• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sham Set to Win Olympic Stadium

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12412739

They're the preferred bidders of the Olympic Park Legacy Company, and it's widely expected that the government will back their recommendation.

AS much as I hate them, from everything I have heard it seems much more logical they get it then Spurs.....Im not sure what benefit Spurs were offering other than to themselves.

Shame for Orient though. (and I do genuinly mean that - as much fun as it is seeing rivals struggle, as Southend fans we shouldn't like seeing the little clubs shat upon.).

All well and good but for as much as I hate Orient this is NOT good news for them

Agreed, I don't much like Orient but this will hit them hard. Having said that, I didn't like the idea of Spurs moving to Stratford, just something not right about that.

What is going to happen to the Boleyn Ground?

Agreed, I don't much like Orient but this will hit them hard. Having said that, I didn't like the idea of Spurs moving to Stratford, just something not right about that.

What is going to happen to the Boleyn Ground?

Flats I'd imagine. Prime real estate ground.

I was under the impression that there was a rule about league clubs being a certain distance apart? Perhaps Orient & Spam can ground share?

I was under the impression that there was a rule about league clubs being a certain distance apart? Perhaps Orient & Spam can ground share?

You may well be right - the two sites are scary close aren't they? It wasn't until I saw an item on BBC London the other day that I realised just how close.

I believe the rule is the League would only sanction a Ground move if it didn't affect the catchment of another club. Clearly this does. Clearly the League will do nothing about it to protect the minnows.

All well and good but for as much as I hate Orient this is NOT good news for them

Agreed, although I definitely think that had Spurs won, then Orient would've come off even worse.

This is just another case of Prem clubs throwing their weight around, I'm afraid.

Even I feel sorry for Orient...I wonder how long it will be until League 2 has part time players and is just another semi-pro league.

220px-The_Hunt_for_Red_October_movie_poster.JPG

Missing sub alert

I believe the rule is the League would only sanction a Ground move if it didn't affect the catchment of another club. Clearly this does. Clearly the League will do nothing about it to protect the minnows.

Orient are already living in the shadow of W*** H**.

What will affect them is the provision of cheap tickets to school children as they desperately try to fill the ground.

Well surely (for the next few months at least) the League have no jurisdiction over West Ham?

It's not good news for Orient, but Spurs going there would have been even worse, what with the ground then being even bigger and West Ham already being neighbours of Orient anyway.

Spurs going there couldn't happen, for a number of reasons.

I like the way West Ham have 'hidden' the running track in this mock up picture of what the new ground will look like. They also choose the view from a corner seat where the fans are closer than any other part of the ground. There is no way the edge of the pitch will look as close as that in real like.

Also why in that picture is the Linesman well out of position?

Also they show a massive flag hanging over the side of a balcony, I bet that wont be allowed. Also far too many people in the ground.

I like the way West Ham have 'hidden' the running track in this mock up picture of what the new ground will look like. They also choose the view from a corner seat where the fans are closer than any other part of the ground. There is no way the edge of the pitch will look as close as that in real like.

Also why in that picture is the Linesman well out of position?

Also they show a massive flag hanging over the side of a balcony, I bet that wont be allowed. Also far too many people in the ground.

Karen Brady is Chief Executive of W*** H**.

Back