• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

September the 12th start date

The Premier league has just announced a September the 12th date to resume the new Premier league season.

I would assume that the EFL will also start or try and start near that date and advise in the next 24 hours or so.

Wed better get our skates on with appointing a manager and starting to try and arrange training and behind the scenes structure.

6 weeks and counting!!!

50 days away. We need to seriously think about entertaining the idea of naming a caretaker manager (Fagan/Duncan) just to get the players in training

The worrying thing is if they allow away fans at some point if the fixture list doesn’t go well Colchester away could be behind closed doors. :Sorry:

Really need to consider starting training sorting a manager and arranging some pre season friendlies!

Reactions: GBJ
Really need to consider starting training sorting a manager and arranging some pre season friendlies!

Would like to see them give Southend Manor a friendly. Can socially distance round that ground.

50 days to sign a manager, players and train.

What do people think happens first - We sign a player or play a game? Inc friendlies.

It normally takes the EFL about 4 weeks after the playoffs have completed to finalise next seasons fixtures. As a pure guesstimate and given the current circumstances I would think that they would try and complete that in half the time to provide clubs with sufficient time to prepare for next season. On that basis I predict the release of the new fixtures in the second week of August. Pure conjecture I know, but things are beginning to happen.

It normally takes the EFL about 4 weeks after the playoffs have completed to finalise next seasons fixtures. As a pure guesstimate and given the current circumstances I would think that they would try and complete that in half the time to provide clubs with sufficient time to prepare for next season. On that basis I predict the release of the new fixtures in the second week of August. Pure conjecture I know, but things are beginning to happen.
Wouldn’t want to be Sheffield Wednesday or Derby, think they could both receive deductions and potentially send them down. Could be a reprieve for some of the clubs in the relegation zone at the moment. They certainly need to sort that out before releasing the fixtures.

I agree and not only that, we need to know the winner of the National League play off. That game takes place on 2nd August, with the winner taking the last place in League 2.

Back