• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

September the 12th start date

It appears quite a few clubs have got their training up and running with testing for staff and players outside the training grounds. I'm not sure southend currently has anyone with the financial capacity still actively working to organize pre season set up. !! It seems there's no knowledge of friendlies etc and little planning for players to resume proper training. Plus of course no manager.
I'm starting to fear it's going g to go to the wire whether FF money materialised before it's too late.
I know things may change very quickly and I hope they do.

Reactions: GBJ
Did our players actually go on furlough in the end? if not surely they've been training the whole time

Did our players actually go on furlough in the end? if not surely they've been training the whole time
Definitely 5 or 6 higher earners were \still are.
Hopefully I'm sure they will have stayed in shape and maybe non furloughed ones have been training somehow.

Having read a little bit more about the restart of crowds in October there are a few things to worry about or at least to consider.

Firstly, crowds allowed will vary between 17% and 33%.

Secondly, as we all know is the importance of social distancing. Nothing new so far you say. Consider how you get to your seat. My seat in the East Blacks requires me to walk through the clear plastic tunnel and a very tight passage way past the food bar and toilets. I would have thought this makes it difficult for this part and other parts of the East Stand to comply.

Does the same apply to other parts of the ground?

It appears quite a few clubs have got their training up and running with testing for staff and players outside the training grounds. I'm not sure southend currently has anyone with the financial capacity still actively working to organize pre season set up. !! It seems there's no knowledge of friendlies etc and little planning for players to resume proper training. Plus of course no manager.
I'm starting to fear it's going g to go to the wire whether FF money materialised before it's too late.
I know things may change very quickly and I hope they do.

I'd like to see us focus on local friendlies, Concord, Canvey, Southend Manor, Great Wakering.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but could clubs not do a deal with ifollow and anyone who's purchased a season ticket get to watch games while not being able to physically attend?
Not sure how ifollow works but like Sky showing prem games free to air (and getting their biggest audience) could this work?

There still seems to be a lot of confusion over this.

The players that were furloughed more recently, the idea seems to be that they refused to be furloughed, what actually happened was that they refused to be furloughed with the same ambiguity originally offered to the others and wanted assurances that the outstanding money would be paid back eventually, in the same way as the original 7 players!

However, yes In short, all players are currently furloughed.

I guess until end of July because if they aren’t back to work for August I can assure you with No pre season, a second relegation is all but certain.

Of course they are professional athletes so I’d be shocked if they weren’t keeping themselves fit individually.

Given the process of recruiting a manager also underway it makes obvious sense for us to come back to training 1st week Aug 1) You get Aug furlough payments 2) this will probably coincide with an announcement on the manager front.

In a normal season it would be back around 1st July for second week Aug league start, so 1st Aug is the same in terms of a pre-season?

In a normal season it would be back around 1st July for second week Aug league start, so 1st Aug is the same in terms of a pre-season?

You’re not factoring in the off-season. A typical off-season break, lasts for around 8 weeks (May to July)

If we resume training in the first week of August, that will be around 20 weeks since we last played or trained.

Big difference. Hence the need for a longer pre-season, which other clubs have opted for.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but could clubs not do a deal with ifollow and anyone who's purchased a season ticket get to watch games while not being able to physically attend?
Not sure how ifollow works but like Sky showing prem games free to air (and getting their biggest audience) could this work?
If you buy an Adult season ticket for £350+ and you are one of the unlucky ones to be told you can't attend matches, would you be happy though just being given free access to ifollow?

Having read a little bit more about the restart of crowds in October there are a few things to worry about or at least to consider.

Firstly, crowds allowed will vary between 17% and 33%.

Secondly, as we all know is the importance of social distancing. Nothing new so far you say. Consider how you get to your seat. My seat in the East Blacks requires me to walk through the clear plastic tunnel and a very tight passage way past the food bar and toilets. I would have thought this makes it difficult for this part and other parts of the East Stand to comply.

Does the same apply to other parts of the ground?
Yeah all parts of the ground pretty bad especially the South Upper.
You would think we would be one of the lower capacities allowed, so maybe a reduced capacity as low as 2,000 to 3,000 max.

If you buy an Adult season ticket for £350+ and you are one of the unlucky ones to be told you can't attend matches, would you be happy though just being given free access to ifollow?
Tbh I thought even with reduced capacity it would be more than STH but seems maybe not the case.

the decision on capacity needs to be made very soon so that clubs can have an idea of what kind of budget they are likely to have for next season, if this drags on into the transfer window there are going to be a lot of unemployed former footballers about.

the decision on capacity needs to be made very soon so that clubs can have an idea of what kind of budget they are likely to have for next season, if this drags on into the transfer window there are going to be a lot of unemployed former footballers about.

Need a manager first, will be at least another week I think on that front.

A £10 iFollow access for a £15-£16 ST game? I think that is the reason a lot of people won't bother. I might get a ST for the second half of the season, but it's a see what happens situation.

It's what Wycombe are planning, BTW!!

A £10 iFollow access for a £15-£16 ST game? I think that is the reason a lot of people won't bother. I might get a ST for the second half of the season, but it's a see what happens situation.

It's what Wycombe are planning, BTW!!
But until the time to attend you would get away games also?
Didn't know about Wycombe,
I'd be gutted to lose my seat tbh.

I think it is quite concerning actually that we are not back in training or at least to have some originations in process given that the start is possibly only 6 weeks away
We woud normally start training for the usual August 5/6 start on July 1st or thereabouts so a September 12th start would mean training to begin around the beginning of next so no drama there yet. Not sure what “originations” are though.

Callum Taylor

@callumtaylor02

We are back. Ready for pre season.

Soccer ball

Raising hands

Season tickets haven't been on sale because there aren't any ticket office staff. They are all furloughed.

Suspect this goes for the majority of employees. At the moment, the club is effectively in hibernation but I expect most will be back to work very soon now there is a start date.

Preparation for the season is of course going to be extremely difficult with such a tight turnaround, luckily we don't have a lot of history of numerous injury issues. Oh.

Yes some clubs are back in training but I don't imagine for one second we are the only ones having serious cash flow problems at the moment.

I believe the players are due to begin pre-season training very soon.

Back