• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bobby dazzler

Manager
Why oh Why has someone decided to bring a drum in the South Lower directly behind the goal ?

Please tell this young man firstly that the Tom Tom Drum he has makes a noise that is so high pitched it might as well be him playing a Triangle.

Secondly if he is going to bring one then PLEEEEEEEASE make it a Base Drum.

Thirdly, and most importantly, Learn how to beat the damn thing to the rhythm of the chant, not half cocked and out of beat !!!!!

Fourthly, Learn some decent chants.

Not knocking the young mans enthusiasm but he may find it shoved over his head if it continues.

Another annoying thing about the South Lower is as the crowds grow, so does the amount of annoying little kids that come to watch.

Its not that great for seeing anything over the half way line , but its great for the second half action (and its cheap)

Family enclosure pah, I pay my money and sit where I like. (or where my young son and friend want to) :whistling::blush:

Why oh Why has someone decided to bring a drum in the South Lower directly behind the goal ?

Please tell this young man firstly that the Tom Tom Drum he has makes a noise that is so high pitched it might as well be him playing a Triangle.

Secondly if he is going to bring one then PLEEEEEEEASE make it a Base Drum.

Thirdly, and most importantly, Learn how to beat the damn thing to the rhythm of the chant, not half cocked and out of beat !!!!!

Fourthly, Learn some decent chants.

Not knocking the young mans enthusiasm but he may find it shoved over his head if it continues.

Another annoying thing about the South Lower is as the crowds grow, so does the amount of annoying little kids that come to watch.

Its not that great for seeing anything over the half way line , but its great for the second half action (and its cheap)

Family enclosure pah, I pay my money and sit where I like. (or where my young son and friend want to) :whistling::blush:

The annoying little kids are the future of this club. Long after you or I stop going/die these kids will be the backbone of our support.

The drum doesn't belong to a 10 year old. It belongs to the admin of the "Southend Till I Die" Facebook page, and this drum is all he as been going on about for weeks! He's about 20-odd...

You can't really moan about little kids when you choose to sit in the family stand, but I could hear this drum from the West and it was irritating me so I can imagine it must have been annoying for you. Let him have his fun, but if he continues to be a nuisance perhaps someone ought to have a word with him.

If you dont like little kids near you dont sit in the family enclosure.

Who choses the south lower anyway!?

The drum doesn't belong to a 10 year old. It belongs to the admin of the "Southend Till I Die" Facebook page, and this drum is all he as been going on about for weeks! He's about 20-odd...

I could see him from where I sat, he didnt look 20.

It was that young man's 10th birthday on Saturday, give him a break!

You sound like one of those mums who when their little darling starts running and kicking your leg in the supermarket says 'they're just playing'.

I think these kids should be applauded. At least their here and not jumping on a train to London to watch one of the Premiership teams. They are our future so let's not drive them away.

I think these kids should be applauded. At least their here and not jumping on a train to London to watch one of the Premiership teams. They are our future so let's not drive them away.

Exactly.

Dont sit next to me though :smile:

South lower must offer the worst view in world football especially the front row,They should allow full drum kit accompanied by several guitarist's whilst the little children engage in games annoying everyone yet their parents are filled with pride.

Never sit in SL.

Drums should be confined to the west stand only. Who assumes that everybody likes to here a drum at a football match. Blxxdy annoying when you're sat near one. Why should people in the south bank lower have to put up with it. If he was sat near me he'd get the drum over his head and the sticks up his nostrils.

Drums should be confined to the west stand only. Who assumes that everybody likes to here a drum at a football match. Blxxdy annoying when you're sat near one. Why should people in the south bank lower have to put up with it. If he was sat near me he'd get the drum over his head and the sticks up his nostrils.

Pretty much how I feel. Keep drums in the singing areas, or at the very least where seating is unallocated

If you dont like little kids near you dont sit in the family enclosure.

Who choses the south lower anyway!?

I could see him from where I sat, he didnt look 20.

The admin of that facebook page is. Maybe a younger relative or friend was playing it, but the drum is his.

The South lower was populated by many 'first timers' as part of the free tickets at infant schools.
Yes a bit annoying , but we need to get these kids interested early and the club should be applauded for that.

The admin of that facebook page is. Maybe a younger relative or friend was playing it, but the drum is his.

Yes but it wasnt a facebook page sitting there with drumsticks.

What counts is who had the drum, not who paid for it, and it looked like a kid to me.

So a 10 year old lad celebrating his birthday, brings a drum along and enjoys himself getting behind his team.

What is the problem?

Good on him for supporting his local side.

I hope he had a great day and continues supporting the boys.

FFS, yes lets make SUFC an exclusive supporters club for the non-drum banging elite. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread these younger fans are the future of the club and we should be encouraging vocal support. The South Lower has no atmosphere at the best of times, I really can't see what the problem is here?

So a 10 year old lad celebrating his birthday, brings a drum along and enjoys himself getting behind his team.

What is the problem?

Good on him for supporting his local side.

I hope he had a great day and continues supporting the boys.

That's it may be really annoying for people sat near it?

People sat nearby might have been first timers celebrating their birthday too and now they might not fancy coming along again.

I don't mind drums in the singing sections, especially when you can choose to sit as close or as far as you want. However having them pop up in random parts of the ground is going to annoy people.

Back