• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Senior players take training at Southend United

"Senior Players" we have quite a few of those on the books.

My expectations for the Chertsea game are even lower if there isn't going to be anyone steering what is already a rudderless ship.

I'll take another FA Cup embarrassment this weekend it means an uptick in form once the new manager comes in.
Really go out now and no monies ,get a couple of rounds under our belt and we get some cash, and crowds if at home

Potential managers will be watching for the attitude and professionalism of the players. There will (or should be) an element of come on, its just us, stick together, let go and show them what we are about. I have an inkling that loanees may not be the first names on the team sheet.

It was JD, JW and Coulson that took training. My son knows one of players who text him that last night. Said it all felt a bit strange and no idea at the moment who will be in charge Saturday, formation, tactics at this stage
Now edited

Ive since been told that a number of senior players knew that PB and CF were to be sacked Saturday regardless of the result. JD was one of them. If so might explain in some part why we were so bad Saturday. At times it looked like we were going through the motions on the pitch and didnt portray a team fighting for their manager

Ive since been told that a number of senior players knew that PB and CF were to be sacked Saturday regardless of the result. JD was one of them. If so might explain in some part why we were so bad Saturday. At times it looked like we were going through the motions on the pitch and didnt portray a team fighting for their manager
Thats pretty damn unprofessional if you ask me.

totally agree, i was shocked myself. My son is good mates with one of the players and has been texting him the past few days. If this is accurate then there defo is a mole in the camp and sums up the current situation completely... its a mess
“there defo is a mole in the camp”

“My son is good mates with one of the players and has been texting him the past few days.”

“there defo is a mole in the camp”

“My son is good mates with one of the players and has been texting him the past few days.”
the player in question is not the mole i can assure of that, but he was informed by one of the senior players that Brown was going to be sacked prior to the game.

the player in question is not the mole i can assure of that, but he was informed by one of the senior players that Brown was going to be sacked prior to the game.

Hmmmm I wonder who the mole (back stabber) is at the club! I'd have a pretty good guess who that is.

Last edited:
That makes no sense that you would keep someone in charge... Not calling your son a liar. It would just be frustrating if true. It's like those points were disposable when I think we can all agree they aren't whatever stage of the season it is!

That makes no sense that you would keep someone in charge... Not calling your son a liar. It would just be frustrating if true. It's like those points were disposable when I think we can all agree they aren't whatever stage of the season it is!

It wouldn't surprise me with how things are at the club right now. Brown obviously heard also, if I were him I'd have played Elvis the Eel and Sammy the Shrimp up front as a two finger salut.

It’s fine mate no offence taken. I’ve seen the text/WhatsApp in question so know my son isn’t making it up, but I also found it odd that certain players in the changing room were told such news before a game. If so they might as well have sacked PB and CF Friday etc. might also have kept it to myself rather that start sharing with other players in the dressing room. Doesn’t look good at all. Question would be who fed the players that news in the first place regardless of it being passed on further

What makes the whole thing stranger if that indeed is the case, is why was Ron telling us on the zoom call as late as Thursday night that he and Tom had been down to the training ground on Thursday morning and had agreed to a request from Phil to strengthen the team?!

Back