• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This thread ties in nicely with the survey one, why don't minorities go to football. Sexism seems ok when the Blue Belles are outside the hall selling us crap, or lottery tickets at half time but other than that lets all be 'new men'.

Being so young and so scantily dressed I would have thought that would attract a certain type of 'minority'. I mean they've almost groomed them selves already.

On the other hand if we want to attract say a corporate class of minority, may I suggest the Burka Belles
there is nothing 'new' about showing respect

I like OBL as she says what most are thinking, but from a female perspective.

Delusion No.1

It feels like people are trying to drain all emotion from the game - that's obviously condemning the Chelsea fans

Explain that comment. Go on, I dare you.

I'm slowly falling out of love with the beautiful game... 

Bye then.

It's true, though. I've never understood why more women are not grateful when ugly men pickled in lager say approving things about their bodies in front of their mates. Some people just want to ruin the fun for this, the most impressive demographic group. Bloody do-gooders.

My heart bleeds for the plight of the white, heterosexual male. Everybody's trying to spoil their innocent fun these days. When will somebody for once listen to the views of this marginalised group?

Seems sexism is the new racism in football, are authorities really saying they would throw people out for what most know is just a bit of banter?

I've walked round the pitch many times and have had the "get your tits out" thing chanted, it's part and parcel isn't it? And I'm pretty sure the Chelsea physio or doctor, whatever she is, is used to it and immune to it? Although, it was interesting that both Man City and United denied it had gone on until they were shown the proof!

In my opinion, sometimes those do-gooders just go a little too far, football will become a sterile environment.

Can't be us anyway , our fans don't chant much at most games, just moan a lot..............

OBL doesn't have a female perspective she just has her perspective and happens to be female. She doesn't claim to speak for 50% of the population just for herself. She speaks her mind as do I and as do you. You just respect her for doing that now because she is saying something you agree with. Everyone on this thread has said what they are thinking, I don't know why you would assume the majority wouldn't do that.

Jesus. Have a little watch of the below and put some of your repetitive and tiresome whining into perspective! :thumbsup:

[video=youtube;JvUeirYzcXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvUeirYzcXE[/video]

Jesus. Have a little watch of the below and put some of your repetitive and tiresome whining into perspective! :thumbsup:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JvUeirYzcXE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Can't view your link as it's not been set up properly.
There was nothing repetitive in my post, it was a direct response to yours. I don't whine I agitate. You seem to hanker for a time before you were even born. The 70's were **** and most people have moved on, a few people are still stuck in that time and they can't cope with the fact that those days are gone.

For sexism to exist there needs to be discrimination on the grounds of prejudice i.e. men are better women. I don't think that is the case here. The songs are not claiming any male superiority in any way. They are plainly insulting but that does not constitute sexism.

Kicking sexism out of football relates to gender discrimination. Where is this to be found exactly?

Can't view your link as it's not been set up properly.
There was nothing repetitive in my post, it was a direct response to yours. I don't whine I agitate. You seem to hanker for a time before you were even born. The 70's were **** and most people have moved on, a few people are still stuck in that time and they can't cope with the fact that those days are gone.

You are hilariously miserable :hilarious:

A female friend of mine is constantly subjected to men leering at her , trying to touch her and shouting all sorts of obscenities.
Some days she is totally distraught and gets really depressed about it all , using me as a sounding board for the awful abuse she receives.

I do have some sympathy , but point out that it was her choice to work in a strip club...................

I like OBL as she says what most are thinking, but from a female perspective. It's true that some cross the line, but I don't think there is any malicious intent 95% of the time.

It feels like people are trying to drain all emotion from the game - that's obviously condemning the Chelsea fans, Karen Brady is a w**** etc - but on the pitch too: good hard tackles, personalities (where are the Cantonas, Vinnie Jones and Roy Keanes gone?) and the passion from the terraces.

I'm slowly falling out of love with the beautiful game... &#55357;&#56850;

Falling out of love with football because you cant be part of a baying mob hurling abuse ?

Unfortunately that says more about you than it does about the state of football

You are hilariously miserable :hilarious:
I don't expect you to stalk me so no hard feelings that you haven't picked up on the fact that I am hilariously funny half the time. The other half of the time I am not miserable I'm just active about speaking out about the **** that some people spout and expect it to go unquestioned. I would like to nominate myself for man of the year. I am ****ing ace.

For sexism to exist there needs to be discrimination on the grounds of prejudice i.e. men are better women. I don't think that is the case here. The songs are not claiming any male superiority in any way. They are plainly insulting but that does not constitute sexism.

Kicking sexism out of football relates to gender discrimination. Where is this to be found exactly?
In the fact that men don't have tits (yes some look like they have but they still haven't) so 'get your tits out' is clearly only aimed at women.

I don't expect you to stalk me so no hard feelings that you haven't picked up on the fact that I am hilariously funny half the time. The other half of the time I am not miserable I'm just active about speaking out about the **** that some people spout and expect it to go unquestioned. I would like to nominate myself for man of the year. I am ****ing ace.

Clearly sexist

Back