• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SGE to be appointed Notts County boss today!

palexander

Life President
Sven-Goran Eriksson expected to be announced as Notts County's new manager today!?

New Arab owners + greedy swede makes perfect sense :D

Only mentioning this (besides the news factor) as I have a soft spot for County (used to live near there) and I think their set-up is at least CCC level and it used to utterly amaze me how they could never get their **** together.

Reminds me of when Keegan and Fayed started the revolution at Fulham, so dont discount County being in the Premier Leage in the next 4-5 years.

Shocking... Especially considering Portsmouth have yet to name a new full-time Manager and August is fast approaching.

Sven-Goran Eriksson expected to be announced as Notts County's new manager today!?

New Arab owners + greedy swede makes perfect sense :D

Only mentioning this (besides the news factor) as I have a soft spot for County (used to live near there) and I think their set-up is at least CCC level and it used to utterly amaze me how they could never get their **** together.

Reminds me of when Keegan and Fayed started the revolution at Fulham, so dont discount County being in the Premier Leage in the next 4-5 years.

According to BBC he's in talks with County about becoming Director of Football and not manager - maybe Steve MClaren is in line for the manager's job if Sven gets the top job!
It's not that long ago since County were in the top flight and I think many people would rather they suceeded than Forest with their arrogant fans

According to BBC he's in talks with County about becoming Director of Football and not manager - maybe Steve MClaren is in line for the manager's job if Sven gets the top job!
It's not that long ago since County were in the top flight and I think many people would rather they suceeded than Forest with their arrogant fans

Must be 25 years ago at least?

Now confirmed. Absolutely ridiculous. Good luck to them though. Fulham showed that exactly what Notts County are trying for is possible and I've always liked Sven.

Must be 25 years ago at least?

1992 i thinks

Cheers I couldn't be bothered to look it up. I would say 17 years ago is still quite a few seasons ago.
They wan't to get back to the top level within the next 10 years, that will be tough job even with millions of pounds being pumped into it.

Not gone for the money, but I bet Ā£2million a year helped to persuade him.

Just watched the BBC's new highlights show and I see Notts County have Lee Hughes and Luke Rodgers as their forwards. Most odious front line ever?

Back