• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your thoughts

• Total voters

Razam

Coach
Yes I know podcasts are old school, but I've just started listening to this one (recommended to be by a work colleague) and am hooked :stunned:
I'm umming & erring each episode as to whether he's guilty or not.

In brief; based in the US, a guy has been locked up for the last 15 years for the murder of his ex girlfriend. He has claimed innocence since the beginning. An investigative journo has started looking into the case, and uncovered numerous things that cast doubts on his convictions, as well as revealing other things which throw doubts on his innocence.
It is a true story with phonecalls from prisons, recording of witness statements & court proceedings, etc..
No-one know what the outcome will be.

http://serialpodcast.org/

Any one else following it?

Downloaded the first episode to listen to on the train and I've just downloaded all of the others. It's quite absorbing and a great recommendation. Looking forward to my commute tomorrow now.

Loving it, seven and a half episodes in at the moment. I have but one complaint....

"Mail.....kimp?"

Had a few people talking about this. Might get involved

To get the most of it, you really do need to concentrate as it is very detailed, e.g. I won't listen if driving in bad conditions or along roads I don't know. It's not a 'background noise' kind of listen. Highly recommended nonetheless.

To get the most of it, you really do need to concentrate as it is very detailed, e.g. I won't listen if driving in bad conditions or along roads I don't know. It's not a 'background noise' kind of listen. Highly recommended nonetheless.

Agree with that. It took a little while for me to 'listen' to it.

Downloaded the first episode to listen to on the train and I've just downloaded all of the others. It's quite absorbing and a great recommendation. Looking forward to my commute tomorrow now.

Yep same thing I did - perfect for my commute.

That's true, especially when they play the police interview recordings...not always the best quality.

No episode this week as the yanks need to thank everybody (Thanks giving). Bit of a bummer - is it not? :winking:

For those who have listened to it so far.....Guilty or Not Guilty?

I've just started number 4 and at this stage I'm thinking not guilty. My wife has listened to 8 of them today(!) and will listen to number 9 tomorrow. She won't discuss it with me yet so not to sway my thinking.

I stared this yesterday, and I am hooked.

Listened to the first 4.

My key thoughts at this point are:

1) Not sure if he is guilty, but if he is then it didn't happen as Jay described.
2) The fact he was convicted "beyond reasonable doubt" entirely based on Jay's ever changing story seems bizarre.
3) Mr S knows more than he admitted to. Maybe saw her being buried?

My take on it (after listening to all the episodes so far)...
Verdict: Not Guilty....but there may be something he's not saying...possibly covering for Jay out of some loyalty/revenge motivation :unsure:. I don't really buy his "Jay lied. Oh well...sh*t happens".
Jay seems the obvious culprit, his story is so full of holes, its a surprise it even got to trial, and quite lazy by the cops not to start suspecting him.
Although in the back of my mind I do also think they may have both had some involvement in the murder - but not sure in what way.

Can we use spoiler tags for discussing the actual case please

1.5 episodes in and it's great. Perfect for the motorway

Given how ****ing annoying Adnan's defence lawyer was, I can't really blame the jury for sending him down.

Upto No.5 just loving it - my usual podcasts have been pushed to one side.

Spoiler:  
Not Guilty!

Having now listened to all 9 - I am looking forward to 10.

I might have missed it early on, but can someone explain how/why the police decided upon the 21 minute window?

Spoiler:  
I ask, as if they're right and she did indeed die in those 21 minutes, then Adnan is absolutely not guilty.

That being said, I don't think she could have died in those 21 minutes - which possibly bring Adnan back into the frame.

So much of this case seems very odd to me, and I was very surprised that the expert (Trautman?) thought the cops had done a good job.

I can't get my head around this "If Jay is telling the truth, in that Adnan murdered her, then why would he lie about so many of the details?"

I might have missed it early on, but can someone explain how/why the police decided upon the 21 minute window?

Spoiler:  
serial_tl_1-6_770.png

Having now listened to all 9 - I am looking forward to 10.

Spoiler:  
From what I recall it was down to the phone records.
The cops were able to verify each of the calls made to Adnan's mobile phone (in Jays possession) except the one at 3.26pm (i think that was the time), which they say is the "Come & get me" call. And the last time Hae was seen (according to the cops) was by the gym at 3.05pm when she bought those snacks.
So based on that, the cops believe the murder happened in these 21 minutes.

someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've just downloaded Episode 10 - ready for my commute home :)

Back