• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

seany t

President
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7499028.stm

He really hates British football, doesn't he? I really wish someone would fire the guy or put him in an old people home.

Players are already hugely protected in the modern game. I know that in our jobs we can leave whenever we want, so I can see his argument, but to compare a footballer on £100,000 a week to a slave? It's just the way that footballers go about engineering their move these days that angers me.

Why not be honest and come out, rather than talk to a foreign journalist or get your agent to tout you and deny any knowledge of it?

Anyway, in short, it's none of the guys business as far as I can tell, and he should know better than when to wade in with inappropriate comments

If an English representative, i.e. David Gill, was to make as many Anti-European statements as Blatter does Anti-English, then he'd be branded a racist and castigated from the committee.

He's a sad, ranting individual with a chip on his shoulder who hates to see English teams dominate. He raves about the unity issues of FIFA, but the more he works the more he creates a "Them and Us" mentality.

He should've stepped down long ago...

Blatter is a joke, he is blatently biased against english football and so many of his comments are contradictory.

So he beleievs players should be able to play where they like but at the same time thinks there should be a limit on foreign players?

If players could just leave when ever they want contracts wouldn't be worth the paper they're written on and small clubs would go to the wall. Well Sepp, that's 'protecting' football isn't it.

Blatter is a knob. I read article in the paper about him this morning - trying to get involved in the Ronaldo saga. Personally I believe in what Ferguson is doing. It really is the priniciple of the matter about Ronaldo. Letting him go will set a precident to all other players that will then fail to honour contracts if clubs come in with the right money.

It's no wonder Blatter disagrees, he hates to see an English team have the best player in the world and would happily see him go off to Real at the expense of a major prinicple being broken. What a tosser - someone get him out.

It's also worth remembering Blatter is very anti Man Utd, not just anti English.
He hates Ferguson with a passion and also I think still partly blames them for the World Club Cup not ever taking off (despite them devaluing the English FA Cup be not entering that season!)

I know that in our jobs we can leave whenever we want, so I can see his argument

but, and i'm not being disrespectful, I dont suppose your current employer had to spend a fortune to get you to join, and will get a fortune when you leave so its not really the same thing.

This latest rubbish by Blatter is encouraging players to ignore contracts. Can you imagine the hoo-haa if players were not given contracts but just paid on a game to game basis, then dumped as soon as they were injured.

Too much player power these days.

but, and i'm not being disrespectful, I dont suppose your current employer had to spend a fortune to get you to join, and will get a fortune when you leave so its not really the same thing.

This latest rubbish by Blatter is encouraging players to ignore contracts. Can you imagine the hoo-haa if players were not given contracts but just paid on a game to game basis, then dumped as soon as they were injured.

No I agree with everything you've written. Its just that sadly, in my ranting state earlier on today, I couldn't quite put it into words quite as well as you managed to!

It really got my goat this one, Ronaldo is not being kept against his will. He hasn't asked for a transfer so there is actually no reason for them to suspect that he wants one (all the comments could just be dismissed as media story seeking)
the greedy little twunt is trying to manipulate a move without asking for a transfer and therefore entitling him to a %age of the transfer fee , which he is not entitled to if he requests to leave.
If he wants away that much, slap in a transfer request, put your money where your mouth is and say i want away and I want it so much i will forgo 2 Million quid or whatever he will be entitled to (its not as if he would miss it !).

grrrr

Agree with everything here. There is far too much player power. If a bigger club can come in and buy out the contract everytime the player wants out then whats the point of a contract in the first place. Sometimes I just think he likes to be controversial.

Blatter isn't anti-English. He's just an old **** who should have lost that job years ago.

Although, to be fair he does have a point about Ronaldo:

Slaveryaldo.gif

Wikipedia defines a 'Slave' as -
a person held against their will from the time of their capture and are deprived of the right to leave &/or receive compensation (such as wages) in return for their labor.
Slaves are deprived of personal freedom and compelled to work.

Whereas, Mr Blatter, the same site determines an 'Idiot' as -
a person lacking professional skill, so mentally deficient as to be incapable of ordinary reasoning. Idiots are seen as having bad judgment in public and political matters.
In psychology, it is a historical term for the state or condition now called profound mental retardation.

Says it all really.

Last edited:
As Pele and Cannavaro have quite rightly said, slavery is unpaid labour. If you sign a contract in any business, you have to respect it

Besides the crass comparison for which he has been rightly savaged, I was more concerned about his apparent belief that contracts don't actually mean anything.

His considered policy was that, "if a player wants to leave and go to another club, then he should be able to. I'm always on the side of the player."

So, according to Blatter, we should now have contracts that force the clubs to pay the player regardless of performance, but that can be cancelled by the player on a whim.

Why not just cancel them altogether? We can just have all the people that want to play football turning up randomly at stadiums across the planet and the manager, assuming that his contract means anything, can then take his pick from whoever turns up? Welcome to Blatterworld.

At least Platini's policies, even if you don't agree with them, actually make sense.

Blatter is just a very strange old man who should be locked in the attic at FIFA Towers for his own good.

I think what he's said is very ironic considering FIFA have said that they want to impose tighter regulations on the transfer windows which would make player movements even more restrictive.

I wouldn't mind being a slave if Ronaldo is one. I'd happily swap with him. I'd get £120K a week, get paid to play a game he says he loves, play in front of 70,000 week in week out, play in arguably the best league, play for the European Champions and English Champions and he can take my place in sales.

For £120K a week I'd be Sir Alex's sex slave.

Ronaldo needs to remember without Sir Alex and without Man Utd, he wouldn't be the player he is today.

Ronaldo is in for a massive wake up call in 2 months time, when he walks onto the pitch at Old Trafford and nobody is chanting his name. I've spoken to several hardcore United fans who have completely turned their backs on him after this outburst.

Back