• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Benfleet A1

Hector Of The House
Just to put this to bed. It appears that I have rattled a few feelings with my hating France thread so to put the record straight heres a couple of confessions.

I proposed to my missus at the top of The Eiffel Tower during a romantic trip to Paris, had one of the best meals of my life there and spent three wonderful days wandering around the sites of a beautiful city.

I drive a Citroen and have brought three of them in the past seven years.

I have had to go to France to collect vehicles on several occasions and have always encountered the hight of politeness and good manners from the garages I have dealt with.

The roads are excellent.

The motels I have stayed in are top notch, reasonably priced and always have a decent restaurant tagged onto them.

I love frogs legs.

So in short, France is not all bad.

But I still hate Charles De Gaulle.

Just to put this to bed. It appears that I have rattled a few feelings with my hating France thread so to put the record straight heres a couple of confessions.

I proposed to my missus at the top of The Eiffel Tower during a romantic trip to Paris, had one of the best meals of my life there and spent three wonderful days wandering around the sites of a beautiful city.

I have had to go to France to collect vehicles on several occasions and have always encountered the hight of politeness and good manners from the garages I have dealt with.

The roads are excellent.

The motels I have stayed in are top notch, reasonably priced and always have a decent restaurant tagged onto them.

I love frogs legs.

Al like I said just take it out on Belgium

The roads are excellent.

I love frogs legs.

And for the record i would like to state that your thread did not offend me my wife or kids in any way what so ever.My reply was a attempt to stop any more brits moving out here and spoiling it.
Although to be honest the posts by 2 other posters did offend me.
Humor is in the eye of the reader Al and i say print and be dammed.

We haven't got anything you can warm in an oven so it goes to the right consistency for dipping hunks of french bread into like you can with a camembert, Harry! A very simple, but delicious meal, try it!

We haven't got anything you can warm in an oven so it goes to the right consistency for dipping hunks of french bread into like you can with a camembert, Harry! A very simple, but delicious meal, try it!

I have tried that, and it does make a good meal, however I am not a fan, and my post was tongue in cheek. But I firmly believe that British Cheese is the best you can buy. As an aside Sainsbury's do a very good Brie from Cornwall.

Another confession back on topic as i dont think this was a cheese thread is that pre 2005 i to hated france having been on booze runs and doing the 98 world cup being my only experiance of the place.
Came out in june 2005 for a few days to a mates farm house and hated every day,everywhere was closed and nothing to do,but id already paid for a week in august for 10 of us(bum).
Came out in august and we just joked how crap the area was,had a barny with the daughters boyfriend and spent lots of time just driving around with the baby to keep out of his way,so two days and the wife and i started to warm to the area,very old very clean very pretty.
came out again in the sept and brought a run down farm house over looking carp lakes with the idea of moving out in 20 years or so.Completed in feb 2006, i spent a month putting in a floor and making one room livable whilst sleeping in the back of my van because i was scared of the small fluffy creatures.
Wife came out in march and didnt want to go back,happy days niether did i(didnt think she could poo in a bucket but she did).
Wife and kids moved out here in august 2006 and me in the sept,its been fun and now i love the place mainly because its not britain.
So Al i was that man just like you.
And harry i confess to buying english cheddar here more than french cheese.

Another confession back on topic as i dont think this was a cheese thread is that pre 2005 i to hated france having been on booze runs and doing the 98 world cup being my only experiance of the place.
Came out in june 2005 for a few days to a mates farm house and hated every day,everywhere was closed and nothing to do,but id already paid for a week in august for 10 of us(bum).
Came out in august and we just joked how crap the area was,had a barny with the daughters boyfriend and spent lots of time just driving around with the baby to keep out of his way,so two days and the wife and i started to warm to the area,very old very clean very pretty.
came out again in the sept and brought a run down farm house over looking carp lakes with the idea of moving out in 20 years or so.Completed in feb 2006, i spent a month putting in a floor and making one room livable whilst sleeping in the back of my van because i was scared of the small fluffy creatures.
Wife came out in march and didnt want to go back,happy days niether did i(didnt think she could poo in a bucket but she did).
Wife and kids moved out here in august 2006 and me in the sept,its been fun and now i love the place mainly because its not britain.
So Al i was that man just like you.
And harry i confess to buying english cheddar here more than french cheese.

Saying about France 98 I would have to say that we were treated very well by the froggies at various campsites etc throughout the 5 weeks I had the pleasure of being there. Like most places people in the main or capital cities tend to be a bit less friendly and its fair to say in Paris complete arseholes but hey who are we to judge. Brazilians are meant to be the most fun loving happy people in the world but you will also find alot of ******s in Sao Paulo like all other cities in the world there are good and bad.

Back