• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shouting "get your tits out" is about as funny as shouting "run Forrest, run!" when you see someone sprinting for a bus. I'm not having the banter defence used here.

Falling out of love with football because you cant be part of a baying mob hurling abuse ?

Unfortunately that says more about you than it does about the state of football

I wasn't condoning it at all - quite the opposite. But there's always something new to moan about, and it's a little tiresome. Just enjoy the match, ignore the idiots (very small minority) and be happy!

Seems sexism is the new racism in football, are authorities really saying they would throw people out for what most know is just a bit of banter?

I've walked round the pitch many times and have had the "get your tits out" thing chanted, it's part and parcel isn't it? And I'm pretty sure the Chelsea physio or doctor, whatever she is, is used to it and immune to it? Although, it was interesting that both Man City and United denied it had gone on until they were shown the proof!

In my opinion, sometimes those do-gooders just go a little too far, football will become a sterile environment.
It became a sterile environment years ago and just gets more and more so. Whatever happened to the home advantage of intimidating every aspect of the visiting opposition. In the last 2/3 years I've not only been to RH and the usual SUFC away games but as a neutral to, Portman Road, The Etihad, Old Trafford, The Reebok, DW etc. Bigger crowds but all just as dull in atmosphere !!!

Personally I find Johnny woman to be a curious creature at the best of times, and am not entirely convinced that football is a natural habitat for them to found in.
Having said that like any rare species they are / have been at the Hall, either dancing on the pitch at half time, serving burgers or wandering around in hot pants flogging raffle tickets in the car park.

Albie Coopers missus has been going with him since the late sixties, and is an absolute credit (always makes sure he has a flask of tea and a sandwich at half time).

I say we should would welcome women at football, lets be seen as a progressive club that actively encourages them to be at the Hall as the above examples prove we were ....perhaps a women only area where they can gossip away to their hearts content, or put on seminars where well respected SZ pundits such as Jam Man and Yorkshire Blue explain how the game works and should be played or even a Miss SUFC competition.

Lets get women involved rather than driving them away.

Personally I find Johnny woman to be a curious creature at the best of times, and am not entirely convinced that football is a natural habitat for them to found in.
Having said that like any rare species they are / have been at the Hall, either dancing on the pitch at half time, serving burgers or wandering around in hot pants flogging raffle tickets in the car park.

Albie Coopers missus has been going with him since the late sixties, and is an absolute credit (always makes sure he has a flask of tea and a sandwich at half time).

I say we should would welcome women at football, lets be seen as a progressive club that actively encourages them to be at the Hall as the above examples prove we were ....perhaps a women only area where they can gossip away to their hearts content, or put on seminars where well respected SZ pundits such as Jam Man and Yorkshire Blue explain how the game works and should be played or even a Miss SUFC competition.

I can see there being fireworks if mrsblue is in attendance

Its simple we need more kitchens, dishwashers and laundry rooms at SUFC so the women can feel at home on match days whilst the guys concentrate on a few beers and the football.

Kay is this something you can take up with the Trust? :spread:

Its simple we need more kitchens, dishwashers and laundry rooms at SUFC so the women can feel at home on match days whilst the guys concentrate on a few beers and the football.

Kay is this something you can take up with the Trust? :spread:

Isn't Kay involved with the Junior Blues (and does an excellent job), how many women could go to to the football if say there was some sort of creche?

Also I can't ever remember seeing a Dwarve or midget ( Peter Beardsley excluded) at football isn't it high time we as the football community do something for them?

I think they should actually have an ironing area within the ground..perhaps have the board sponsored by their favourite player.

I have a host of ideas that will work for ladies attending the game :winking:

Passion surely is jumping up and down when BBBC sticks the ball in the net, or Dan Bentley saves a penalty? Unsure what telling a woman to "get her tits out" has to do with passion.

His views on women in general have been well voiced on here before.

When i sometimes collect my kid from junior school, i will regually get wolf whistled by the other mothers there, but i just put it down to the fact that i am a very handsome chap, and that the ladies just cant help themselves, just one of pitfulls of being good looking i surpose. :smile:

Snr.

When i sometimes collect my kid from junior school, i will regually get wolf whistled by the other mothers there, but i just put it down to the fact that i am a very handsome chap, and that the ladies just cant help themselves, just one of pitfulls of being good looking i surpose. :smile:

Snr.

I feel your pain,i have the same problem.

You nearly had me until well-respected.

Isn't Kay involved with the Junior Blues (and does an excellent job), how many women could go to to the football if say there was some sort of creche?

Also I can't ever remember seeing a Dwarve or midget ( Peter Beardsley excluded) at football isn't it high time we as the football community do something for them?

You haven't been recently have you?

So international women's day (this Sunday) is not sexist then? Where is International men's day? And what about the black music awards, where are the white music awards? And how come there is gay pride and no straight pride?

An whilst we're at it lets ban: the baldy songs, who ate all the pies, you fat bstrd, you dirty northern bstds etc.

Perhaps a list of permitted words should be published and we could all be given free George Orwell books for half time study, and be forced to do exercises before and after the game; in front of monitors to make sure we are doing them properly.

And I might add a group of women can be just as sexist as a group of men but nothing is said about that!

Back