• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Set Pieces

Barmy Army

Director
Does set pieces improve as quickly as stamina?

Asking as I've now finished 2 weeks of stamina training, and there's not much room for more improvement from most players' stamina so thought I'd improve their set pieces which may prove vital for next year.

Ta

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ May 19 2005,23:30)]Does set pieces improve as quickly as stamina?

Asking as I've now finished 2 weeks of stamina training, and there's not much room for more improvement from most players' stamina so thought I'd improve their set pieces which may prove vital for next year.

Ta
With a Solid Coach I have found it about the same as Stamina BA

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ May 20 2005,06:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ May 19 2005,23:30)]Does set pieces improve as quickly as stamina?

Ta
With a Solid Coach I have found it about the same as Stamina BA
Cheers

smile.gif

Stamina training update....

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1 x Formidable
7 x Excellent
3 x Solid
6 x Passable
3 x Inadequate
2 x Weak

1 x formidable
12 x excellent
4 x solid
3 x passable
2 x weak (yep, neither of the weak ones popped - to**ers!)

Main IM at passable, praying for a double pop this week.  Form in tatters, will be a slow start to the season!

I've not suffered with form drops whilst training stamina, probably something to do with playing a qualifier

All IMs have excellent stamina, and the only disappointing thing is that my formidable winger only has passable stamina, but I won't waste another week in just getting his stamina up.

Had some decent stamina pops again this week. Still got 4 below passable though. Including my 2 GKs. Does low stamina effect Goalies in the same way as Outfield players?

Form isn't dropping across the team but one or two players have nose dived.

TSI has rocketed on players with improving stamina. Feeling more confident for next season now. Hoping for a top half finish!

When should I be switching back to my regular training?

Should I keep going with Stamina for one more week?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ May 20 2005,11:10)]When should I be switching back to my regular training?

Should I keep going with Stamina for one more week?
if you still need it then train stamina this week I am then I will switch to scoring next friday.

Just one week's training leaves me with a formidable, 7 excellents and 4 solids. My guess is at Div 6 level this should be good enough. I've already switched back to defending as I need some pops sooner rather than later to get me out of the financial hole I'm in.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ May 20 2005,08:41)]1 x formidable
12 x excellent
4 x solid
3 x passable
2 x weak (yep, neither of the weak ones popped - to**ers!)
15 x excellent
3 x solid
2 x inadequate
1 x weak

Annoyingly my future coach I bought this week didn't pop from inadequate. The weak guy is injured.

Form however is really in trouble, our current first XI sits thus:

Solid x1
Passable x3
Inadequate x5
Weak x4

Yuck! Back to defending training this week.

Yep, my form is sufferring too as a result of all this stamina training; however, the end is nigh - fingers crossed, only one more week of stamina training is needed; after that, finally, I can go back to scoring.

Oh, and as for the MtS-style update, basically the whole squad is excellent apart from the new signing (solid) and some YPs.

Matt

Well I've quit stamina training now. With the following:

6 exc
5 Sol
2 Pass
4 Inad (including 2 GK)
2 Weak

Still a few need improving but my form is taking a bit of a hit and I need to get going with normal training again.
Form:

4 Solid
4 Pass
2 inad
5 Weak
2 Dis
2 Wre

Is now a good time to switch to PM training? The majority of my side have at least passable stamina, is that enough for VI? Or should i do another week of stamina to really improve it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Museshrimper @ May 27 2005,15:33)]Is now a good time to switch to PM training? The majority of my side have at least passable stamina, is that enough for VI? Or should i do another week of stamina to really improve it?
Go the extra week muse then switch to PM

Back