• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shame on Chesterfield, SUFC and the FA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Apparently minutes applause for Nelson TERRORIST Mandela tomorrow! Official post on Facebook from the club.

Sorry but I will shout a boo all the way through this, total joke don't involve football in all this, beyond belief!

I also do not agree with this. What the hell has he got to do with football? Maybe at rugby matches it would make sense but he had no involvement with football or really this country. The bandwagon just gets more and more pathetic as the years go on. What next will we be having a minutes silence for Paul Walker?

Why drag this out into another thread?

Why boo? Very disrespectful IMO, if you don't agree with it then don't join in - it really is that simple.

Why drag this out into another thread?

Why boo? Very disrespectful IMO, if you don't agree with it then don't join in - it really is that simple.

If I had time I would make a 6ft banner with terrorist written on

Any why is this is another thread because this has now become and SUFC match day subject that's why, whether you agree or not this still has NOTHING to do with football

He was a world icon. Between him and FW de Klerk so much was achieved. Personally I think Nelson Mandela atoned for his earlier crimes and certainly did more than any other individual to break down racial barriers and prejudices. Sport does this better than anything else so although he had no direct involvement per se in football, South Africa certainly wouldn't have hosted the World Cup if he hadn't campaigned in the way he did. You don't become a joint winner of the Nobel Peace Prize for nothing.

I think the general reporting of the death 24/7 through the media can be a bit OTT but a minutes applause I see no problem with.

Any why is this is another thread because this has now become and SUFC match day subject that's why, whether you agree or not this still has NOTHING to do with football

Blimey Scott, this has really got your back up. Whether it has anything to do with football is irrelevant. This man in our generation has been an inspiration to millions and millions of people both black and white. He has done more than any other man to bring black and white people together, to unite a whole country and touched people around the world.

Im staggered that you can even consider posting such comments and have such disrespect and hate for this man.

He was a world icon. Between him and FW de Klerk so much was achieved. Personally I think Nelson Mandela atoned for his earlier crimes and certainly did more than any other individual to break down racial barriers and prejudices. Sport does this better than anything else so although he had no direct involvement per se in football, South Africa certainly wouldn't have hosted the World Cup if he hadn't campaigned in the way he did. You don't become a joint winner of the Nobel Peace Prize for nothing.

I think the general reporting of the death 24/7 through the media can be a bit OTT but a minutes applause I see no problem with.

This works for me.

I also do not agree with this. What the hell has he got to do with football? Maybe at rugby matches it would make sense but he had no involvement with football or really this country. The bandwagon just gets more and more pathetic as the years go on. What next will we be having a minutes silence for Paul Walker?

How can you even mention Mandela and this guy in the same conversation. Im afraid you have missed the point of the minutes silence and what this man has achieved in his and our life time. If you dont want to applaud tomorrow then dont. But do not boo, that is not clever.

so why do we do minute silence for war heoes or ve day, what has that got to do with football? - grow up if you don't agree just shut up and don't clap, booing is very disrespectful

Blimey Scott, this has really got your back up. Whether it has anything to do with football is irrelevant. This man in our generation has been an inspiration to millions and millions of people both black and white. He has done more than any other man to bring black and white people together, to unite a whole country and touched people around the world.

Im staggered that you can even consider posting such comments and have such disrespect and hate for this man.

Killing hundreds upon hundreds of people, nothing can't atone for that EVER

Very poor comments I am afraid.

I thought this would just turn into the same as the other thread.

It might have nothing to do with football, but that isn't the reason why we shouldn't have the minute applause. Nelson Mandela was an icon in South Africa and (to my knowledge) did very little here in our country. That might seem like I'm being a bit xenophobic but that would be the only problem I have with it.

So did Jimmy Saville but I can't remember the minutes applause?

:winking: :net:

So did Jimmy Saville but I can't remember the minutes applause?

:winking: :net:

I was at the Queens Hotel in Leeds last week. It was where Jimmy was laid in state when he popped his clogs. Thousands went to pay their respects apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back