• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lord grant that Marshal Wade
May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
And like a torrent rush,
Rebellious Scots to crush.
God save the Queen

This one ring any bells?
I don't agree with German bomber song and for those trying to defend it, please don't. The pilots of the Luftwaffe were every bit as brave as those of the RAF.
P***** up gob ***** don't have the right. And for those trying to say it was to honour remembrance day, just shut up.

this thread reminds me of the ongoing facebook battles of the shut the borders vs immigrants didn't bomb france people. Send this to the pub! Just a proud chant related to the 11th nov in my opinion, more important thing to worry about

If you don't think the 10 german bombers chant is racist then you need educating. 10 green bottles isn't racist, songs about shooting down german planes is. This isn't rocket science.

That said, the atmosphere was fine for the rest of the day.

If you know your 2nd World War history of Southend, you will know that Southend and surrounding area's got bombed. Also, if the German bombers or fighter planes couldn't reach their London targets, they would pick the last coastal town they flew over to unload bombs or machine gun civilians. This included Southend. A German Heinkel 111 was shot down and crash landed in Lifstan way. My Mother-in-law was just a child when she was pushed quite forcibly into a shop on Southchurch Road, by her brother, the reason being to save her life, because a German fighter plane was pointing down and spraying bullets right along Southchurch Road at men, women and children.
So I don't feel too bad about a song to do with a Country that wanted to rule the world, wipe out all Jews, and bombed, murdered, tortured, raped women and young girls.
Even the present day Germans hate their nazi past, and have defamatory songs about them. They would probably laugh at the silly song.

I was there, and confess I never heard anything racist, which the German bomber song is not. The atmosphere in the ground before and during the game was rocking at times. I was there with friends and my 11 year old son and we all had a great day.

Some Southend fans like myself drive German cars and could easily have taken offence.

Was it reported to the stewards or to police? If not, then I see little point in complaining here. If our fans behave in a way that is clearly unacceptable then let someone know AT THE TIME. We had incidents of this nature at Burton, the police liaison officer wants to be told if it happens, particularly if it's the same lot of people.

So, if German supporters sang about flattening London , Coventry, Chatham, etc , no one would be offended ?

Or may be if, the Japanese fans sang about the Burma railway at todays u19 intl that would also be ok ?

There are always other peoples perspectives to consider

on that note its wrong to sing 'we hate col u?' in the Essex derby? because hates a strong word, and we are all brothers and sisters at the end of the day? This sites and world have gone made, grown men upset by non racist non sweary football chants!!

Have I got news for you and the Viz must totally disgust you....

Can we get a semi transparent German flag option to go over the top of our avatars? That seems to be the in thing to solve the world's problems these days.

It's not just banter... it is racist, hostile behaviour which is totally unacceptable!

Just the one post eh? Ok I'll bite.

You are the racism police obviously. The racism police who want to stop those speaking out about the overwhelming 'one town at a time' invasion by foreigners. So you label an insignificant event like the German bomber song 'racist' to keep us quiet about the bigger issues. Well it isn't working anymore. The racist police will not shut me up. The racist police would seek to shut me up but you can't. My country is changing into something grotesque and if you want to call me racist then fine. I am a racist. Always remember that there are no sub definitions of racism. One word fits all and that word suppresses free speech. This way debate is avoided. Sing the German bomber singer as loud as you like and hit back at the racist police.

Ok , I am convinced, singing songs about killing people of another nationality is neither racist nor offensive.

That said , I still cant see what the heck it has to do with a football match in Sheffield, I am sure those who do not find it offensive in any way, will be able to explain its relevance perfectly eloquently though

Anyone remember seeing the Heinkel that crashed in Lifstan Way during the war? I have relatives that did and they are so glad the plane crashed and burnt. That is our history and we must never forget. This country is still working the war through its psyche. The Germans killed our townspeople. The German bomber song in some ways entrusts incidents like this to folklore.

Some of you must find it hard to get by day by day without being offended.

If you know your 2nd World War history of Southend, you will know that Southend and surrounding area's got bombed. Also, if the German bombers or fighter planes couldn't reach their London targets, they would pick the last coastal town they flew over to unload bombs or machine gun civilians. This included Southend. A German Heinkel 111 was shot down and crash landed in Lifstan way. My Mother-in-law was just a child when she was pushed quite forcibly into a shop on Southchurch Road, by her brother, the reason being to save her life, because a German fighter plane was pointing down and spraying bullets right along Southchurch Road at men, women and children.
So I don't feel too bad about a song to do with a Country that wanted to rule the world, wipe out all Jews, and bombed, murdered, tortured, raped women and young girls.
Even the present day Germans hate their nazi past, and have defamatory songs about them. They would probably laugh at the silly song.
Bang on my town Wickford caught a few bombs from German planes im told by senior residents.Some people are far to easily offended these days

Why does it bother you so much that these 'young muppets' and 'hard men' (no idea how singing this means you're trying to be 'hard') are trying to remember those who fought in the Second World War? The way in which they do so doesn't really matter as long as it isn't completely offensive. Would you rather the brave men and their heroics of 70 years ago were left forgotten?

The 'wannabe hard men' comment was not related to their singing of this song , just that the group I have witnessed ( maybe not the same group on Saturday ) are a very sad little bunch of sheep who giggle to themselves and do very poor Danny Dyer impressions.
My point was that those 'little boys' are as far removed as you could possibly get from the heroes who fought and died for our freedom and would have been an embarrassment in comparison.
If they truly believe in what they are singing , then it would be much more believable and brave if they sung it alone rather than hide behind each other.

on that note its wrong to sing 'we hate col u?' in the Essex derby? because hates a strong word, and we are all brothers and sisters at the end of the day? This sites and world have gone made, grown men upset by non racist non sweary football chants!!

Have I got news for you and the Viz must totally disgust you....
That's just the Col U lot.

Some of you must find it hard to get by day by day, not being bright enough to differentiate between finding something offensive and being offended.

Start by looking up the word empathy and see how you go

Done. I have since put myself in someone elses shoes and still don't know how anyone can find that chant offensive.

Lighten up a little.

This is rubbish. The would drop bombs so the planes would be lighter and they might be able to get away faster.

The 'wannabe hard men' comment was not related to their singing of this song , just that the group I have witnessed ( maybe not the same group on Saturday ) are a very sad little bunch of sheep who giggle to themselves and do very poor Danny Dyer impressions.
My point was that those 'little boys' are as far removed as you could possibly get from the heroes who fought and died for our freedom and would have been an embarrassment in comparison.
If they truly believe in what they are singing , then it would be much more believable and brave if they sung it alone rather than hide behind each other.

So because you don't like this group your now going to throw the racism card at them. I loved the fact that when I arrived Saturday I could here signing and banging from outside the ground. Took me back a few years and long may it continue.

As for the song police who now think they have the right to speak on behalf of our veterans you don't so shut up. If your easily offended stay at home on a Saturday and dance round the lounge to your favourite Abba songs including Waterloo, you know the one that celebrates the defeat of Napoleon and the death of lot of Frenchmen.

Back