• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

September the 12th start date

If the season starts on September 12th and ends 8th/9th May, that will mean a lot of games in quick succession. There will be a lot more midweek games naturally. We really are going to need to be able to use our whole squad to get through that. I really hope we have some strength in depth to do it!

If the season starts on September 12th and ends 8th/9th May, that will mean a lot of games in quick succession. There will be a lot more midweek games naturally. We really are going to need to be able to use our whole squad to get through that. I really hope we have some strength in depth to do it!

It’s a good job we get knocked out of the cups at the first opportunity to reduce the amount of games..

50 days away. We need to seriously think about entertaining the idea of naming a caretaker manager (Fagan/Duncan) just to get the players in training

What's the odds the padlock on Boots and Laces is rusted up solid even if the could find the keys!

looking for my boots think they maybe needed.

What's the odds the padlock on Boots and Laces is rusted up solid even if the could find the keys!

That might be the least of the worries, dread to think what RH will look like inside after having been locked up for so long! At least B&L is quite secure. There will be fox, rat and bird poo everywhere!

Is anyone else confused by this?

the clubs all voted to end the last season as playing behind closed doors would have put a lot of them out of business yet they've agreed to start the new season before they know whether fans are allowed back in.

anyone want to start a sweepstake on the first club to go into administration? I'll go for Hull

That might be the least of the worries, dread to think what RH will look like inside after having been locked up for so long! At least B&L is quite secure. There will be fox, rat and bird poo everywhere!
There was poo on the pitch for most of last season so we should be used to it by now

the clubs all voted to end the last season as playing behind closed doors would have put a lot of them out of business yet they've agreed to start the new season before they know whether fans are allowed back in.

anyone want to start a sweepstake on the first club to go into administration? I'll go for Hull
I suppose most clubs are still getting the season ticket money in now for next season.
Not sure how many people will now buy a full price season ticket with the possibility of missing 3 or 4 games at the start and then maybe missing more if you are not lucky with the restricted number ballot.

Not sure the reduced capacity will affect our season ticket holders though as I can't see us shifting more than 2,500. But some clubs with 75% season ticket holders will have problems.

I suppose most clubs are still getting the season ticket money in now for next season.
Not sure how many people will now buy a full price season ticket with the possibility of missing 3 or 4 games at the start and then maybe missing more if you are not lucky with the restricted number ballot.

Not sure the reduced capacity will affect our season ticket holders though as I can't see us shifting more than 2,500. But some clubs with 75% season ticket holders will have problems.

Will the club try to pull the wool over our eyes with season tickets? If say there are 20 home games left when we can eventually attend, at say £15 a game (which is less than a £50 reduction on last seasons price) £300 is still going to seem steep, especially if they knock 5 games off for last season. I think they will go down the route of five free game off the season ticket. Knocking £75 off instead of nearly £86. 3500 x £11 soon adds up.

Will the club try to pull the wool over our eyes with season tickets? If say there are 20 home games left when we can eventually attend, at say £15 a game (which is less than a £50 reduction on last seasons price) £300 is still going to seem steep, especially if they knock 5 games off for last season. I think they will go down the route of five free game off the season ticket. Knocking £75 off instead of nearly £86. 3500 x £11 soon adds up.
No idea but having a season ticket might be the only way of seeing a game maybe until Christmas.
Not sure on what other clubs are doing, but a few seem to be selling at full price still.

Hasn't that honour gone to Wigan ?

No idea but having a season ticket might be the only way of seeing a game maybe until Christmas.
Not sure on what other clubs are doing, but a few seem to be selling at full price still.

I think you’re probably correct, especially if away games have very limited away capacities. It could be prioritised for STH to get first dibs.

I think the teams that have been selling full price season tickets have gambled on getting a full seasons viewing. A bit naughty doing that, but I guess they were getting funds in at the expense of their fans. The kind of thing I expected us to do!

I think you’re probably correct, especially if away games have very limited away capacities. It could be prioritised for STH to get first dibs.

I think the teams that have been selling full price season tickets have gambled on getting a full seasons viewing. A bit naughty doing that, but I guess they were getting funds in at the expense of their fans. The kind of thing I expected us to do!

It’s very surprising that they haven’t started selling season tickets especially with our current financial issues.

It’s very surprising that they haven’t started selling season tickets especially with our current financial issues.

I would imagine there will be an announcement this week now the a fixture start date has been announced.

I would imagine there will be an announcement this week now the a fixture start date has been announced.

Along with a new manager and a couple of new signings to pose with the new shirt :Whistling:

Back