expectations for the Chertsea game are even lower if there isn't going to be anyone steering what is already a rudderless ship.

I'll take another FA Cup embarrassment this weekend it means an uptick in form once the new manager comes in.

I would think a new manager will be in place in time for the Dagenham match. Should Mark Bentley be appointed, then he will be returning to the Club from whom we signed him. Tilly's first signing.

I am sure Bentley would be a great appointment, but also a risk. Guess we will just have to wait and see.
Signing any manager carries risks.

Massive sesh apparently, curtains drawn with a few bags of Excelsior cans and a couple of ounces between them, mainly spent listening to a stack of Josh Coulson’s old hardcore tapes- slipmatt, Fabio and grooverider, mickey Finn etc. Akinola was cracking everyone up with his PB impressions. Bit of an argument when Rhys Murphy wanted to put on Pink Floyd mid-afternoon. He went for a walk to cool off and then reappeared at three in the morning, quite dishevelled with another ounce and a stolen BMX. All finished around dawn when Sayers and Clifford had to go and do their paper rounds. Some of the youth team bailed out early after they did a ouiji board and a bong and chucked up in the front garden. By the end it was just John White and Demi left watching Living Planet and Performance on VHS.
This is all sounds rather tame compared to the stories Alex Revell used to tell in his infamous blog whilst here.

David Webb for Saturday.
He was there last Saturday so will be aware of the mess they're in!

As it goes, I am surprised Ron/Tom/Stan haven't asked a favour of a recently retired player - Macca, Ferdinand or Cox for instance - to come in on a short term, temporary basis, to train them.

It was JD, JW and Cookson that took training. My son knows one of players who text him that last night. Said it all felt a bit strange and no idea at the moment who will be in charge Saturday, formation, tactics at this stage

It was JD, JW and Cookson that took training. My son knows one of players who text him that last night. Said it all felt a bit strange and no idea at the moment who will be in charge Saturday, formation, tactics at this stage

Who is cookson?

I seem to remember reading a couple interviews with players, one with Timlin in particular. He couldn't speak any higher about JD being a coach. He said he's already there with how much he helps players. So it makes no surprised to me that he would step up.

Plus it's kind of written in to his contract now isn't it?

He was there last Saturday so will be aware of the mess they're in!

As it goes, I am surprised Ron/Tom/Stan haven't asked a favour of a recently retired player - Macca, Ferdinand or Cox for instance - to come in on a short term, temporary basis, to train them.
There needs to be an element of continuity (I know I can't believe I said that but in a strange way for this one game its true. A different approach will come with a new manager, an intermediate new approach probably doesn't help..)

I seem to remember reading a couple interviews with players, one with Timlin especially. He couldn't speak any higher about JD being a coach. He said he's already there with how much he helps players. So it makes no surprised to me that he would step up.

Plus it's kind of written in to his contract now isn't it?
I don't know about contract. I noticed on Sat PB was having a word with JD who was then given the task talking to certain players. Was he also not part of the original CF application for the managers role (as Assistant?). Anyway he wants to get into management and has done more about that probably than any of the other senior players.

JW has stated he has no interest in coaching- but he is club captain. So actually they are the obvious choice amongst the senior players for this one game I guess.

Be interesting if demi doesnt play himself and jumps around the managers box klopp style.

I don't know about contract. I noticed on Sat PB was having a word with JD who was then given the task talking to certain players. Was he also not part of the original CF application for the managers role (as Assistant?). Anyway he wants to get into management and has done more about that probably than any of the other senior players.

JW has stated he has no interest in coaching- but he is club captain. So actually they are the obvious choice amongst the senior players for this one game I guess.
I just threw it into the Google machine and it seems nothing was official but the club could help him with in the future.

'When it all goes tits up Jason, we'll tag you in. How does that sound?'

Back